2024 Challenge Cup - Feb 22-25 - Tilburg NED

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
111.44 free, 167.63 total (I think? The announcer said .663. :lol:). Easily into 1st.

Wyliefan

Schild -- I can't get over this program with a pretty purple dress and a woman with a soft voice singing, "Hell to the liars." :lol: Got her 3 lutz-3 toe off at the start. Slow, but mostly clean -- just one bad landing, on the 3S. All level 4s. She's really happy with that.

Last edited:

Wyliefan

FPl.NameNationPointsSPFS
1Kaori SAKAMOTO
JPN.GIF
JPN
2Yuna AOKI
JPN.GIF
JPN
3Lorine SCHILD
FRA.GIF
FRA
4Ekaterina KURAKOVA
POL.GIF
POL
5Niina PETROKINA
EST.GIF
EST
6Eva-Lotta KIIBUS
EST.GIF
EST
7Oona OUNASVUORI
FIN.GIF
FIN
8Anna PEZZETTA
ITA.GIF
ITA
9Sarah Marie PESCH
GER.GIF
GER
10Flora Marie SCHALLER
AUT.GIF
AUT
11Natalie KLOTZ
AUT.GIF
AUT
WDNina PINZARRONE
BEL.GIF
BEL

Free skate protocols: https://knsbfigureskatingresults.nl...------FNL-000100--_JudgesDetailsperSkater.pdf

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Anyone else wanna bet that the Brit junior pairs team FS music is from "The Greatest Showman" just based on their costumes?

ETA - nope, Austin Powers, lol.

OMG - this is so cute! These two have no small amount of charisma!

Last edited:

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Katya is so tired of finishing fourth.
Well, if you’re having a hard time getting and staying above 180, 4th or worse is where you’ll be. Heck, 167 is bupkas in most of the comps in the last 15 years.

Karen-W

Crafoords - well, John stood up the 2a+1eu+2f sequence, but his landings were sketch. Okay throw 3lo and throw 3s - she was pitching forward on both landings but held on. SBS 2f? Come on, Greta & John - why try for something as hard as 2f when you could go for a 2s and be a part of the cool kids club?

Wyliefan

Did these two SLOW DOWN the emo "Wicked Games"? I can feel myself aging while they skate.

Karen-W

Kucianova/Bidar desperately need to upgrade their twist to a triple. SBS3t+1a+1a. Oh, look at that SBS 2s!!!throw 3f - she almost put a hand down but I think she was okay. She has a really nice, straight back in the air on the lifts. Also, they probably need a 2nd throw triple. Aborted lift. Last lift was fine enough. This CarPon tribute desperately needed a WTF dance break/choreo sequence.

Karen-W

Nagaoka/Moriguchi - another team that needs to upgrade the twist to a triple. SBS 3lo+2a+2a, good lift, nice throw 3lo, she two-footed and UR the SBS 3z, throw 3s was really good.

So, this team does have potential once they get the 3tw but we need to keep them FAR AWAY from Julie Marcotte's CD collection. They can still train in Oakville but I might gouge my eyes and ears out if they go the bland route like MiuKih.

Belsornia

I bite because I like it
:yikes: Sketchy moments on two of the lifts and he has the look of doom on the third but Nagaoka/Moriguchi really are a cut above in skating skills and hit some beautiful positions. And I like the music choice and super sparkly costumes. I’m excited to see them when they’ve had more time to develop their pairs skills.

Karen-W

Les Kovs - element tracker is gone. Watch they'll delay the 2nd group so they can restart the system again. Oh, there it is! SBS 2s! SBS 3t+2t+1a was nice. Good throw 3f. This choreo sequence is so lame. Good throw 3s. Nice lift at the end.

Karen-W

Schaller/Mayr - good SBS 3T+2A+2A. Then he falls on the SBS 3S. They, like the Crafoords, will be lucky to make it to the FS at Worlds. Fall on the throw 3f. Throw 3s - might have 2-footed it.

I'm so glad pairs only has 4 teams per flight. I desperately want to go back to sleep - and this snoozy music is not helping!

ETA - standings so far -

Les Kovs 165.65
SchaMayr 158.46
NagaMori 158.44
KucBid 138.82
Crafoords 138.24

Karen-W

MarBed - they need to get that 3tw fixed - it is way too crashy every time and they get neg GOE. Fine on the SBS jumps. Throw 3s was good too. Hand down and two-foot landing on thr throw 3lo. Lifts were okay today.

ETA - 161.00 - and they're behind Les Kovs.

Karen-W

BecGuar - hand down from Matteo on the 2a in their SBS 3T+2A. SBS 2S - where is @airgelaal today? So many of her beloved SBS 2Ss from these teams!!!! Throw 3lo - decent. Yikes - that 2nd lift has issues going up and they brought it down early - base level call. Throw 3s - clean. Last lift was fine. They're still going to be in 1st after this because their overall quality is sooooo much better than Les Kovs.

ETA - 175.41

Wyliefan

Bec/Guar join the 2S club with a pop from her. Their combo was good (though he pitched forward a little on the landing -- oh, didn't see the hand down). She bends low on the first throw but lands it. Something went wrong with the second lift -- she didn't crash land, but it got base level. Clean second throw. Door open for C/M. She looks crestfallen, he seems to be trying to comfort her.

Karen-W

That 2nd lift - they seemed to have an issue with their hand grasp as it went up and couldn't quite fix it as he was rotating so they brought it down without any changes of position from her or a difficult exit.

Wyliefan

Thanks. I'm watching on my phone, which makes it easier to enlarge the tracker and see levels, but the tradeoff is that I don't have as good a view of elements. :lol:

Karen-W

ConMac - 3tw fine, SBS 3t+2a+2a - bit pitchy in the landings but okay. SBS 3s - fine-ish - his landing was eh. Two-foot landing on the throw 3lo. She's got some purple tape on the back right calf. Throw 3s - clean. Lifts were all solid. This will easily win and should seal whatever discussion there was behind the scenes with the FISG about sending them to Worlds.

ETA - 197.82

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information