2024 Challenge Cup - Feb 22-25 - Tilburg NED

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Les Kovs - I hate this Mummy program. Or whatever it is. Their programs are always WTF in a non-voidy way.

3tw, throw 3f, and she doubled the SBS 3t... lift is fine. Should easily lead even with the 2t.

ETA - what the hell is that tassel on the back of his shirt? Or maybe his shirt ripped? Oh, no, it's like a triangular flap going from one shoulder to the midriff on the other side of his torso that ombre from black to gold. It's effing distracting. But I suppose anything is better than those neon yellow animal print outfits they had last season.

Ha 52.95 - they're behind Schaller/Mayr. Maybe MarBed will medal after all...

Karen-W

Martins/Bedard - she is very smiley. 3tw - she lands almost over him, SBS 3s, good lift today! throw 3s - looked good, L4 DS - this should get them the Worlds SP TES min they need, and it should easily lead. I've said that before though...

ETA - 29.35 TES

54.56 overall

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Martins/Bedard - she is very smiley. 3tw - she lands almost over him, SBS 3s, good lift today! throw 3s - looked good, L4 DS - this should get them the Worlds SP TES min they need, and it should easily lead. I've said that before though...

YASSSSSSSSS GO GO GOOOOOOO

Karen-W

ConMac - new dress for Sara - red that ombres to black at the bust line with some stones around the neck and down the front center - bare open back - it looks like something Deanna would wear.

She fell on the SBS 3s, good 3tw and throw 3lo before that. The rest was fine. Hopefully they can figure out their issues and skate clean at Worlds or Italy might not gain that 3rd spot they need.

ETA - 64.37

Last edited:

Karen-W

Hmmmm that seems low for the technical content you described. Did they not get the minimum?
They got the min, which is 29.00 - I suspect there was at least a < on the throw - it looked good-ish but the camera angle wasn't the best. And his landing on the SBS 3s wasn't the best. Plus, their twist was serviceable but not getting much GOE.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
They got the min, which is 29.00 - I suspect there was at least a < on the throw - it looked good-ish but the camera angle wasn't the best. And his landing on the SBS 3s wasn't the best. Plus, their twist was serviceable but not getting much GOE.

Thank you.

Karen-W

BecGuar - nice 3tw, SBS 3t - clean!, throw 3lo - she's down. Yeah, I will be kinda surprised if Italy earns a 3rd spot for Worlds next year.

So, no clean programs today - but at least the lifts in the 2nd group were all decent.

ETA - 62.22 overall

Karen-W

Pairs SP - https://www.knsbfigureskatingresult...------QUAL000100--_JudgesDetailsperSkater.pdf
Pl. NameNationTSS
=
TES
+
PCS
+
COPRSKDed.
-
StN.
1​
Sara CONTI / Niccolo MACIIITA
64.37​
34.78​
30.59​
7.50​
7.85​
7.65​
1.00​
#7​
2​
Lucrezia BECCARI / Matteo GUARISEITA
62.22​
33.83​
30.39​
7.70​
7.50​
7.65​
2.00​
#8​
3​
Isabelle MARTINS / Ryan BEDARDUSA
54.56​
29.35​
25.21​
6.30​
6.35​
6.30​
0.00​
#6​
4​
Sophia SCHALLER / Livio MAYRAUT
53.29​
29.75​
23.54​
5.75​
6.00​
5.95​
0.00​
#1​
5​
Camille KOVALEV / Pavel KOVALEVFRA
52.95​
28.42​
25.53​
6.65​
6.40​
6.15​
1.00​
#5​
6​
Yuna NAGAOKA / Sumitada MORIGUCHIJPN
51.98​
26.17​
25.81​
6.30​
6.35​
6.75​
0.00​
#4​
7​
Barbora KUCIANOVA / Martin BIDARCZE
50.11​
26.90​
23.21​
5.95​
5.60​
5.90​
0.00​
#2​
8​
Greta CRAFOORD / John CRAFOORDSWE
43.32​
23.24​
20.08​
5.25​
4.80​
5.05​
0.00​
#3​

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
This is from GoldenSkate on Twitter:

"Update on the Italian Pairs team for Worlds: European Champions Lucrezia Beccari and Matteo Guarise have guaranteed their spot by winning Europeans. Lucrezia stated that she is super excited for her first Worlds. The goal is to break the 200 points and enjoy the competition. Upcoming Monday the Italian Federation will decide about the second entry. #ChallengeCup"

Did we know this? I thought this competition was a skate-off to determine which 2 out of B/G, G/A, and C/M would go!

skatingguy

decently
This is from GoldenSkate on Twitter:

"Update on the Italian Pairs team for Worlds: European Champions Lucrezia Beccari and Matteo Guarise have guaranteed their spot by winning Europeans. Lucrezia stated that she is super excited for her first Worlds. The goal is to break the 200 points and enjoy the competition. Upcoming Monday the Italian Federation will decide about the second entry. #ChallengeCup"

Did we know this? I thought this competition was a skate-off to determine which 2 out of B/G, G/A, and C/M would go!
I don't think we knew that Beccari/Guarise were guaranteed a spot based on winning Europeans, but it's not surprising. It's really unfortunate that either the European Silver Medalists, or the Grand Prix Final Silver Medalists will not be at Worlds.

Karen-W

I don't think we knew that Beccari/Guarise were guaranteed a spot based on winning Europeans, but it's not surprising. It's really unfortunate that either the European Silver Medalists, or the Grand Prix Final Silver Medalists will not be at Worlds.
It was discussed in the Italian news thread - Italy decides Worlds by a points system and even before Euros ConMac had an insurmountable lead. BecGuar and GhiAmbro were very close and the Euros win put BecGuar into the lead.

BTW - GhiAmbro are Euros BRONZE medalists this year. ;)

Wyliefan

Carmen for Kiibus. Dark low-cut dress with glittery gold trim; looks like she's trying to do the Sexy Halloween version of Don Jose's uniform. Rough skate with popping, turnouts, and two-foots. Good speed, but she looks wiped out at the end.

Technical issues, so there's a scoring delay. Whatever's going on in Merano is contagious!

Karen-W

Just woke up in time to see Eva-Lotta's score and snapped a picture of the standings...

Kiibus 155.07
Pesch 128.37
Schaller 124.03
Klotz 109.56

Niina is definitely struggling with her 2a since coming back from her injury. I don't think she's landed one - singling them or falling - in both programs this week and at Tallink Hotels Cup last week.

Wyliefan

Petrokina into first with 110.61, total 162.18. They're "restarting the system" because of the technical issues.

Wyliefan

Pop city for Ounasvouri. 1A-3T to start and then three doubles afterward.

I like Sarah Brightman, always have, but "Nessun Dorma" isn't for her.

Wyliefan

Pezzetta -- huge 3 lutz, huge fall. :wuzrobbed Double loop. Double flip. Finally started getting back on track, but there'll be no moving up for her. Crap. Poor girl.

The crowd was nice and supportive, bless them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information