2023 Golden Spin 06.12.-09.12.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
And this is why the US lost a spot at Worlds she is simply not reliable. Amber should have won this competition easily to be honest but just collapsed yet again. Even with a terrible SP Isabeau scored almost 15 points higher at the GPF.

meet me down by the creek

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

And this is why the US lost a spot at Worlds she is simply not reliable. Amber should have won this competition easily to be honest but just collapsed yet again. Even with a terrible SP Isabeau scored almost 15 points higher at the GPF.

Amber didn’t effectively cause that loss because Bradie didn’t step it up as she was the US silver medalist.

if you were looking for the US to retain three ladies by the worlds than you would’ve been having your microscope on Isabeau and Bradie not necessarily Amber.

And who else is your reliable US lady? Lindsay that’s a 99.9% chance on who is the caller at that event because even at NHK there were under rotations that did not get called. There is too little known about Ava Marie… She apparently switched coaches the day before yesterday, and did really well with that switch, so who knows… I don’t know who you will see in the magic crystal ball as the reliable second US woman….

ending on a positive here Amber is three for three with all of her triple axels, and no under rotations and carrots. As I said yesterday it’s just keeping her mind together. She’s able to do all of her tricks and jumps when her mind is together. No reviews on her usually.

Last edited:

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Amber didn’t effectively cause that loss because Bradie didn’t step it up as she was the US silver medalist.

if you were looking for the US to retain three ladies by the worlds than you would’ve been having your microscope on Isabeau and Bradie not necessarily Amber.

And who else is your reliable US lady? Lindsay that’s a 99.9% chance on who is the caller at that event because even at NHK there were under rotations that did not get called. There is too little known about Ava Marie… She apparently switched coaches the day before yesterday, and did really well with that switch, so who knows… I don’t know who you will see in the magic crystal ball as the reliable second US woman….

ending on a positive here Amber is three for three with all of her triple axels, and no under rotations and carrots. As I said yesterday it’s just keeping her mind together. She’s able to do all of her tricks and jumps when her mind is together. No reviews on her usually.
Listen, at this point, the chances of there being a generous tech panel reviewing Lindsay's rotations at Worlds are higher than Amber getting her mind together for both segments of any given competition. Amber has NEVER demonstrated any degree of consistency. She's been competing internationally on the junior and senior level for ten seasons now. Just when is she going to break through the mental block she has? She's the female version of Camden Pulkinen. Except Camden at least has a World Junior title to his credit.

jlai

Question everything
Listen, at this point, the chances of there being a generous tech panel reviewing Lindsay's rotations at Worlds are higher than Amber getting her mind together for both segments of any given competition. Amber has NEVER demonstrated any degree of consistency. She's been competing internationally on the junior and senior level for ten seasons now. Just when is she going to break through the mental block she has? She's the female version of Camden Pulkinen. Except Camden at least has a World Junior title to his credit.
Camden also has a small medal at 2022 worlds. Fifth was very respectable for him. I am not sure he has a junior world title?

Karen-W

Camden also has a small medal at 2022 worlds. Fifth was very respectable for him.
Oh, I know. He was also the #3 on the 2022 Worlds team, with less than 2 weeks notice after Nathan WD. And yet, he and Vincent were the reason we had 3 men last season - though Vincent & Ilia's placements also would have guaranteed 3 spots as well.

I really don't buy this "well, they were only the #3 on the team, so it wasn't their responsibility to contribute to maintaining that third spot..." excuse. That's a very selfish POV and while skating (especially singles) is an individual sport there are still team aspects to it and, for over 25 years now, one of those team aspects is how the combined placements of the team members determine the number of spots the country has the following season. Everyone on the team matters!

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

that is it, I have had it. I am elevating you to the skate Gods. Also, I’d be careful with that eggnog.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

and no, she’s not the female version of Camden. She doesn’t go to her Rolodex of warhorses, since she was a junior, and do nothing but a warhorse so wash your mouth out. 👄

Camden has never ever brought us to the clubs and doubt he ever will

Karen-W

and no, she’s not the female version of Camden. She doesn’t go to her Rolodex of warhorses, since she was a junior, and do nothing but a warhorse so wash your mouth out. 👄

Camden frequents a different sort of club - sometimes more jazzy or coffee bar in nature than the clubs you're most familiar with. ;)

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will

You gotta admit Exogenesis is pretty warhorsey. ;)

Jammers

Bradie was still coming back from injuries so relying on her to finish in the top 10 was almost wishful thinking.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

Bradie was still coming back from injuries so relying on her to finish in the top 10 was almost wishful thinking.

excusessssss!!!!

Amber finish third at US national so the expectation for US women to achieve three spots were mainly on Isabeau and Bradie. Her injuries didn’t hinder her becoming the US silver medalist almost US champion.

Karen-W

excusessssss!!!!

Amber finish third at US national so the expectation for US women to achieve three spots were mainly on Isabeau and Bradie. Her injuries didn’t hinder her becoming the US silver medalist almost US champion.
No, it is on the entire team to earn the placements necessary. Stop making excuses for your girl.

And before you give us the next sob story excuse of "it was her first Worlds..." Isabeau was also competing at her first Worlds and she managed to keep her head together well enough to finish 4th. It shouldn't have been unreasonable for either Amber or Bradie from finishing no lower than 9th - especially when they were 10th & 8th respectively after the SP.

But, then again, looking at Amber's score from Worlds... 188.33 - that's only a point below her SB this year and 11 points better than she scored here at Golden Spin, so maybe the takeaway should be that 190-ish is all we can reasonably expect her to score at any given competition. She might do better. She might do worse. :shuffle:

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

No, it is on the entire team to earn the placements necessary. Stop making excuses for your girl.

And before you give us the next sob story excuse of "it was her first Worlds..." Isabeau was also competing at her first Worlds and she managed to keep her head together well enough to finish 4th. It shouldn't have been unreasonable for either Amber or Bradie from finishing no lower than 9th - especially when they were 10th & 8th respectively after the SP.

But, then again, looking at Amber's score from Worlds... 188.33 - that's only a point below her SB this year and 11 points better than she scored here at Golden Spin, so maybe the takeaway should be that 190-ish is all we can reasonably expect her to score at any given competition. She might do better. She might do worse. :shuffle:

lolllll

and let’s analyze all the scores of your girl

And then, after that you can come clean my house

Karen-W

lolllll

and let’s analyze all the scores of your girl

And then, after that you can come clean my house
So, uhm, yeah... season score analysis there... Lindsay's lowest score is within .15 of your girl's highest score. Like I said earlier, the chances of my girl having a generous tech panel are greater than your girl going clean in both segments of the same competition.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

So, uhm, yeah... season score analysis there... Lindsay's lowest score is within .15 of your girl's highest score. Like I said earlier, the chances of my girl having a generous tech panel are greater than your girl going clean in both segments of the same competition.

no, not season best scores…. her Grand Prix’s of last season and ambers of last season and nationals last season of both

tah-dahhhhhh

💅🏼🕺🏼🎅🏼🎄💩

Karen-W

no, not season best scores…. her Grand Prix’s of last season and ambers of last season and nationals last season of both

tah-dahhhhhh

💅🏼🕺🏼🎅🏼🎄💩
LMAO. Last season when Lindsay was going through a very obvious growth spurt?

I mean, go ahead, live in the past if you must. I mean, it seems pretty clear that Lindsay has worked through that growth spurt far more effectively than Amber has worked through her mental focus issues based on the current season results which, thankfully, the USFS, rightly, places the most emphasis on when determining post-season assignments.

kosjenka

Pogorilaya’s fairy godmother
Amber should have won this event skating with a blindfold.

Best case scenario, she is done with bombing for this season, she does well at Nationals and is selected to go to Worlds.

There, I am being nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information