Worlds 2024 Men FS: ‘Putting the Eh? in Standing Ovation’

peibeck

Simply looking
Shaidorov: 4 Lutz << but 4F nice. It's weird his jumps are either huge or soooo tiny and tightly rotated. Zero presentation though which is sad with this uber dramatic music.

skatingguy

decently
Mikhail SHIDOROV 🇰🇿
Coach: Alexei Urmanov
Music: Carmina Burana by Carl Orff

4Lz - timing was off, out of the circle, fall
4F!
4T+3T
Choreo Sequence

3F!
Fly Change Foot Combo Spin 4
4T

3A< - timing again, fall
3Lz+1Eu+3S
Fly Sit Spin 3
Step Sequence 3

Change Foot Combo Spin 3

-2.00 = Falls (2)

A lot of potential here, but he needs way more time in front of live audience to build performance.

154.17 = 2nd Place
234.19 = 2nd Place

Last edited:

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Shaidorov so talented. Not his best try…needs to improve expression in future. Upwards to 2025!

skatingguy

decently
Mark GORODNITSKY 🇮🇱
Personal Best: 161.23
Season Best: 161.23
Current Rank: 14
Music: Shape Of Lies by Eternal Eclipse
True Love's Last Kiss by Eternal Eclipse
Coach: Andrei Berezintsev, Inga Zusev

Ranked 12th at 2024 ECh, 13th at 2023 ECh, 17th at 2020 ECh & 30th in his only other appearance at ECh in 2017. Finished 16th at 2023 WCh & 25th in his debut at 2022 WCh.Competed at WJCh 2016-2019 with his best result being 14th in 2018. Placed 6th at GP Skate Canada, 2nd at Warsaw Cup & 3rd at Nepela Memorial 2023. Born and raised in Canada. His younger sister Maya competed internationally in figure skating. He was selected for WCh only shortly before the event by the ISR Federation.

Sally1214

Shaidorov had his ups and downs (literally) but so is skating (and life, in general). At least, I get another Urmanov sighting. :) And, no negative comments about him please. I still remember, when I was at a competition somewhere years ago and I was rushing back from the ladies' room and rounded a corner at full speed and SMACK ... ran right into someone. That someone put his hands on my shoulders to steady me and I looked up (cause I'm short) and it was HIM. I was like O-M-G ..... it's ALEXEI URMANOV. I was starstruck, to say the least. Soooooo, y'all just let me savour that memory, okay?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information