Word Games

nlloyd

Had some tricky letters to work with after the third row. Took a while to find a word that could work.

Wordle 235 4/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟨⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

missing

Well-Known To Whom She Wonders
A terrifying situation got resolved thanks to an unsent Wordle.

A Chicago grandmother was rescued from a 17-hour hostage ordeal after police were alerted for the unlikeliest of reasons: a missing solution to the day's Wordle challenge.

Denyse Holt, 80, was alone at home in Illinois on 5 February when a naked and mentally ill suspect entered her home.

Her daughter in faraway Seattle noticed something was amiss when Ms Holt failed to send her daily Wordle.

Jenny

From the Bloc
Looks like my stats are messed up, anyone else? Friday was fine, but then on Saturday, although it registered the right number of guesses, my streak is stuck at 37. Today should have been 39, but it still says 37. Ugh.

Susan1

Today's Wordle took me forever! :eek:

Wordle 239 5/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟩🟨
⬜⬜🟨🟩⬜
🟩🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Anyone else struggle with it? LOL.

And what does the 239 mean?
See other people's scores that start with 239 here? That's today's game number and you can see who struggled, or not. Tomorrow, everyone's will say "Wordle 240 __/6"

Yeah, I hate it when I have so many right letters and it just won't click soon enough, or there are too many choices.

Last edited:

Allskate

Heh. Worlds collide. This piece about how Nathan Chen is barely salvaging the Olympics mentions Wordle.

"I can’t be alone in having less than zero awareness that the world’s greatest sporting event was upon us until roughly the moment people were spinning on ice and dominating the news cycle. A marketing issue? Growing apathy about the Olympics? An inability to discuss anything but Wordle?"

sk8pics

Yikes, made a silly mistake.
Daily Quordle #22
9️⃣3️⃣
πŸŸ₯8️⃣
quordle.com
🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜ 🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨 ⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
⬜⬜🟨⬜🟨 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩 ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜ ⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟨⬜🟨🟨⬜ ⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜ ⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜ ⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜ ⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜⬜🟩⬜🟨 ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛

Better.
Wordle 241 4/6

🟩⬜🟩⬜⬜
🟩⬜🟩🟩⬜
🟩⬜🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
How the NYT Has Changed Wordle already

In a response to one reader asking about the changes, the Times said it had altered the word list to β€œremove obscure words to keep the puzzle accessible to more people, as well as insensitive or offensive words.”

Today's word was originally something else, but the Times decided that the something else was too obscure and changed it to something more familiar.

ETA: Quordle is evil. Life is too short.

6️⃣5️⃣
8️⃣7️⃣
quordle.com
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜ 🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜ ⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟩⬜⬜⬜🟩 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜ ⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜🟩⬜ 🟩🟨🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜🟨 ⬜⬜🟨⬜🟩
⬜🟨⬜🟨⬜ ⬜⬜⬜🟩🟩
⬜⬜🟩🟨🟨 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛

hoptoad

ETA: Quordle is evil. Life is too short.
I may need an intervention. I just added this to the daily English-Latin-Spanish one. The once a day games I can handle, but the ability to play again and again may destroy me.

Daily Quordle #23
6️⃣5️⃣
7️⃣4️⃣
quordle.com
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜🟩⬜🟨
⬜🟨⬜🟨🟨 🟨⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜🟩 ⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜🟩⬜⬜🟩 ⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜ 🟩⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜🟨🟨