Worlds 2024 Men FS: ‘Putting the Eh? in Standing Ovation’

AYS

🌻
Absolutely! I would love to see how any competitors without any of the quad jumps would skate against Jason. How would they compare to Jason? Those skaters better have a very clean skate in both the TES and PCS scores or they will go downhill because none of them even come close to what Jason can do without those quad jumps Period. And, yes, without Jason, we wouldn't have had those 3 spots 5 times out of 10 years!
Jason had the highest score in every non-jump category in this lp - PCS, spins, steps, choreo sequence.

I haven't paid a ton of attention to men's events the past couple of years except for the top guys, but Gorodnitsky is very enjoyable to watch. I liked both his programs.

Tavi

It got really obvious the past two seasons with his slowdown in competing.

His 3A were great as recently as 2022:

Speaking of Sinnerman, wish that was a program he would bring back.
Considering that it’s never been an easy jump for him and that in 2023 and 2024 he was mostly doing shows and wasn’t training or competing full time, it’s really not surprising he’s been stalking it. I think it’s actually pretty impressive that at 29 he’s maintained his competitive drive and most of his skills at such a high level despite the limited training time.

skipaway

Brown - I can't believe Mark and Tonia didn't call out his INSANE stalking, telegraphing, ten minute entries into those triple axels. How he is getting +3 on that element is a JOKE. Also this Imposs Dream program is $hit and I didn't like the short either. Glad to hear he's getting new material for next season.
Jason is just trying to teach the next generation of skating fans what a triple axel is by giving them a long intro into the jump. ;)

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
I think Ilia may be starting to go viral. I'm starting to see his free skate video pop up from accounts that normally don't cover skating.
Music to my ears! I shared it on my FB and one friend who doesn't follow FS commented that she watched it and it made her want to cry. And I just had another FB friend share with me this clip from the CBS Evening News - https://fb.watch/r0FmlbNZgK/ It's so great that he's getting major media attention!

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Music to my ears! I shared it on my FB and one friend who doesn't follow FS commented that she watched it and it made her want to cry. And I just had another FB friend share with me this clip from the CBS Evening News - https://fb.watch/r0FmlbNZgK/ It's so great that he's getting major media attention!
My DH’s family in Russia is hooked - sharing all over. They’re in Ryazan’ … city of Trusova.

SkateFanBerlin

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Great, all this publicity. He`s young, typical fearless teen ager, master of jumps. This is just what USFS needs to get younger people interested in the sport. Now, just hope they don`t f*** it up - too much pressure, endless events/intereviews, messing with the people around him.
He's also cute in that boy-next-door way and it's pretty clear he's got similar interests to most of his age peers - skateboarding, anime, video games, etc. He has all the elements there to become a superstar.

LeafOnTheWind

I know people loved that Jason was on the last Olympic team but this is where I worry we screwed Ilia. The entire narrative from Scott, Brian and Nathan is they needed the first Olympic experience to learn how to skate for gold in their second.

I understand why Jason was selected but I stand by my feeling that Ilia needs to worry about mental preparation just as much as the physical. Ilia said he has talked to Nathan before so I hope that mentorship continues. It could be very helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information