Yuna Kim is engaged to be married!

Sylvia

TBD

Olympic gold medalist figure skater Kim Yuna announced her engagement to singer Ko Woo-rim of vocal quartet Forestella on Monday.

“Kim and Ko’s wedding will take place in Seoul in October this year,” announced Kim’s management company All That Sports on Monday. Ko’s agency Beat Interactive also confirmed Monday that the two will wed in October.

According to the agencies, Kim and Ko first met in 2018 during an ice skating show, at which Ko’s vocal group performed.

“Kim and Ko first met when Forestella appeared as a guest at the 'All That Skate Ice Show' in 2018, and have been dating for about three years,” said All That Sports.

Kim, now retired, is a legend in Korean figure skating and a well-respected athlete. She won the gold medal in ladies’ singles at the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympic Games and the silver medal in ladies’ singles at the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games, among many other honors in international championships throughout her career. She retired in 2014.

Ko is a singer and member of the crossover vocal quartet Forestella. The quartet was formed through season 2 of JTBC’s competition program Phantom Singer. Ko is a graduate of Seoul National University’s College of Music.

The agencies added that the wedding will be a private ceremony, attended by only the couple’s close friends and family.

“Both Kim and Ko want to have a normal wedding with only close relatives and acquaintances. We plan to proceed privately without revealing the specific wedding date and venue to the media.”

ETA:
The pair made its romance public earlier in the day, as a local media outlet reported that it spotted the two on late-night dates.
Ko, 27, is a graduate of Seoul National University’s vocal department. He first caught the public eye as a member of Forestella, which won season two of JTBC’s crossover audition program “Phantom Singer” in 2017. The singer has been active since then, releasing albums and appearing on TV programs.
Widely dubbed “Queen Yuna” or “figure queen” in Korea, Kim, 31, is a former Olympic figure skating champion. She took up skating in 1996 and won gold at the Vancouver Winter Olympics in 2010. She retired from competitive skating after winning a silver medal at the 2014 Winter Olympic Games in Sochi.

ETA #2 - Yonhap News Agency article:
Ko, 27, is a member of the Korea crossover vocal quartet Forestella, which won the singing competition "Phantom Singer 2" that aired on JTBC in 2017.

He will continue his career as a classical and crossover singer even after the marriage, according to the agency.

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Happy 32nd birthday today (Sept. 5) to Kim Yuna! :)

She is on the September cover of the Korean edition of ELLE magazine - "Kim Yuna, the bride of October. She is willing to love and embrace the rest of her life. Before the next chapter of marriage, Yuna Kim met and talked about the future." Many photos here:
Machine translated excerpts:
It was my first time traveling abroad as an ambassador. It was meaningful. Paris is such a beautiful city. It wasn't my first time in Paris, but I went to Dior's rose garden in Granville and had a special experience, so it felt new.
Back in July she shared photos from the rose garden in Granville: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cf06AG7JNav/
I've only lived the life of a figure skater, so from the age of seven when I started my career as a figure skater to my retirement at the age of 25, it definitely feels like a chapter. After her limited life as a player is over, I think she's starting another life. Even now, after I turned 30, I feel like a new life is starting in many ways.
There's so much life left. I want to live the rest of my life happily the way I want to. The future will be shaped by the choices I make. It may not be as I thought it would, but I want to have a feeling that I can live like that. I want to believe that if I live the moment well, I will be able to live as I want.

On My Own

For the photo!

Machine translation:

Yuna Kim and Woorim Ko promised a happy future.

On the 21st, the JTBC Entertainment News team exclusively obtained the wedding invitations of Yuna Kim and Woorim Ko. The wedding of Yuna Kim and Woorim Ko will be held on the 22nd at a certain place in Jung-gu, Seoul.

The wedding invitation contains images of Yuna Kim and Woorim Ko standing holding hands on a green field. Kim Yu-na in a yellow dress and Go Woo-rim in a gray suit boast a good-looking male and female visual.

Along with this, the two wrote, 'I would be grateful if you could accompany me and bless me on the first road that we want to go longer and farther together.'

Yuna Kim and Woorim Ko first met at the All That Skate Ice Show in 2018 and developed into lovers. After that, in July of this year, Go Woo-rim's agency, Beat Interactive, said, "Go Woo-rim is getting married to Kim Yuna in October. After three years of dating, the love of marriage has come to fruition.”

Yuna Kim is a figure skater representing Korea. She won a gold medal at the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver, and became the first woman to achieve a Grand Slam in the four major international competitions. After officially retiring as an athlete after the 'All That Skate Ice Show' in 2014, he is concentrating on nurturing juniors.

Born in 1995, 27-year-old Woorim Ko graduated from the Department of Vocal Music at Seoul National University and is currently attending the graduate school of Seoul National University. Since 2017, he has been communicating closely with the public as a member of the crossover male quartet vocal group Forestella, who won the JTBC 'Phantom Singer 2'.

On My Own

More photos!

Former national figure skater Kim Yeon-a and vocal group Forestella Gourim are getting married today (22nd).

Gourim's agency, Beat Interactive, announced on the 22nd, "Forestella Gourim is getting married to Kim Yeon-ah at her home in Seoul today."

"On this day, the wedding will be held behind closed doors with only relatives and close acquaintances of both families," he said, adding, "We ask for your understanding that we do not announce the specific time and venue of the ceremony, and that many fans and members of the media will understand."

Finally, "I would like to congratulate Gourim on his new beginning," adding, "Gourim will continue to be active as a Forestella member, vocalist, and crossover singer even after marriage. I hope you will give a lot of support to the activities of Gourim that will unfold more maturely."

The couple, who were reportedly dating and married in July this year, first met in 2018 on the occasion of the All That Skate Ice Show celebration and got married after three years of dating. Kim Yeon-a was born in 1990 and Gourim was born in 1995.

Kim is a world-class figure skater who won gold in women's singles at the Vancouver Winter Olympics, first place in women's singles at the ISU Grand Prix Finals, and silver in women's singles at the Sochi Winter Olympics. Kim, who last retired from the Sochi Winter Olympics in 2014, served as an ambassador for the PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympics.

Along with Kang Hyung-ho, Bae Doo-hoon and Cho Min-kyu, Gourim is part of the crossover quartet vocal group Forestela, and released a new mini-album, The Beginning: World Tree, on May 30.

🥰

On My Own

Congratulations to them. That dress though is kind of underwhelming. How does she walk around in it? Perhaps I'm missing something.
Well didn't keep up with all the photos, but think she changed out after the wedding ceremony? This must be the reception. (Or whatever it's called, after you get married and then mingle with the guests haha)

On My Own

Machine Translation:

Hello, I am Yuna Kim. I met a good person and promised the future, so I had a beautiful wedding yesterday with the blessings of many people. A sincere thank you to everyone who congratulated me 🙂 And I want to express my gratitude to the many people who helped me during the preparation process. I will do my best to live a good life as I receive such a great blessing! Thank you ❤️

Sylvia

TBD
Ko Woo-rim talks of group Forestella's support in marriage to Olympian Kim Yuna (Dec. 29, 2022):
Excerpt:
Forestella members are all very friendly and supportive of each other, said Ko during the talk show. He said that the members spend nearly 360 days out of the year together and that they were incredibly supportive in his relationship with Kim, often offering advice.
Yoo, the host of the talk show, asked Ko whether he now goes home earlier than before since getting married. The Forestella members quipped up that Ko immediately goes home after practice sessions, to which Ko said that “I have someone waiting at home now, so I go early.”
Ko also expressed initial worries that his marriage to Kim may bring unwanted attention to his fellow members in turn, but said that “it is a happy event, my marriage, and my members told me not to worry too much.”
Ko and Kim tied the knot in October this year.

Nothing to do with her wedding but thought this was a cute feature - translated version (of the original article in Korean https://www.wikitree.co.kr/articles/819983):

ETA - very belatedly posting the link to Olympics.com's article Olympic figure skating star Yuna Kim shares stunning wedding photos
The skating 'queen' celebrated her marriage to Forestella's Ko Woo Rim on Saturday October 22 in central Seoul (24 October
Updated on 28 November 2022): https://olympics.com/en/news/olympic-figure-skating-star-yuna-kim-shares-stunning-wedding-photos

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information