2024 4CC FD - Shang-Bye

Colonel Green

Assorted thoughts:

🇯🇵 Tanaka/Nishiyama - generic program, I guess they used up all the personality in their Mario Bros. RD. But I like the look of this team. Promising for the future.

🇨🇳 Chen/Xing - strong male partner commitment to the performance. Some atypical music cuts here.

🇯🇵 Yoshida/Morita - the only upside to promising teams splitting is if you end up with two good teams out of it, and Japan might have pulled that off here. So far it looks like Utana has the edge in the breakup battle, this is certainly the more interesting free program of the two. Hi Cathy, looks like you're doing good!

🇰🇷 Lim/Quan - I won't be surprised if these two end up being the most successful junior team of their graduating class. That Olympic year 4CC medal is going to launch them into a strong 2026-2030 quad, I'm sure.

🇦🇺 Harris/Chan - these two have felt kind of lost in recent seasons, but this was a strong event for them overall, hopefully they're starting to get back on track. Holly has such star quality, I always want more for them.

🇨🇦 Lauriault/Le Gac - fun. Glad they got this championship assignment opportunity, albeit the circumstances for Marjorie & Zach are of course regrettable.

🇺🇸 Green/Parsons - warning, impending coach firing. Here's a team that the judges seem to have completely lost interest in for no obvious reason.

🇯🇵 Komatsubara/Koleto - obviously the news of that Olympic silver medal put them in a positive headspace.

🇺🇸 Zingas/Kolesnik - this program is still really generic for such famously recognizable music, but this is a likeable team. Just have to hope their personal relationship hangs together.

🇺🇸 Carreira/Ponomarenko - can't say the program does much for me, but these two can be an inspiration to Green/Parsons right now, because they appeared to be going nowhere in recent seasons, and yet here they are.

🇨🇦 Stand By Your Man/Persona Non Grata - sigh, I really wish I could still like this team, they were so much fun in the past.

🇨🇦 Gilles/Poirier - heh, I realized these two haven't been to 4CC since 2020, between the pandemic, the Olympic season, and Piper's cancer surgery. It's great to see them finally win here, this is probably the last major item they're likely to add to their CV at this point, other than that maybe-happening Olympic team medal.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
I will admit their music kind of makes me want to watch the movie but it's mostly because I want to hear Angela Lansbury sing Beauty and the Beast.

Yes, it first I wasn’t really liking their musical choices but last night their free dance was really really good. I really enjoy this

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
I love the Beauty & the Beast program and always have. But I'm a bit bemused that, according to Emilea, they're on their THIRTY-NINTH version of the music, and in all those versions they never thought to switch around the order so that "Evermore" isn't at the end. Given the way the program develops, it's glaringly out of place -- the only problem with the music and program, to my mind.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
I love the Beauty & the Beast program and always have. But I'm a bit bemused that, according to Emilea, they're on their THIRTY-NINTH version of the music, and in all those versions they never thought to switch around the order so that "Evermore" isn't at the end. Given the way the program develops, it's glaringly out of place -- the only problem with the music and program, to my mind.

39?????

Wow.

And I do agree with you about the placement of Evermore. I've always thought that was strange.

Tinycities

Interesting. One of the other things they mentioned is that it’s their third FD.. didn’t they also do a week with Benoit early in the offseason last year? Wonder if they trashed whatever he choreographed for them.

Tak

Green/Parsons - Here's a team that the judges seem to have completely lost interest in for no obvious reason.
Really? How about incredibly boring programs, kind of sloppy skating to nothing music, and no real connection between them.

Honestly, I used to like this team and thought they had potential, but ever since they changed coaches they've been going downhill for me. Im still kind of confused why they left, but Id like to see them go back if they can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information