2022 Russian junior & senior (Sept. 24-25) test skates

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I see a lot of attempts to copy Valieva's style and look, but she does it better. Samodelkina is a good skater, but her spins, extension and basic skating falls far short of Valieva's and it is telling when they style her the same. Sokolovskaya should let her develop her own unique style.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
Is this the same music Medvedeva used for her 9/11 program?

ETA: Apparently it's not, but the beginning sounds quite similar.

Lana K

In mourning for Kaori's 2022-2023 season hair
Shame about the opening axels. But this program is an absolute dream for Liza. By far the best LP she’s ever had, I think?? I’m glad she’s still skating and pushing herself artistically. :cheer2::cheer2:

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I know she's been sick, and I think this is probably the best FS she's had in years, but she is so slow and still doesn't cover 3/4 of the rink. It's hard to divorce the like of her as a person and some of the flaws in her skating that have been there since she was 12. I hope it continues to improve over the season because I do think it is an excellent program.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
Those random "Tinkoff"-ads during the comments are killing me :rofl:.
One moment they are talking about the skater, when suddenly Grishin (I think) reads out the ad right there and then they get back to talking about the skater :lol:.

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
Team Tutberidze: let's take the worst possible idea, create the most meh programme, give it to the most amazing skater and get a really touching performance.
The girl can make you cry or laugh with her skating to a phone book and they give her THAT. Ugh.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Team Tutberidze: let's take the worst possible idea, create the most meh programme, give it to the most amazing skater and get a really touching performance.
The girl can make you cry or laugh with her skating to a phone book and they give her THAT. Ugh.
Well, some Russian reporter is sure to ask for an interview so they can explain their reasoning.

Lana K

I’m surprised to see Yulia Artemyeva with a new partner. Her and Mikhail Nazarychev were so promising and charismatic as a pair, I thought.

Amy L

Max calling them the new Ryzhiki (redheads), which is the nickname for T/M.

Lana K

Too bad that Daria/Denis kept the Swan Lake FS for another year. It just doesn’t seem to play to their strengths.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
So, Egor "Will Close" Zakroev has also joined Sliusarenko's school as a coach?
Perm has always had a good pairs program but they've been upping their game for a few years now. Good for them.

Amy L

Artemieva/Briukhanov seem kind of random to me, like they got partnered through a game of musical chairs.

Lana K

I love Yulia and her diva potential but I’m not sure this program (or partnering) is working for her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information