Chinese skating news & social media updates pt. 5, 2023 onwards

On My Own

Now because all of us 100% care and totally want to watch magic on ice, this account has updates:

I'm stunned nobody told me that the team's actually Liu/Ge. The guy, otoh, I don't think I've ever heard of (Qu Zhibo) and I'm going to pretend I didn't even if someone shows me receipts that in fact I did.

raruki

Yihan should work on her expressions, as she always keeps that poker face in every program. :ROFLMAO:
Bit unfortunate for her today because of the politicking of the judges and illness. She coughed before that messy 3F.
But yeah, still a very successful debut for her! and now gets that junior national title in November and competes in the Junior Worlds next year.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Question for our Chinese skating experts - are any of the junior teams eligible for the Winter Youth Olympic Games?

Both partners must be born between 1 Jan 2006 and 31 Dec 2009.

Gris

不做奴才做公民
Question for our Chinese skating experts - are any of the junior teams eligible for the Winter Youth Olympic Games?

Both partners must be born between 1 Jan 2006 and 31 Dec 2009.

AFAIK no eligible pairs team. Several dance teams are, though, including Tong Liu / Quanshuo Ge (2008/2006) and Shanjie Yin / Shirui Yang (2007/2007).

Gris

不做奴才做公民
JGP season for Chinese skaters has finished since there won't be Chinese skaters in Yerevan. A summary:

Junior Men

Tonghe Tian 200.98 4th in Linz JWC MTS ✅
Yudong Chen 178.88 7th in Budapest, 134.92 18th in Gdansk :( JWC MTS ✅
Wenbao Han 175.73 8th in Bangkok JWC MTS ✅
Zhiao Jiang 154.37 17th in Osaka JWC MTS ✅

Junior Women

Yihan Wang 155.28 12th in Budapest, 176.30 4th in Gdansk JWC MTS ✅
Ruichen Tong 156.09 8th in Bangkok, 166.34 7th in Osaka JWC MTS ✅
Shiqi Gao 160.56 8th in Budapest, 146.62 9th in Gdansk JWC MTS ✅
Ruotang Li 127.30 14th in Bangkok, 146.61 10th in Osaka JWC MTS ✅
Mengqi Zhang 145.69 10th in Linz JWC MTS ✅
Ruiyang Zhang 145.21 12th in Linz

Junior Pairs

Yixi Yang / Shunyang Deng 121.66 7th in Budapest, 129.79 4th in Gdansk JWC MTS ✅ (Alternate #3 for JGPF)
Wenning Shi / Zhiyu Wang 123.50 🥉 in Linz, 120.60 7th in Gdansk JWC MTS ✅ (Alternate #2 for JGPF)
Yunjie Wang / Helin Liu 97.19 10th in Linz

Junior Dance

Yufei Lin / Zijian Gao 136.14 5th in Bangkok, 143.97 5th in Gdansk JWC MTS ✅
Xuantong Li / Xinkang Wang 118.55 10th in Linz, 129.17 9th in Osaka JWC MTS ✅

----------------

Winter YOG entries will be selected based on the results of Junior Nationals (Nov. 19-27).

Gris

不做奴才做公民
Huh. Then it will be Tonghe's.

Junior worlds has two spots? Then Yudong has time, IIRC it will be based off senior nationals.

Yes there are 2 spots in men in JWC. It's (partly) based off Junior Nationals, but those with World Standing (including Junior WS) in top 50 by Dec. 31 will be given priority and Yudong currently is ranked 20th. I think his spot is safe as long as he recovers well.

On My Own

Someone needs to make a Chinese skating twitter so people/I can bookmark/search tweets... i花滑 is active occasionally, someone needs to go harass them to be more active

raruki

YAN Han in Pang/Tong’s ice show.

On My Own

Huh. Then it will be Tonghe's.

Junior worlds has two spots? Then Yudong has time, IIRC it will be based off senior nationals.

Yes there are 2 spots in men in JWC. It's (partly) based off Junior Nationals, but those with World Standing (including Junior WS) in top 50 by Dec. 31 will be given priority and Yudong currently is ranked 20th. I think his spot is safe as long as he recovers well.
Junior Worlds: Priority given to skaters in the Top 50 on ISU Season's Ranking. The other entries for Men, Women and Dance will be selected based on the results of the Junior Nationals (Nov. 19-27), the other entries for Pairs will be selected based on the results of the Senior Nationals (Dec. 21-24).
I forgot only Pairs is via senior nationals. Anyway I bookmarked this post now :p

raruki

Nini changes her FS Curse of the Golden Flower program into Lara's soundtracks for the Shanghai Cup and the upcoming GPs, choreographed by Benoit.

Sylvia

TBD
July 18:
http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00104690.htm
ISU has updated the BIO of NINI and the programs of her new season.
Music Short Program as of season 2023/2024
Femme Fatale by Compilation - Studio Unisons
Music Free Skating / Free Dance as of season 2023/2024
Curse of the Golden Flower by Shigeru Umebayashi

sneak peeks of her new costumes in FS next season.
July 23:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CvEFuvFLANI/?igshid=MTc4MmM1YmI2Ng==
sneak peeks of her new costumes in SP, Cleopatra and her black cat.
Yeaji Shin was tagged as the choreographer for both programs in July.

Xiangyi (Nini) AN's new free skate, choreographed by Benoit Richaud, is from the Lara film soundtrack (2019) by Arash Safaian (refer to raruki's post above mine). Her new FS music is not yet listed in her ISU bio.
Link to the Shanghai Trophy competition thread in Kiss & Cry: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/threads/2023-shanghai-trophy-oct-3-5-shanghai-china.110912/

Last edited:

On My Own

Team China looked pretty okay here. I didn't expect Day to be in shape because of how suddenly it all happened, but any experience internationally is good. Jin's improving his basic skating quite a bit - want to see more work on body movement and facial expression. Definitely looking like he's regaining strength with his jumps now. Like the LP much more than the SP, but I think this SP is supposed to show he can do transitions and "complex moves" so I kinda get it. Peng/Wang did great, throw triple and triple twist, maybe it won't be a complete wreck with them at the GPs, and the SP is fantastic choreography. Zhang/Yang did about as well as I expected, but I like this program more than last season's.

raruki

Full version

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information