The Amber Glenn Realness Appreciation Fan Page

Allskate

Sylvia

TBD
Queerty's Pride50 "celebrates 50 extraordinary LGBTQ+ personalities who have made an impact and inspired us in the last year" - their May 26, 2024 Amber feature:

ETA:

Last edited:

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Queerty's Pride50 "celebrates 50 extraordinary LGBTQ+ personalities who have made an impact and inspired us in the last year" - their May 26, 2024 Amber feature:

Love some of the highlights in this article.

Glenn has revealed more about the backstory of the dark times between her junior championship and when she came out. She has made those hard times into a message to help others and has been an outspoken advocate in growing conversation among athletes about mental health.

“As a junior athlete, I had crises that were overlooked in order for me to ‘do my job,’” Glenn said to Olympics.com. “I struggled in silence until eventually everything fell apart. Since then, I’ve refused to let my mental health deteriorate for short-term success.”

She also relished in being a queer role model inside and outside her sport. At nationals and at world championships in Montreal this spring, there were a few more Pride flags among the spectators. Many of those are a sign of support for Glenn’s pluck and persistence.

And she’s shown that she is not done even at the old-for-figure-skating age of 24. She was tenth at worlds but became the second U.S. woman to land a triple axel in competition.

She also plans to make a run at being a part of the U.S. Olympic Team for 2026 in Milan-Cortina, Italy.

Given what Amber Glenn has overcome so far, smart money says she’ll be out, loud, proud and at those Olympic Games ready to skate. We look forward to watching her continue to flourish for many, many years to come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information