Music: Anytime Anywhere, Cry

SyTwW4+SyTwM4
CiStW3+CiStM3
Curve Lift 4 + Rotational Lift 4
OFTW3+OFTM3
Dance Spin 4
Choreo Character Step Sequence
Choreo Slide Move

This is the only team in the event that feels like a senior team. I don't know where they will slot into the US senior ranking, but it's probably a good thing for some of the current senior teams that they have another year of junior eligibility.

104.61 = 1st Place
177.09 = 1st Place

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
The FD results:

1​
Leah NESET / Artem MARKELOVUSA
104.61​
56.17​
48.44​
8.11​
8.07​
8.04​
0.00​
#6​
2​
Elizabeth TKACHENKO / Alexei KILIAKOVISR
100.64​
53.92​
46.72​
7.86​
7.82​
7.68​
0.00​
#5​
3​
Darya GRIMM / Michail SAVITSKIYGER
92.92​
48.42​
44.50​
7.46​
7.43​
7.36​
0.00​
#4​
4​
Celina FRADJI / Jean-Hans FOURNEAUXFRA
91.82​
47.68​
44.14​
7.46​
7.32​
7.29​
0.00​
#3​
5​
Yahli PEDERSEN / Jeffrey CHENUSA
90.27​
47.77​
42.50​
7.21​
7.11​
6.93​
0.00​
#1​
6​
Mariia PINCHUK / Mykyta POGORIELOVUKR
87.03​
45.81​
41.22​
6.86​
6.89​
6.86​
0.00​
#2​

Overall results:

1Leah NESET / Artem MARKELOV
USA.GIF
USA
2Elizabeth TKACHENKO / Alexei KILIAKOV
ISR.GIF
ISR
3Darya GRIMM / Michail SAVITSKIY
GER.GIF
GER
4Celina FRADJI / Jean-Hans FOURNEAUX
FRA.GIF
FRA
5Mariia PINCHUK / Mykyta POGORIELOV
UKR.GIF
UKR
6Yahli PEDERSEN / Jeffrey CHEN
USA.GIF
USA

Protocols: http://www.isuresults.com/results/s...OR----FNL-000100--_JudgesDetailsperSkater.pdf

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
No, and you know better. You watched the JGPs. You saw their falls. They were also competing in the two weakest fields on the JGP after the injury WDs of Kudryavtseva/Karankevich, Hauer/Starr (both Istanbul) and Carhart/Horovyi (Budapest). Their total score today is in the same range as they scored at their JGPs with falls in the FD at both.
It’s not just that they faced weaker fields. Their FD scores were suspiciously high for how they actually skated, especially at their first JGP where there were spacing issues throughout, not just the fall. But hey, they made it here, and had their best FD of the season so kudos to them.

Gris

不做奴才做公民
G/S - Most complex program, nice flow, not sure they have the intensity to match Carmen yet but overall I like this a lot.

T/K - They skated well but I continue to find this dance (and Alexei’s “muscular” costume) confusing. Not sure they should score that much better than G/S.

N/M - Most mature and confident presentation in this field. Well done!

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
To be honest, I have no idea what all the American dance teams will be doing next season.
Several junior teams age up...

Bland/Sperry - will get buried in the US senior ranks and be lucky to make Nats.
Carhart/Horovyi - also age out, apparently rumors are floating about a country switch, but no idea where they'd go (Ukraine?). They lost a lot of momentum being injured this fall so it's hard to say where they would slot in on the senior level domestically.
Pedersen/Chen - they need to start laying down some clean competitions, otherwise they'll find themselves stuck in the mid-tier of US senior teams, hoping to make top 10 and get a GP assignment but likely on the Challenger circuit.

The following all have one more season of junior eligibility:

Cui/Eckert
Hauer/Starr
Mullen/Mullen
Neset/Markelov
Peal/Peal

Karen-W

I meant in seniors. I think that the N/M will also be there next season
Hard to say. I think they probably will too, especially if they win Jr Worlds. They'll be competitive with teams like Bratti/Somerville, Pate/Bye, Wolfkostin/Tsarevski, and Flores/Desyatov, I'd think and likely help push McNamara/Spiridonov out of the top 10 (if that doesn't happen this season already).

Karen-W

Watching the medal ceremony (at the end of the Jr Men's FS) and Elizabeth Tkachenko started to put her hand on her heart when "The Star-Spangled Banner" began to play. Lmao! She quickly dropped her hand but funny nonetheless.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Leah needs to go back to both her old costumes immediately. Her new ones wash her out.

Colonel Green

🇺🇸 Pedersen/Chen - they finally get through this program without errors (because they moved the fall to the RD). This music edit uses a few lesser known selections, which is nice for a familiar property. Yahli is probably going to get dropped like a hot potato in the off-season unless something big changes, though.

🇺🇦 Pinchuk/Pogorielov - one hesitates to be too critical given the context, but they visibly have less technical skill than any of the other teams here. I like the choreographic transition between the two songs.

🇫🇷 Fradji/Fourneaux - too bad about the lift mistake. This program has some interesting choreographic moves and variations on often rote elements (e.g., dance spin).

🇩🇪 Grimm/Savitskiy - easily my favourite team at this event. They must be a bit frustrated after that surprise fifth at 2022 Junior Worlds that they keep getting passed by other teams, though this year they've at least made it onto the podium. Weirdo Carmen feels like something one of the French junior teams should have been doing.

🇮🇱 Tkachenko/Kiliakov - the free program definitely has more personality than their RD. If anyone has a chance at challenging Neset/Markelov with the judges, seems like it's them. Butwe'll see how they do.

🇺🇸 Neset/Markelov - as I've said, I don't particularly feel anything from these two, but they're good, and definitely in the driver's seat for this season (and have been from the jump).

Jammers

Watching the medal ceremony (at the end of the Jr Men's FS) and Elizabeth Tkachenko started to put her hand on her heart when "The Star-Spangled Banner" began to play. Lmao! She quickly dropped her hand but funny nonetheless.
Why was she doing that? isn't she representing Israel? Is she another transplanted american representing another country?

Jammers

Can't quite understand why Neset/Markelov are skating as Juniors again at Nationals they have nothing to gain with another Junior Title they are already Senior ready as the JGPF has shown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information