US Ice Dance 2024-25 News & Updates

Karen-W

Rumor has it that one of the above mentioned teams is allegedly married! :)

Rumor? As in actual wedding pictures that we saw in the skater weddings thread? :)

maybe someone else got married! someone heard my call to go the extra mile for that skam tbd!

Nope. Allegedly linked to citizenship too :)
Okay, now we need to start looking at the options on the ISP (and a few other new teams) -

Who we know are married already - Chock/Bates, Neset/Markelov, Pate/Bye

Who we know are far advanced in the citizenship process and don't need to get married to get their passport before 2026 - Carreira/Ponomarenko

Who we know are both already citizens and don't need to get married - Green/Parsons, Bratti/Somerville, Wolfkostin/Tsarevski, Morozov/Chen, Koncius/Shchepetov, Hawayek/Baker, Pham/Spiridonov

Siblings (ew!) - Brown/Brown, Mullen/Mullen, Peal/Peal

Too young - Deych/Hu, Epps/Gilman, Ilin/Cain, Renzi/Lissauer

Who is left on the ISP or a new team competing senior - Flores/Desyatov, Yi/Savelev, Cui/Rogers

One would think if FlorDes got married we'd have seen it on social media...

Debbie S

One would think if FlorDes got married we'd have seen it on social media...
And while I like Bella/Ivan, I don't think making the Olys on 2026 is a big concern. Unless they are looking ahead to 2030...

Zingas/Kolesnik also need citizenship and they are actually a couple, but I believe his citizenship is due before 2026. From what we've heard, he's had a green card for a few years.

Karen-W

And while I like Bella/Ivan, I don't think making the Olys on 2026 is a big concern. Unless they are looking ahead to 2030...

Zingas/Kolesnik also need citizenship and they are actually a couple, but I believe his citizenship is due before 2026.
Yeah, I think it was talked about here when they first partnered a couple years ago - that he's been in the US quite a while due to his previous partnership with Avonley.

Debbie S

Yeah, I think it was talked about here when they first partnered a couple years ago - that he's been in the US quite a while due to his previous partnership with Avonley.
I think the rule is you can't apply until age 18, so for him that would have been 2019 (Christina is a year older). Covid probably slowed things down a bit but when Emilea set up a Go Fund Me for him in early 2022, she mentioned that he was working several part-time jobs (I assume teaching LTS) so he would have had a green card or some sort of visa allowing him to work. Citizenship can't be too far behind.

coralline

Aboian/Veselukhin are also too young to get married right?
I would guess someone from Colorado Springs? You know Elena Khaliavina Dostatni can always find you a Russian boy.

Karen-W

Aboian/Veselukhin are also too young to get married right?
I would guess someone from Colorado Springs? You know Elena Khaliavina Dostatni can always find you a Russian boy.
We need Aboian/Veselukhin to be added to the ISP before we start speculating on marital status!

Karen-W

Finally have entries for Lake Placid!

Senior US teams - Browns, Flores/Desyatov, Morozov/Chen, Neset/Markelov, Pate/Bye, Pham/Spiridonov

Junior US teams - Aboian/Veselukhin, Epps/Gilman, Ilin/Cain, Mullens, Peals, Wolfkostin/Tsarevski (whut?!)

ETA - checked their ISU bio and they ARE junior age-eligible with the age changes approved this summer!

ETA - italicized teams are not currently listed on the USFS ISP.

Last edited:

Karen-W

Rumours have been going around for a while that they’re doing the same plan as Gauthier/Thieren.
It makes perfectly good sense, TBH, especially seeing as the US is a little thin on the jr dance side this year. Guarantees them two international assignments and likely making the JGPF too.

Karen-W

If Aboian/ Veselukhin are competing in the international event, does that mean he has his release?
I'd presume so but can't be positive about that since the USFS hasn't updated the ISP to include them (or Pham/Spiridonov or Morozov/Chen).

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
In a million depressions not to be there. :fragile:

I think it’s strange to go back to Juniors. It made sense for Chen because his partner was so new, but W/T are experienced.

What a traffic jam American ice dance is!

Karen-W

In a million depressions not to be there. :fragile:

I think it’s strange to go back to Juniors. It made sense for Chen because his partner was so new, but W/T are experienced.

What a traffic jam American ice dance is!
LOL - actually, this is a great move for them when you think about it. They didn't get any GPs assigned because we are so log-jammed yet Neset/Markelov as the reigning JWC got 2. WolfTsar, theoretically, will be ringers on the JGP circuit the way MetBeru were in pairs. If they can go to Jr Worlds next year and win, they'll easily set themselves up for 2 GP assignments on the initial list next season and that puts them in a good position compared to the other teams they're going to be battling in the lower top 10 range at US Nats the next two seasons while waiting for some of the teams ahead of them to retire.

Dobre

The trainwreck worthiness it takes to become the first junior dance team to tackle the big leap up to seniors and then :gallopin1 enough to split and both move down to repeat a season of juniors, yet not during the same season. This will be a new bar for transition drama, perhaps never to be matched.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information