Worlds 2024 Men FS: ‘Putting the Eh? in Standing Ovation’

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
They weren't going to get them anyways
IKR? I just :rolleyes: when Mark mentioned that was one of Frangi's goals. You keep dreaming, Frangi, and maybe someday you'll have one of those dreams come true. We can all chip in and buy you a ticket to the Disney amusement park of your choice too!

skatingguy

decently
Gabriele FRANGIPANI 🇮🇹
Coach: Fabio Mascarello, Cotugno Giulia
Music: Io Ci Saro by Andrea Bocelli

4T
4S - 3-turns out
1A

3A+2A+SEQ
Fly Sit Spin 4
3Lz+1Eu+3S
3F

3Lz - step out
Choreo Sequence
Change Foot Combo Spin 4
Step Sequence 2

Change Foot Camel Spin 4

A few misses for Frangipani, and the program seemed pretty empty.

148.75 = 2nd Place
231.38 = 2nd Place

peibeck

Simply looking
I don't see either Malinin or Uno or Kagiyama having an epic meltdown for Siao Him Fa. IMHO the medal race wasn't there for him at the first place. He is 16 points behind Brown after the SP, so the 4th place is quite possible, but then it was possible to begin with.

We don't really know what injury Ilia is dealing with. I honestly am not sure what to expect from him. His free at US Nationals was far and away enough there, but anything similar him will definitely land him off the podium.

Dave of the North

Digging up dead relatives since 1992
It's so startling to see Camden's tech score in the score box onscreen just above Adam Siao Him Fa's tech score. :eek:

ETA: Maybe the right word is "disconcerting" rather than "startling," since I can't really say I'm startled. :(
I think for a lot of skaters coming up it will be disconcerting...

(Just finished watching the Canada-Korea semifinal in curling so I'm hoping Chiu and Sadovsky won't raise my blood pressure any higher...;) that was a stressful game)

skatingguy

decently
Donovan CARRILLO 🇲🇽
Personal Best: 138.44
Season Best: 134.81
Current Rank: 15
Music: Bésame mucho by Pedro Infante, Consuelito Velázquez
Historia de un amor by Pedro Infante, Carlos Eleta Almaran
Cuba by DJ Rebel, Patrick Robert Abergel
Historia de un Amor arranged by Karl Hugo
Coach: Jonathan Mills, Myke Gillman

Three-time National Champion. Ranked 22nd at 2022 OWG. Finished 20th at 2021 WCh, 33rd at 2019 WCh & 22nd in his debut at 2018 WCh. Came 15th at 2024 & 2020 FFCh. Ranked 2nd at Tayside Trophy & NRW Trophy and was 11th at Autumn Classic 2023. First MEX skater to land a quadruple jump in competition & first to qualify for OWG in 30 years. Looks up to Javier Fernandez (ESP). Sat out the 2022/23 season recovering from ankle surgery and switched coaches, moving to Canada in 2023.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I went back and watched Carrillo's short by the way. 4S was nice, 3A much better, but that wild prerotation and twisted 3T is still ever-present :p

Matryeshka

Euler? Euler? Anyone?
Frangipani belongs in some horrible Brit/American rom com where he shows the young and feisty--but broken--American girl The Way To Happiness. Like he comes up suddenly on a vespa with a cappuccino and Chianti and says random but meaningful and prophetic phrases. And then he rides away into the crowd and She Is A Changed Person With Purpose Who Will Now Enjoy La Dolce Vita. And at the end, her dream realized, she looks back, and there he is, and they both laugh while he screams brava throwing kisses in the air.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I know I ranted for several years about wanting Carrillo to make a big change in his skating because it wasn't going anywhere, and now he did it. There's a consistent quad, the 3A approach is still so slow and tentative but he gets great lift into it. The toe-based jumps all look like they still have twisting problems into them and he skates slowwwwww but I still see progress.

That said, skating skills around 6.75 or 7.00 is fair IMO. Move the performance mark up for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information