Worlds 2024 Women FS: ‘Where Have All The Knitters Gone?’

Sally1214

Just heard Mark say Philippe Candeloro is in Montreal doing commentary for France. I always was a huge fan of his skating.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
There's just not one ounce of line or finish or listening to the music here. So many awkward positions into, during, out of the jumps and the way she carries herself is very below average at best. I am sure she can work on all of these things, but it's giving Ludmila Nelidina minus the triple Axel.

Jarrett

Go Mirai!
I'm a sucker for Japanese skating skills if you haven't picked up on it, and while her skating is very pretty, there's something missing. She's almost there on everything, but she doesn't really sell any of it. Almost there on the jump rotations, too ;)
I can’t tell if it is the carbs from the Panda Express or her skating but I was struggling staying awake myself. A bit boring.

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
I have a question regarding skaters that wear the tights over their boots. Couldn't the ice blade or toe pick get hung up on that tight while doing jumps? It sort of looks dangerous to me!

skatingguy

decently
Lorine SCHILD 🇫🇷
Coach: Malika Tahir
Music: Hell to the Liars

3Lz+3T
3Lz - too far outside the circle, fall
3Fe
Change Foot Combo Spin 4
3Lo+2A+2T+SEQ - not a lot of speed

3Lo
Step Sequence 4

3S+2T
Fly Change Foot Combo Spin 4
Choreo Sequence

2A - turned out
Layback Spin 4

-1.00 = Falls (1)

I can live with sloppy French jump technique, but I do wish she would stretch her leg, and extend her body.

113.49 = 3rd Place
172.90 = 3rd Place

Last edited:

skatingguy

decently
Ekaterina KURAKOVA 🇵🇱
Personal Best: 137.26
Season Best: 124.26
Current Rank: 14
Music: Solas by Jamie Duffy
My Way by Luca D'Alberto
White Flowers TakeTheir Bath by Meredi, Mari Samuelson
Coach: Angelina Turenko, Brian Orser

Five-time & reigning National Champion. Placed 12th at 2022 OWG. Came 25th at 2024 ECh, 4th at 2023 ECh, 5th at 2022 ECh & 10th in her debut at 2020 ECh. Finished 16th at 2023 WCh, 13th at 2022 WCh & 32nd in her debut at 2021 WCh. Placed 7th in her two GP events in 2023. Won Warsaw Cup & came 4th at Nepela Trophy 2023. Originally from Russia, switched to Poland in 2018. Trains in Italy and in Canada.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Absolutely hideous Lz+F sequence technique and the rest of her jumps are so tiny, but Kurakova just has a likeability that is off the charts. I don't always love her cutesy and charming programs (especially Elvis...) and I enjoy when she ventures into the more dramatic stuff. This is great.

ETA- it looks like she's really working to get that extra oomph and lift on the jumps than she did in the past.

Jarrett

Go Mirai!
Schild’s dress may look like a high school art project but I was more interested watching that than Chiba.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information