2023 Nepela Memorial - Women's SP & FS

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Kurakova
3z eu 3f
I love this combo so much - so ridiculous hard
3s
3t
3f2t
3l 2a
3l<
2a
to my naked eye, most rotations looked good
It is good that she is branching out but I miss my sunshine dosis

strong skate, should go into the lead
both 3F are marked !

solo 3lo marked q

I miss our little miss sunshine too - I feel like this FS is just too heavy.

64.96 TES+59.15 PCS = 124.11

181.98 overall - good score!

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
And why am I the only one with buffering problems. Our WiFi is fine on everything else.

Karen-W

Young You - this dress is ugly. It looks like they took the brown/beige/gold top of one dress and attached a millennial pink/wine skirt to it. Oh, and to be sure, the top is blinged to the max.

Hedwig

Antique member
Young You

3z2t
3z
3l
3s2a
3f2t2l
3s
2a

apart from missing the 3-3 at the beginning and only doing a double, this was clean
boring, but clean

Karen-W

Hmmm - tech panel has invalidated her 2nd to last spin!

Karen-W

this app is really cool and you see skaters and coaches looking at it as well - is it the first time that it is in use?
I dunno, but I would love to have the ISU use this for all the JGPs, GPs and Challengers. It's great!

60.71 TES + 58.21 PCS = 117.92

181.80 overall - falls behind Kurakova

Hedwig

Antique member
Haein Lee
3f 2a very confident start
3z3t both jumps second foot touched down
2l
3s
3z2t2l
3f
2a
this program is a snooze but overall she looks much sharper and better trained than Young You
last step sequence finally has some interesting choreo

Karen-W

Haein - dress is... interesting. The skirt is a minty/sage green that ombres into a chocolate-y brown around the torso and then back to the green for the upper bodice. There are white/cream cords wrapped around the torso and an almost halter-style neckline - hard to describe - the shoulders are bare, and then the sleeves are the minty/sage green down to about 3/4 where they ombre into the chocolate-y brown again - oh, and the sleeves are bell-shaped.

I actually don't hate this dress, the more I look at it.

Karen-W

Haein's getting dinged by the tech panel so far...

3f!
3Lz q+3t <<

2nd 3f also !

61.88 TES + 63.14 PCS = 125.02

191.10 overall

Hedwig

Antique member
Haein Lee
3f 2a very confident start
3z3t both jumps second foot touched down
2l
3s
3z2t2l
3f
2a
this program is a snooze but overall she looks much sharper and better trained than Young You
last step sequence finally has some interesting choreo
3f!
3z q 3t<<
3f!

Who would have guessed that Kurakova would have lesser downgrades than Lee? Miss Sunshine seems on the right track!

Karen-W

Schizas dress - gorgeous light turquoise - music is Summertime - halter style neck that is jeweled with large stones, same large stoning effect on one hip.

Colonel Green

Not generally a big fan of "Summertime" as skating music and I've always been a bit confused as to why it's such a staple, but Maddie's program makes pretty good use of it.

A couple of stumbles, but no pops or falls, and she landed her nemesis triple flip, so this is a positive start to the season proper. Not sure it's enough to stay on the podium, though she had almost 10 points on Kurakova so maybe.

Karen-W

You're not. This feed is such a mess, it's making me not want to pay for any Challengers in future.
I'm not having any problems and haven't had any problems with the feed yesterday or today so far.

Apart from Day 1 of Lombardia, Solidsport has had no issues for me.

Hedwig

Antique member
I just can’t appreciate Schizas. I don’t know if it’s the shoulders or the jerky movement but she just doesn’t impress me.
same here but I don't know why either - I think it is her fake facial impression during the skate

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information