ISU Provisional Allotments for 2024, 2025 and 2026

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Well, Pavlova/Diatchenko obviously expected their "let's thank the organizers for this beautiful celebration of figure skating" medal in Budapest :p

But Kaunas was an actual hit. Maybe we should pick something as obscure. How is Albania this time of year?
Meh. Albania has no skaters competing at all.

How about Spain? Their fed is good at giving us drama when we're least expecting it, so you just know that next year will be an even fiercer battle between SmaDie and ValKaz for that coveted Euros assignment.

Or, maybe Tblisi will step in with an offer to host. Gotta get Egade, MetBeru and DavSmo on the Euros podium along with Gubanova!

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Meh. Albania has no skaters competing at all.

How about Spain? Their fed is good at giving us drama when we're least expecting it, so you just know that next year will be an even fiercer battle between SmaDie and ValKaz for that coveted Euros assignment.

Or, maybe Tblisi will step in with an offer to host. Gotta get Egade, MetBeru and DavSmo on the Euros podium along with Gubanova!
Tbilisi is having a bit of political unrest at the moment. Could be something or nothing….

Since I’ve been done out of GPF cause I’m not going back to Grenoble, I just want a city I can fly to easily from Israel where I expect to be in January. I’d love another Europeans.

Taso

It’s great that China stepped in to host a JGP at such short notice, but it’s far from ideal that the last event (for which there are usually last minute changes) is in a country for which almost everyone needs visas.
Actually the province Wuxi is in, Jiangsu, has a 144-hour visa free option for most nationalities. The 144 hour tally begins the first midnight after you arrive, so it's technically a little more than that amount of time. It's enough time to do a JGP event visa-less

On My Own

China seems to be stepping up more and more for skating, and they pulled off all their events without a hitch last season.

kosjenka

Pogorilaya’s fairy godmother
I am so sad about Euros.

Was booking friends to stay with me or near me, looked into what fun other things we could do in Zagreb.

Shame.
I think I know what happened with Croatian Skating federation but will wait to see what a few other people have to say before I mention it here.

cholla

Marquessa of Chartreuse
Grenoble is a hole in the middle of nowhere
If I'm happy Grenoble finally hosts this GPF it's only for logistics, because it's so close to where I live. (Which is in the real middle of nowhere, ask Skatak or Taz'smum) But Grenoble is indeed a real hole geographically :lol: stuck between 3 different mountain ranges, Belledonne, Chartreuse and Vercors, making a triangle and smothering the city. It's Siberian cold in winter and Sahara hot in summer. There isn't much to see or do in the city. The center has no special charm and the suburbs are ugly. The traffic around and inside the city is an abomination. The only nice things to see are the mountains around, preferably in winter when they are crowned with snow. That is, when you can see them because the city is often covered in clouds due to its plunging situation (and because of pollution as the suburbs are highly industrial) Here, am I good at selling it or what? :rofl:

I'm not an urban girl anyway but Grenoble is surely one of the French cities... I dislike the most! I live at equal distance of Grenoble and Lyon and if I want to make some serious shopping, it's an easy choice: Lyon. Lyon has no suitable ice rink and it's a real shame. Unlike Grenoble, it's a very beautiful city with plenty of old stones and charming places. As France second biggest city, it's easily and directly reachable from many foreign countries by flight or train, its famous for its gastronomy (when Grenoble main speciality is... nuts :ROFLMAO: , well, wallnuts). I had heard of a project about an olympic size ice rink to be built in the eastern part of town but it never saw the light apparently. Or maybe not yet?

with a completely unsuitable arena for a big event.
It has been remodeled 2 years ago and we will finally have real press stands. But the place is still small and dark. I hope they'll do something about the press room this time, like putting a tent or something between the rink and the building so we aren't soaked crossing the parking lot when it rains (which is also a frequent occurence in this lovely city...)

Last edited:

Lanie

the uberdom chooses YOU
27C is perfect weather. Aaah.

For now I am booked to fly into Geneva and made sure I had a 3 hour layover at CDG so I don't get stuck waiting for the terminal bus for 45 minutes and then sent through immigration/customs twice which got me stranded there after 2022 Worlds :drama: I was wondering if I should just fly in to Lyon instead.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
27C is perfect weather. Aaah.

For now I am booked to fly into Geneva and made sure I had a 3 hour layover at CDG so I don't get stuck waiting for the terminal bus for 45 minutes and then sent through immigration/customs twice which got me stranded there after 2022 Worlds :drama: I was wondering if I should just fly in to Lyon instead.
When DH and I went to Trophee de France in 2017 we flew onward to Israel from Lyon. We have never in our adult lives been scrutinized there like we were for security, they questioned us separately and asked where we were going to have American Thanksgiving!

It might just have been a bad day or officer but it was really something.

Ka3sha

China seems to be stepping up more and more for skating, and they pulled off all their events without a hitch last season.
without a hitch and an audience :)
have lost any interest for juniors, but going to Wuxi in October actually sounds like a wonderful idea

Now, can they follow Tallinn's example and get Euros, too?
Anyway, I guess since Shanghai Trophy is not on a Challengers list this year and is usually held around the same dates, they are not creating this JGP out of nothing

zebobes

without a hitch and an audience :)
have lost any interest for juniors, but going to Wuxi in October actually sounds like a wonderful idea

Now, can they follow Tallinn's example and get Euros, too?
Anyway, I guess since Shanghai Trophy is not on a Challengers list this year and is usually held around the same dates, they are not creating this JGP out of nothing
Wasn't Shanghai Trophy held during the National Holiday the first week of October last year? That was one reason the crowds were so big last year, because everyone was on vacation. This JGP is the next week, after the holidays, so it will miss the Golden Week holiday.

On My Own

Wasn't Shanghai Trophy held during the National Holiday the first week of October last year? That was one reason the crowds were so big last year, because everyone was on vacation. This JGP is the next week, after the holidays, so it will miss the Golden Week holiday.

It was (it was also not a challenger btw). It also held short track at the same event, so that also attracted more people than usual.

China isn't going to have a big audience on weekdays. This I heard from my friends, and it turned out to be true. The rinks used to fill up a bit on weekends. The 4CC was also just plain bad timing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information