2023 Lake Placid Ice Dance Championships & International, July 31-Aug. 2

Sylvia

TBD
Starting a thread for both competitions even though there (again) doesn't seem to be an option to purchase a livestream to watch :(:
According to the schedule, Senior International Rhythm dance is nearly 3 hours long. Does anyone know how many teams are competing? That sounds like significantly longer than last year if I remember correctly.
According to USFS' Event Management System (EMS):

Senior International: 18
Senior NQS: 5
Junior International: 12
Junior NQS: 11
Novice NQS: 9
Intermediate NQS: 7
Juvenile NQS: 13

Event info page (combined schedule, Monday-Wednesday in 2 rinks, is linked on the right under OVERVIEW): https://lakeplacidolympiccenter.com/todo/lake-placid-ice-dance-championships-international/

ISU's event page for the international: https://www.isu.org/figure-skating/...acid-ice-dance-international?templateParam=11

The draw for the ISU Senior & Junior International starting orders will take place in the evening on Monday, July 31, 2023 at the Olympic Center.

I have yet to come across the National Qualifying Series/Solo Dance Series starting orders/results link - will post if/when I do.

ETA that Ice-Dance.com will be on site again :) so we will get lots of photos and "Anne's Take": https://www.instagram.com/p/CvMK_gpgo0k/

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
LPID INTERNATIONAL ATHLETES (now linked from the event page): https://lakeplacidolympiccenter.com/todo/lake-placid-ice-dance-championships-international/

Participating athletes in the Lake Placid Ice Dance International portion of our event.

SENIOR
Adrienne CARHART/Oleksandr KOLOSOVSKIY AZE
Samantha RITTER/Daniel BRYKALOV AZE
Livvy SHILLING/Leo BAETEN BEL
Nadiia BASHYNSKA/Peter BEAUMONT CAN
Sandrine GAUTHIER/Quentin THIEREN CAN
Lily HENSEN/Nathaniel LICKERS CAN
Molly LANAGHAN/Dmitre RAZGULAJEVS CAN
Alyssa ROBINSON/Jacob PORTZ CAN
Diana DAVIS/Gleb SMOLKIN GEO
Mariia NOSOVITSKAYA/Michael NOSOVITSKY ISR
Elizabeth TKACHENKO/Alexei KILIAKOV ISR
Leia DOZZI/Pietro PAPETTI ITA
Zoe LARSON/Andrii KAPRAN UKR
Oona BROWN/Gage BROWN USA
Angela LING/Caleb WEIN USA
Lorraine McNAMARA/Anton SPIRIDONOV USA
Eva PATE/Logan BYE USA
Emilea ZINGAS/Vadym KOLESNIK USA

JUNIOR
Catharina GUEDES TIBAU/Cayden DAWSON BRA
Charlotte CHUNG/Axel MacKENZIE CAN
Emma GOODSTADT/Christian BENNETT CAN
Sophia GOVER/Billy WILSON-FRENCH CAN
Alisa KORNEVA/Kieran MacDONALD CAN
Harlow STANLEY/Nikita SOSNENKO MEX
Kristina BLAND/Matthew SPERRY USA
Helena CARHART/Volodymyr HOROVYI USA
Anya LAVROVA/Jonathan ROGERS USA
Caroline MULLEN/Brendan MULLEN USA
Leah NESET/Artem MARKELOV USA
Elliana PEAL/Ethan PEAL USA

Stephanie

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Kinda wish Pedersen/Chen were in the international to have a more direct comparison with some of the other top teams, but kudos to them in the domestic event!

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Kinda wish Pedersen/Chen were in the international to have a more direct comparison with some of the other top teams, but kudos to them in the domestic event!
Especially since there was a WD from the original list of 11 teams, so the international event is down to 10 teams.

Also, are we getting live results for that or at the mercy of waiting until the event is over for scores?

ETA - it would seem that LPIDI didn't spring for the live updating version of WedgieData.

Last edited:

Karen-W

The scores website is bugging out with flashing text at the moment so hopefully they’re working on fixing it before seniors.
LOL - right now it's saying 5 Kristina Bland/Matthew Sperry 2:20pm - so, yes, it would seem they're trying to fix it.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Any update on the international RDs, Jrs and Srs? No updates on my scoreboards.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Okay, here we go. In juniors:

1​
Leah NESET / Artem MARKELOVUSA
63.99​
35.89​
28.10​
7.00​
7.13​
7.00​
0.00​
#10​
2​
Elliana PEAL / Ethan PEALUSA
59.88​
32.95​
26.93​
6.81​
6.88​
6.56​
0.00​
#8​
3​
Helena CARHART / Volodymyr HOROVYIUSA
57.27​
32.26​
25.01​
6.31​
6.25​
6.25​
0.00​
#1​
4​
Caroline MULLEN / Brendan MULLENUSA
56.97​
32.14​
25.83​
6.56​
6.56​
6.31​
1.00​
#4​
5​
Harlow STANLEY / Nikita SOSNENKOMEX
54.05​
31.36​
23.69​
6.00​
6.00​
5.81​
1.00​
#9​
6​
Emma GOODSTADT / Christian BENNETTCAN
50.41​
28.21​
23.20​
5.75​
5.81​
5.88​
1.00​
#6​
7​
Sophia GOVER / Billy WILSON-FRENCHCAN
47.49​
24.04​
23.45​
5.94​
5.81​
5.88​
0.00​
#7​
8​
Charlotte CHUNG / Axel MACKENZIECAN
46.96​
24.94​
22.02​
5.56​
5.56​
5.44​
0.00​
#2​
9​
Kristina BLAND / Matthew SPERRYUSA
45.58​
23.69​
21.89​
5.63​
5.44​
5.38​
0.00​
#5​
10​
Catharina GUEDES TIBAU / Cayden DAWSONBRA
37.49​
20.38​
17.11​
4.31​
4.31​
4.25​
0.00​
#11​
WD​
Anya LAVROVA / Jonathan ROGERSUSA
#3​

Dobre

Bland & Sperry have only 45.58.

If the following U.S. teams make the JGP:
Neset & Markelov, Hauer & Starr, Carhart & Horovyi, the Peals, Pedersen & Chen, & Lavrova & Rogers (who withdrew here, but had a pretty solid score in Dallas), there's a good chance there will be room for at least one more team. Right now Cui & Eckert (52.42) and Ilin & Cain (51.21) are apart by about 1.2 in this event so worth watching, I think. Calhoun & Veselukhin had a 47.67 in Dallas.

Karen-W

Bland & Sperry have only 45.58.

If the following U.S. teams make the JGP:
Neset & Markelov, Hauer & Starr, Carhart & Horovyi, the Peals, Pedersen & Chen, & Lavrova & Rogers (who withdrew here, but had a pretty solid score in Dallas), there's a good chance there will be room for at least one more team. Right now Cui & Eckert (52.42) and Ilin & Cain (51.21) are apart by about 1.2 in this event so worth watching, I think. Calhoun & Veselukhin had a 47.67 in Dallas.
Bland also missed her twizzles. If they can bounce back in the FD, I think they'll probably still get a JGP assignment.

Dobre

Bland also missed her twizzles. If they can bounce back in the FD, I think they'll probably still get a JGP assignment.
Their FD score is worth watching also. They'll have to make up over 5 points, though, just to catch Ilin & Cain. It's not the same event, of course; but this is the only one B&S have entered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information