2024–25 Canadian Women: News and Updates

danafan

Canadian ladies über
Tweet from Gabby Daleman after this weekend's competition: "Was so so incredible being back at competition! Six months ago, I couldn’t even walk and now I’m back competing. It’s a great starting point and I can’t wait to keep moving forward. Thank you to team, parents and my amazing Boyfriend for always being by my side. ♥️ #comeback 💪🏻" https://x.com/gabby_daleman/status/1825308912792268892?t=x675ej1VzIeUhxB7OPx1HQ&s=19
I love her attitude. At this point qualifying for nationals would be a huge victory and if she could skate well enough to get an international assignment it would be icing on the cake.

Andora

Skating season ends as baseball season begins
I love her attitude. At this point qualifying for nationals would be a huge victory and if she could skate well enough to get an international assignment it would be icing on the cake.

I'd love for her to leave the sport on better terms, the way Emanuel Sandhu was able to when he came back for one final (and spellbinding) performance at Nationals. He didn't place or hold up technically, but he certainly closed his amateur career out better than initially.

If Gabby can go even further, I'll be thrilled, but having a happy and healthy experience would be all I could ask for any skater with a tough career.

danafan

Canadian ladies über
Gabby posted a reel of her dong her first triple triple since her surgery.

danafan

Canadian ladies über
Megan Woodley is assigned to JGP in Ankara (confirmed on Skate Canada's assignments page). Lulu Lin is on the ISU entries for JGP Gdansk (not confirmed by Skate Canada yet) which would be her second assignment.

Dupuis and Schizas are going to Nebelhorn. Ruiter doesn't have a challenger assignment yet but there are a few on the calendar before SCI.

Fingers crossed other skaters not assigned to a grand prix will get challenger assignments (a few have met the score standard).

pointbleu

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
Excellent start at the JGP for Lulu Lin. Fifth after the short with a personal best score, only technical glitch was a q on her combo.

I'm enjoying her consistency after her injury and growth - bodes well for the future. So glad she already has a second assignment.

Aaron MB Fan

I've been on the fence about if I'd go to Nationals in Laval. I don't want to risk driving in the Eastern Ontario/Montreal cold and snow in January, and Laval is less convenient than Montreal if taking the train or flying in. But I would book my tickets and travel if Minsol Kwon somehow competes at Nationals to see her win live!

Last edited:

coppertop1

Apparently there are rumours that Minsol Kwon of South Korea is going to be competing for Canada. She is on the Senior Women's list for Ontario Sectionals.
Korea is jammed with talent and the Korean women don't seem to have much longevity, not helped by the fact that they have these weird ranking competitions. Switching might benefit her. Would she compete as a junior or a senior this year at Nationals?

Aaron MB Fan

Korea is jammed with talent and the Korean women don't seem to have much longevity, not helped by the fact that they have these weird ranking competitions. Switching might benefit her. Would she compete as a junior or a senior this year at Nationals?
She is on the list for Senior Women in Sectionals so it would be Senior it seems if she competes at Nationals.

coppertop1

kalamalka

Skaters no longer have to move up after winning juniors IIRC, as long as they're age-eligible. OTOH, there's no minimum age to skate seniors within Canada, and a lot of better single skaters will choose to compete senior domestically while still skating junior internationally (and Minsol Kwon certainly has the technical content to compete senior).

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information