Skate Canada 2023 Mens SP - Goodness Gracious Great Balls of Fibre

Sally1214

The way this Men's SP has gone, I think I might save my mobile hotspot data and not watch the FS tomorrow night. Yikes.
It's definitely been underwhelming. At this point, Cha pretty much has to just show up at centre ice to take the lead. But, then, he's been known to melt down too ... so anything is possible. Good luck to him for a big finish.

genevieve

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger (she/her)
Staff member
did the ice mics just get turned up or is Cha that scratchy?

Splat :fragile:

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Really hard to tell, but the 3A may have been on two feet?

When he's on, he's electric and I haven't seen anything as beautiful for a long time as the final minute of his free skate last season, but when he's not on like today, this is all a little flat. Bombastic music and he's just going through the motions.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
I love the potential of this fw but also he uses a lot of time and energy on that axel set-up

skatingguy

decently
Cha, Junhwan 🇰🇷
Coach: Hyun Jung Chi
Music: Masquerade Waltz by A. Khatchaturian

4S+2T
4T - awkward fall
Fly Camel Spin 4
3A
Ch Sit Spin 4
Ch Combo Spin 4
Step Sequence 4

A bit of a rough skate. The fall on the quadruple toeloop came almost after the landing, and probably came as a surprise to Cha.

86.18 = 2nd Place

Lanie

the uberdom chooses YOU
Really hard to tell, but the 3A may have been on two feet?

When he's on, he's electric and I haven't seen anything as beautiful as the final minute of his free skate last season, but when he's not on like today, this is all a little flat. Bombastic music and he's just going through the motions.
Far more eloquent than I am but this is how I feel about his skating.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Well, Cha will probably eke out a score over 90 because he's the world silver medalist, but... this program just isn't cutting it for me.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Oh, CHA. CHA. CHA !!!! Such a great tune…why fall? Bring back the white shirt, pls!

mtnskater

Love Cha’s skating, wonky axel take off and all. Gives me the impression he is undertrained a bit at the moment. But I have a feeling this program will be very effective for him with more mileage. No longer with Orser??

peibeck

Simply looking
Junhwan always has the most hideous shirts. Sorry. :shuffle:

This program has potential, but like most of the men tonight it's definitely undercooked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information