Junior Events - Short & Long Programs

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
There is commentary on the French stream but none on the English - now we have funny "stuff" going on...

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Is there a new link? I'm getting "The livestream isn't available right now."

JoannaLouise

Official Toaster Oven Monitor
Lots of nice qualities from Cinçon-Debout/Celestino. I've always enjoyed Earl Jesse's older brother Edrian in singles as well. :)

Sounds like they still got a level 3 on the 2nd pattern despite the small collision they had. Good job for them!

JoannaLouise

To my untrained eye, I thought Martel/Oddson were skating at a much higher level than the previous teams. The commentators on the French stream appreciate how close together they were skating in the pattern during the rocker step. (Not that I can tell a rocker from a twizzle :p )

JoannaLouise

Standings after Group 1:

Savanna Martel / William Oddson57.95
Sophia Gover / Billy Wilson-French53.50
Auréa Cinçon-Debout / Earl Jesse Celestino50.70
Charlotte Chung / Axel MacKenzie45.33
Chloé Mentha / Émile Deveau42.03

JoannaLouise

Is this a new RD for Veillon/Brandys? I thought I remembered them skating to hip hop earlier in the season. Assuming this is the same team I was remembering, this program is a much better fit.

The French commentators liked Layla's knee action. (Who is commentating on the French stream? Is it Elisabeth Paradis and Alicia Pineault?)

JoannaLouise

I didn't realize Gans/Boutsan were only 15 and 14! They're definitely less polished than some of the other teams, but they have lots of time to develop. The commentators appreciate the sincerity in their level of expression; the performance was real.

JoannaLouise

There was just a shot of a full-size Pikachu stuffie sitting on its own seat all by itself in the audience! :rofl:

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
There was just a shot of a full-size Pikachu stuffie sitting on its own seat all by itself in the audience! :rofl:
One was thrown out for Martel & Oddson, along with a "chunky" Spiderman - perhaps that's the same one?

JoannaLouise

The commentators feel that Sabatini-Speciale/Buelow's speed and power sets them apart from the other teams; they don't have to expend a lot of effort to move across the ice. Still, it will be a big step when they move from junior to senior.

JoannaLouise

Standings after Group 2:

Layla Veillon / Alexander Brandys64.41
Savanna Martel / William Oddson57.95
Dana Sabatini-Speciale / Nicholas Buelow55.27
Sophia Gover / Billy Wilson-French53.50
Nicole Bolender / Aiden Dotzert50.90
Auréa Cinçon-Debout / Earl Jesse Celestino50.70
Audra Gans / Michael Boutsan50.46
Addison Pehl / Daniel Yu49.44
Charlotte Chung / Axel MacKenzie45.33
Chloé Mentha / Émile Deveau42.03

Wyliefan

Kudos to our commentators for maintaining all that enthusiasm through all these events. :lol:

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
I’m back in the hotel room watching the dance, I was frozen at the rink, no body heat with the lack of audience but what a fabulous venue. Except for the first couple of rows the seats are decent too. I think the commentators are doing a good job, helpful to wear the ear buds so can watch live but listen too. I think I will pick some up tomorrow.

JoannaLouise

Korneva/MacDonald "skated with lots of speed and energy and don't even look tired". She did one fewer rotation in the 2nd set of twizzles, which will affect the level. Level 3 on both pattern segments.

(I feel like I'm struggling a bit to listen in French while I'm typing in English, so apologies if none of this makes sense or is riddled with errors!)

Wyliefan

Kaitlyn seems to be having a bit of difficulty spotting twizzle trouble, which is odd considering how good she is at spotting everything else.

JoannaLouise

Stark/Kravets "were very expressive, but in an on/off way - sometimes they had a high level of expression, and sometimes you could see how hard they were concentrating."

Wyliefan

You need better choreography than that if you're going to do "It's Raining Men." Standing and posing doesn't cut it.

JoannaLouise

Carandiucs - the commentators point out that their hips were far apart in the pattern, and there were several places where their leg lines didn't match.

Wyliefan

Unpopular opinion: "Let's Dance" does nothing for me. Well skated by Chloe and Brendan, though.

JoannaLouise

I may have next to zero technical knowledge, but I can tell that Nguyen/Giang are doing a great job! :cheer2:

The commentators agree with me, saying that we rarely see that kind of precision with juniors; they were solid and really well synchronized. Both pattern segments are at level 4. They could dance a bit more with their upper bodies, but their posture is excellent.

JoannaLouise

That was really good from Fournier/Zhu, but to me it didn't look as effortless as the previous team.

The commentators appreciate their speed and ice coverage in the twizzles. They mention their ice coverage again in reference to the lift, as well as the rotational speed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information