Private Citizen

"PC." Pronouns: none/none
I've come to accept that this is what we're going to get from Levito -- program-wise, costume-wise, and technique-wise -- as long as she's with her current team of coaches and choreographers.

Maybe it's early season, but I felt like her choreography wasn't as complex as it used to be. White Crow was loaded with transitions and highlight moves (some of which she had taken out by Worlds). Liebestraum could work if she learns to hit the musical highlights and vary her speed to match the music. The combo spin offers a real opportunity (Mishkutenok and Dmitriev did a combo spin at the same musical highlight), and the three jumps in a row in the second half (something I normally hate!) could become a highlight if she shows a clear and visible increase of speed and power to match the music.

I thought her lutz looked better in the short program, but I think it was the camera angle. The free skate (from a different camera angle) lutzes looked very flutzy to me. I do think the set-up is marginally better / shorter.

Theoreticalgirl

your faves are problematic
Thought Isabeau's program was just fine. I guess I expect a little bit more from a reigning world medalist, even in early season events such as these. Maybe I'll like it better when she starts connecting a little bit more to the music in the expression department.

The thing that sticks out to me with her skating skills is how much of her body is doing the work to control edges. I wonder if some of this comes from the lack of speed, or that she skates more on top of the ice as opposed to getting into it, but I can't unsee the wobbling of her blade on transitions. That said, it's easy to ignore when she has such great extension and line.

I hate the dress. But generally speaking, I hate these overly fussy Korean/Russian style dresses :2faced:

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Thought Isabeau's program was just fine. I guess I expect a little bit more from a reigning world medalist, even in early season events such as these. Maybe I'll like it better when she starts connecting a little bit more to the music in the expression department.

The thing that sticks out to me with her skating skills is how much of her body is doing the work to control edges. I wonder if some of this comes from the lack of speed, or that she skates more on top of the ice as opposed to getting into it, but I can't unsee the wobbling of her blade on transitions. That said, it's easy to ignore when she has such great extension and line.

I hate the dress. But generally speaking, I hate these overly fussy Korean/Russian style dresses :2faced:
I ADORE the dress, program, etc. Very balletic! So feminine. Yay, Isabeau!

Private Citizen

"PC." Pronouns: none/none
Not a < but Sarah got a q on her 3-3 (2nd jump) in the sp.

I also thought the 2A+3T in the free deserved a <, and Everhardt has gotten frequent underrotation calls internationally. I'm not as keen on her jumps as others here. Big(ger) jumps don't mean lack of rotation issues.

I also really don't like the way she lurches forward between the 2A and 3T, but that technique has never been penalized for anyone else either.

AYS

🌻
Sarah Everhardt is reminding me a lot of Sarah Hughes with that Firebird and her skating in general, in some good and not as good ways.

layman

Sarah Everhardt is reminding me a lot of Sarah Hughes with that Firebird and her skating in general, in some good and not as good ways.
She reminds me more of Gracie Gold. She has Gracie Gold jump technique...the tremendous spring, the height and distance that Sarah Everhardt covers...it's very Gracie Gold. Now, she has a Gracie Gold (long) program to go along with her Gracie Gold-esque jumps.

I would like to see Sarah Everhardt develop some of the qualities that Sarah Hughes had though. Sarah Hughes had a soft, willowy quality to her skating (her knees were especially soft) and gorgeous extension, turnout and line. I would like to see Sarah Everhardt develop these qualities in her skating.

Stephanie

Apologies if this is old news, but I just noticed on the USFS site that Bradie's training town is listed as South Orange, NJ, even though her coaches are listed as Richaud (still based in France, AFAIK) and Jeremy Allen (based in the Chicago area, one of Taira Shinohara's coaches). Any insights?

Debbie S

Apologies if this is old news, but I just noticed on the USFS site that Bradie's training town is listed as South Orange, NJ, even though her coaches are listed as Richaud (still based in France, AFAIK) and Jeremy Allen (based in the Chicago area, one of Taira Shinohara's coaches). Any insights?
Maybe she's in school near there? Otherwise, it could be a typo/clerical error. Wouldn't be the first one on the USFS website.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
The FS costume - it's too busy/heavy on the shoulders and bust area. And they're doing that stupid extra layers/strips in the skirt thing again that they did last season. The skirt doesn't have as many layers but they're still there and completely unnecessary

That’s what I also said…. Too busy…same skirt again. You can tell when a skater (Schizas) keeps going to the same dress maker

Moto Guzzi

Isabeau's costume for Liebestraum is another "what were they thinking?" choice. I don't mind the music - though I do think it's a mistake to choose two extremely famous Romantic era pieces of music for both programs this season. Even if her team feels like the lyrical music style is the best fit for her there are plenty of options that don't include going to the well of both Tchaikovsky and Liszt in the same season. I'd recommend she keep Liebestraum - with a better costume, though (more thoughts on that below) - and go in a different direction for the SP. And when I say different direction, I really mean just a different musical era. I just had this wild thought and I wish someone could get this suggestion to her team - The Notebook - take some of the instrumental pieces composed for the movie - there are some soft, lyrical sections that would fit Isabeau but also evocative of the era the film was set in and, additionally, have the necessary rise and fall that great soundtracks can provide for skating programs.

The FS costume - it's too busy/heavy on the shoulders and bust area. And they're doing that stupid extra layers/strips in the skirt thing again that they did last season. The skirt doesn't have as many layers but they're still there and completely unnecessary. To be honest, I'd actually make the top a very simple illusion/nude neckline that gradually adds whickety-whack floral embroidery/appliques beginning around the bust and down the torso onto the skirt, trailing away at the hips, with the skirt being an air-brushed ombre mix of complimentary those same colors from the floral embroidery/appliques. I'm debating between complimentary pastels (peach, baby blue, baby pink, lilac, mint/sage/seafoam green, butter/lemon yellow) or perhaps some bolder colors (maybe bursts of fuchsia, grape, citrus, etc).
It's not as ugly as some of the dresses she's had (like those frumpy things she wore two years ago or last year's White Crow ostrich dress that thankfully was replaced with a more flattering one), but less would be better. Sometimes I think her coaches deliberately put her in these overly-done dresses to distract from some of her skating flaws. She's a beautiful skater but needs simpler costumes that enhance her overall look and not weigh her down with too much whickety-whack.

layman

Alyssa Liu performing (possibly her new SP) on August 15, 2024 at Summer Sizzler/Champs Camp.

It's a fun, sassy number (set to Donna Summer's MacArthur Park) that I think is perfect for Alyssa. The jumps look good and I continue to be impressed by her edging and flow (which she has clearly worked very hard on).

Jarrett

Go Mirai!

Alyssa Liu performing (possibly her new SP) on August 15, 2024 at Summer Sizzler/Champs Camp.

It's a fun, sassy number (set to Donna Summer's MacArthur Park) that I think is perfect for Alyssa. The jumps look good and I continue to be impressed by her edging and flow (which she has clearly worked very hard on).
I wouldn't mind that as a short program but I think she would have to change quite a few things in the layout for it to work properly/work well in the point system especially with that axel at the end. The audio is hard to hear so I don't know if I really like the edit but I do like the energy from her.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

I wouldn't mind that as a short program but I think she would have to change quite a few things in the layout for it to work properly/work well in the point system especially with that axel at the end. The audio is hard to hear so I don't know if I really like the edit but I do like the energy from her.

Also, it didn’t seem like she made full use of the rink

Stephanie

Really happy for Emilia after doing so well at Cranberry.

I would guess that Cleo Park (187 at Glacier Falls and 4th at junior cup) would be in line for Gdańsk unless there’s some injury or other issue we’re unaware of and I’m guessing this also means that Sherry Zhang still isn’t ready 😢

orbitz

I thought the same, but Hughes had much better spin positions. Everhardt's forward camel spin position is atrocious.

Reactions: AYS

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

Thanks to @clairecloutier some of this torture waiting is somewhat over because we’re all on the edge of our seats waiting for the queen to announce her music and here’s what we know so far…..

Glenn is keeping her new program music under wraps for now, but she shared a few hints about what fans can expect.

“My short program is very fun, very sassy, very different from what you might expect when you think of women’s singles [skating],” she revealed. “My choreographer, Kaitlyn Weaver, actually held on to this piece for a while, just for me. And it’s incredible. It just clicks. So that’s something I’m absolutely thrilled about. And then my free skate … We searched for months for music, just trying to find something perfect.”

Glenn described the free skate music she finally selected as “obscure, beautiful, mesmerizing.” Vocals were layered onto the original piece to create an effect she calls “sirenesque.” The music starts off quietly, but builds to an intense and dramatic finish.

“It’s very exciting and theatrical, so I’m really looking forward to it,” Glenn said. “I feel like I’ve got a really good package going for this year.”

ANL says… Looks like interesting music, and no warhorses. Can’t wait.

Last edited:

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

OK, speaking of the best current figure skater The world has to offer… Amber posted this story 30 minutes ago, are these three triple axles all in a row? I’ve watched three times and I cannot tell.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
OK, speaking of the best current figure skater The world has to offer… Amber posted this story 30 minutes ago, are these three triple axles all in a row? I’ve watched three times and I cannot tell.

You wish. 3A+2A+2A+2A.

On My Own

It's a 3A + 4A + 5A + 6A sequence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information