2024 Stanley Cup Final: Edmonton Oilers vs. Florida Panthers

quartz

scratching at the light
3-0 going into the third. Where was this Edmonton team during the first three games??

Desperado

Ok, ok, Edmonton is my second to least favourite Canadian team but with all your hope and cheer, you all got me to tune in for the last period.

I’m a fervent believer that no Canadian team will win the Cup as long as Bettman is at the elm (I despise the man), but I’m willing to ride and cheer along. :cheer2::D

Habs

A bitch from Canada
I may need medication to get through Game 7. My little Oilers heart is BURSTING.

Desperado

Oh, the drumming thing. :yikes::slinkaway

We’re clearly hearing “Let’s Go Oilers!”. 50-50 Edm-Fla fans.

Apparently they were singing a Shania Twain tune last game. Anyone know which one?

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I used to watch NHL and even go to a few games every year until the Coyotes replaced many players,coach, GM, and they stopped winning. I remember Goingbto their conference final game, which they lost. The last three years I have lived a 10 minutes drive from their arena but I don't go to the games, nor do I watch them on TV. They are leaving anyway.

Jay42

Between the click of the light
I think that was the most nervous for a hockey game outside of the Olympics I've ever been. At least Edmonton didn't make it easy for Florida but it feels like they gave everything to tie the series and just didn't have enough gas at the end.

I will say though, good for Edmonton coming back from being the second worst team in the league at the beginning of the season and then having to make their backup goalie their starter after the playoffs started. For a guy who's only in his second full season as an NHL goalie Skinner acquitted himself very well.

Judy

I used to watch NHL and even go to a few games every year until the Coyotes replaced many players,coach, GM, and they stopped winning. I remember Goingbto their conference final game, which they lost. The last three years I have lived a 10 minutes drive from their arena but I don't go to the games, nor do I watch them on TV. They are leaving anyway.
I bet the tickets were a lot less expensive though vs what we pay in Canada. When Ottawa - my city - made the Stanley Cups final in 2007 I think playoff tickets were like 500.00. After we lost our owners - what a miserable SOB he was … just started being cheap. He really needed a partner but refused. He passed away 2022 .. and we have a much better owner now. He lost a lot of great people that worked for him (there was a lawsuit from one) and would phone players and berate them when he thought they played poorly. It’s a very, very long story though.

I def remember this happening in 2018 though. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/eugene-melnyk-out-ottawa-senators-billboards-1.4582197

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information