2025 ISU World Figure Skating Championships in Boston

Debbie S

In case helpful to anyone, a "buyer beware" FYI re Westin:

I did not see any mention of an extra $30/night destination fee for Westin, when making a booking there via the Worlds passkey.com link.

The Westin reservation later showed up in my Marriott Bonvoy account, where I can see the addition of the destination fee -- meaning that "Grand Total Charge" is a misnomer in the confirmation e-mail from "The Westin Copley Place Boston Team <[email protected]>". 😞
Thanks for the heads-up. I'm wondering if this is a Boston hotel/city charge, not just for the Westin. Anyone else (not at Westin) have that fee listed?

acraven

My Westin reservation doesn't show a destination fee, and one of the Boston reps in Columbus assured me they were negotiating away any destination fee the hotels usually charge. My Westin reservation isn't yet showing in my Bonvoy account, so I can't check there. I'm pretty confident there will only be the usual taxes, not extra fees.

sk9tingfan

My Westin reservation doesn't show a destination fee, and one of the Boston reps in Columbus assured me they were negotiating away any destination fee the hotels usually charge. My Westin reservation isn't yet showing in my Bonvoy account, so I can't check there. I'm pretty confident there will only be the usual taxes, not extra fees.
BTW, The Westin is a great place to stay. Great location near many restaurants and amenities. Accessibility to the T, etc.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
I ended up switching over to the Sheraton. It’s going to be completely renovated this year so it should be really nice. I stayed there for my very first Nationals in 2001 so lots of good memories!

Firedancer

For those booking at the Westin, were you able to get your Marriott Bonvoy account added to the reservation when booking through the worlds website?

Jarrett

Go Mirai!
Booked the Westin too. Looks like most of the others were sold out already. Hoping to be a higher status with all my upcoming work travel by then and maybe we will upgraded to a large room. One can dream lol

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
Booked the Westin too. Looks like most of the others were sold out already. Hoping to be a higher status with all my upcoming work travel by then and maybe we will upgraded to a large room. One can dream lol

Looks like the only one marked as sold out is the Residence Inn.

RD

Since I know bag policies are always a hot topic 😉, this is from the LOC's monthly update email which was just sent out:

"The TD Garden, the main venue for the 2025 Championships, recently announced a new bag policy for entry into the arena. The new policy states:

Small bags, clutches, crossbodies and wristlets are permitted. Bags should not exceed 6” x 4” x 1.5”. They do not need to be clear. Diaper bags, breast pumps and medically necessary bags are exempt from this rule, but will be subject to search."​
Just curious on this - is the camera policy going to be similar to 2016 or has that changed too?

Jarrett

Go Mirai!
Looks like the only one marked as sold out is the Residence Inn.
I went through the ones available last night and the ones I looked at didn’t have availability at the discounted rate. Maybe inventory is fluctuating. I wasn’t considering the $450 a night option because that is crazy for rooms that look like a holiday inn express.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
I have also obtained a hotel for the time being. It may change.

Has anyone who put in a ticket order since worlds ended heard back about seat assignments? I'm sure they are very busy, but also my anxiety is rising the longer I hear nothing although they definitely took my money lol

peibeck

Simply looking
I was able to book at the Westin this morning but it said the Sunday before the comps begin wasn't available, so I just booked Mon-Sun. But I was able to get a king single. Rooms with two beds were also available those dates, so maybe you just need to play with your arrival date if you're still considering that hotel. 🤷‍♂️ I plan on arriving either Saturday or Sunday, so I'll have to either change hotels or cancel the Westin later.

alizadavida

I have also obtained a hotel for the time being. It may change.

Has anyone who put in a ticket order since worlds ended heard back about seat assignments? I'm sure they are very busy, but also my anxiety is rising the longer I hear nothing although they definitely took my money lol
Bought tickets last weds at 9pm, got my ticket Thurs at noon (although my friend works at SCOB so I texted her which probably sped mine up)

Rukia

Bought tickets last weds at 9pm, got my ticket Thurs at noon (although my friend works at SCOB so I texted her which probably sped mine up)
hmmm ok well I do not have a friend to text but maybe I will email at least

Poptarts

hmmm ok well I do not have a friend to text but maybe I will email at least
I haven’t heard anything back yet! It’s making me nervous how much money I dropped and how I don’t have an email yet lol. I do know they told me it might take a bit for us to get emails since they are so small and not like Ticketmaster.

Rukia

I haven’t heard anything back yet! It’s making me nervous how much money I dropped and how I don’t have an email yet lol. I do know they told me it might take a bit for us to get emails since they are so small and not like Ticketmaster.
lol well at least I'm not alone. I went ahead and emailed them just to make sure everything is fine so we'll see if they even respond to that. I just need a little reassurance (also my daughter keeps bugging me about knowing where we'll be sitting).

peibeck

Simply looking
lol well at least I'm not alone. I went ahead and emailed them just to make sure everything is fine so we'll see if they even respond to that. I just need a little reassurance (also my daughter keeps bugging me about knowing where we'll be sitting).

Hopefully your daughter is as much a die hard fan as you. Those 10+ hour days of skating are both great and grueling!

ice coverage

I called the Westin and they confirmed that the destination fee is waived for anyone who books through the SCOB site.

Many thanks for for the good news, jkl!!!
I have amended my post above about the Westin.
My apologies to all for the inadvertent false alarm.

My friend was able to book the Wyndham. Whew!

I have no personal knowledge of the Wyndham, but FWIW, Tripadvisor and Yelp both have reports of mice in Wyndham Beacon Hill rooms in Mar 2024. The reports appear to be from different individuals. Especially on Yelp, other reviews also are quite unfavorable.

YukiNieve

I guess you are like me, ice coverage, who likes to read reviews on Yelp and TripAdvisor.😂
(With my job background I kind of can tell when reviews are extremely biased or skewed).
Although I don't know anything (good or bad) about that hotel you mentioned, I can tell The Lenox is quite highly rated and perhaps partly for that reason (and partly perhaps due to the capacity), it is already unavailable on the SCOB website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information