Worlds 2024 Men FS: ‘Putting the Eh? in Standing Ovation’

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
I went out to run some errands and my car's battery was dead. I borrowed Mr. O's car and went to the liquor store, where the chip in my credit card wouldn't work with the terminal. I had to use another card which I rarely use, which will probably cause the credit card company to put a hold on that card. I'm hoping these aren't omens for the skating I'm about to watch :eek:

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
The best part about this program was the final piece throwing me back to Fournier-Beaudry and Sorensen's free dance last year, but now even that part isn't good.

peibeck

Simply looking
Chiu: Nice 4t/2t! His posture is really poor and he needs a lot more stretch to sell the sass this program needs. Not bad, but not the dream skate he probably wanted at his home Worlds.

skatingguy

decently
Wesley CHIU 🇨🇦
Coach: Keegan Murphy, Eileen Murphy
Music: Kill Bill

4T - step out
4T+2T
3Lo

3A - hand down, step out
Fly Sit Spin 4
3F!q+3Tq - flip was piked forward, step out toeloop
3Lz+1Eu+3S
3Lz
Choreo Sequence
Fly Change Foot Combo Spin
4 (3 after review)
Step Sequence 3

Change Foot Combo Spin 3

Four Continents was a much example of what Chiu can do. Clearly nervous here leading to too much energy for the first jump, and a loss of speed, and energy in the middle of the performance.

149.21 = 3rd Place
227.21 = 4th Place

Last edited:

Sally1214

I went out to run some errands and my car's battery was dead. I borrowed Mr. O's car and went to the liquor store, where the chip in my credit card wouldn't work with the terminal. I had to use another card which I rarely use, which will probably cause the credit card company to put a hold on that card. I'm hoping these aren't omens for the skating I'm about to watch :eek:
Yes, but .... did you get the liquor?? (Inquiring minds want to know)

skatingguy

decently
Mikhail SHAIDOROV 🇰🇿
Personal Best: 174.52
Season Best: 174.52
Current Rank: 16
Music: Carmina Burana by Carl Orff
Coach: Alexei Urmanov

2022 World Junior silver medalist. Ranked 6th at 2024 FCCh & 5th at 2023 & 2022 FCCh. Finished 14th at 2023 WCh & 32nd in his debut at 2021 WCh. Ranked 3rd & 5th in his GP events 2023. Placed 2nd at Golden Spin Zagreb & won Challenge Cup 2024. His father is a figure skating coach. Coach Alexei Urmanov (RUS) is the 1994 Olympic Champion.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Like Adam, Mikhail's got nothing to lose, so I fully expect him to go clean.

ETA - and he proves me wrong on his opening jump.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Im enjoying this more than I should :p

He adds a bit of flair to the little choreography he does have and the completed jumps are all very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information