Word Games

hoptoad

There is certain amount of randomness and luck.

Me today:
Wordle 273 4/6

🟩🟩🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Earlier this week I had my first loss on 'cater' and while I was annoyed I can't say that I made a true mistake while playing. Other days I lucked out despite some boneheaded moves.

Today was also the first day I had the same score on all my games: 4-4-4 on English-Latin-Spanish. More randomness, lol.

nlloyd

Wordle 273 3/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟩⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Lots of very hard thinking between the second and third tries. I still average four tries most of the time. My starting words are "heard" or "share" or "their" and I very rarely try a word that is unrelated to any letters I have discovered in earlier tries (to eliminate possibilities). I might try doing that on the second try to see if I can improve my average.

Susan1

Wordle 274 3/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩⬜🟩⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I've been doing this every 20 times from my count in Excel.

Out of 60 games -
1 got in two
15 got in three
20 got in four
10 got in five
6 got in six
8 didn't get at all

Down to 87%. But I am pretty much a "4". Let's make it 3-1/2. ha

Last edited:

PatChan4O

Solid, @Susan1 ! I need to do that. For those you didn’t get at all, didn’t you say you gave up (out of frustration or whatever?)

Susan1

Solid, @Susan1 ! I need to do that. For those you didn’t get at all, didn’t you say you gave up (out of frustration or whatever?)
Just a couple of them. Others, I just couldn't see it. I forget about repeating letters. The day it was rupee, I figured that was a foreign word or capitalized or something, so I didn't even try it. Now I see I should have since it would not have counted against me if it was not in their dictionary. "Saute" the other day - even on here, it puts a spelling line under it. It should have a ' mark at the end. But that was the day I tried Satan and Santa after I had the S and then the T as the second letter wrong just to see, and it said they were not in their dictionary, I'm figuring because they are proper nouns, and I didn't waste a turn. So I did saute without the ', and it said it was right. Grrr to the whole thing! You shouldn't have to analyze a simple word game so hard. :)

Yehudi

AITA
quordle and octordle are actually much easier than wordle when you figure out the right strategy.

Daily Quordle #57
4️⃣8️⃣
7️⃣5️⃣
quordle.com
⬜⬜⬜🟩🟨 ⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟨⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜🟨🟩
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨 ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ ⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩