2023 Eurovision - What’s the Scouse for douze points chuck?

Garden Kitty

Tranquillo
Johnny Weir posted some instagram clips of his skating to Alexander Rybak playing live, and then a joke clip of Rybak and him walking in matching ensembles. I don't know if they're working on a project together or they're just friends, but it's always surprising when worlds collide.

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
“Heart of Steel” by Tvorchi will represent Ukraine at Eurovision 2023

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
I was at a party last night and my hubbys best friend (they are both from Liverpool) is going to Eurovision on trip home. I am so envious!

antmanb

I was at a party last night and my hubbys best friend (they are both from Liverpool) is going to Eurovision on trip home. I am so envious!
Have any tickets been released yet?

Mr Antmanb is on a mailing list about tickets and hasn't heard a peep yet.

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
Have any tickets been released yet?

Mr Antmanb is on a mailing list about tickets and hasn't heard a peep yet.
I will pass on any info I hear? Their family is in Liverpool so are able to stay fairly close for free. I was tempted too but we sold my MIL house last year or could have stayed there.

3T3T

Ex Sex Pistols frontman John Lydon (Johnny Rotten) one of six acts competing to represent Ireland in Liverpool.

When I was listening to Ryan Turbidy this morning I thought I was hearing things when he said John Lydon 😂😂 It seems a bit bizarre/random but he does have Irish routes. Not sure which is my favourite but I really hope we qualify for the final this year 🤞🤞

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
When I was listening to Ryan Turbidy this morning I thought I was hearing things when he said John Lydon 😂😂 It seems a bit bizarre/random but he does have Irish routes. Not sure which is my favourite but I really hope we qualify for the final this year 🤞🤞
Think I will wait until the national final (on The Late Late Show :scream: ) to listen to the songs as I don’t want to be disappointed by a song I liked being badly staged.

Yes, it would be nice to qualify. Last time was 2018 and it is really embarrassing given our tradition in Eurovision and the quality of Irish music in general. :yikes:

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!

Still haven’t listened to his song, but he can f*ck right off if that’s his attitude. :blah:

John said, despite his opinion on the contest, he's hoping to bring a change to the show's usual style. He added: "But look, we’re giving it a chance to break out of that mould."

His hopes to shake things up don't align at all with the song he is entering with :confused:
And he clearly hasn't watched much over the years if he hasn't seen entries that broke well out of the mould of Eurovision.

miffy

Bad Brit
Staff member
From what I have heard of the song it's not very punk....
Very true :lol: Public Image Limited were never really punk, post punk maybe, (personally I only really loved their new wave era, the 12” version of This is Not a Love Song was perfect in clubs) but their music style changed as often as their line up.
I was excited to hear the song but am underwhelmed. Maybe it’ll grow on me if it qualifies although his comments on Eurovision are really off putting.

I’d love to see Ireland do well. The UK had their moment last year so anything is possible! I don’t think P.I.L. will do it with this song though.

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
I just listened to PIL's song because it came up on my Release Radar and it was so not what I was expecting. There is an article about it in Rolling Stone. Lydon's wife has alzheimers and it is for her. Amazing they have been married for 47 years.

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
The Irish national final starts in about 20 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information