2025 ISU World Figure Skating Championships in Boston

kiss-n-cry

Team Brown
Just saw a post that there will be a pre-sale for Friends of Figure Skating "supporters." Not sure I want (or need) to shell out an additional $125 to purchase an already expensive ticket. And with the system they are using, where someone contacts you individually, would a pre-sale just put you ahead in line?

Edited to add: The post doesn't specifically call it a pre-sale. It says to join for "early access" to tickets.

Last edited:

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
Qualifying rounds are back? Uggh!
It's sort of like Olympic qualifying, where some get automatic spots based on the prior year's Worlds (Direct Entries), up to 24 for singles, 20 for Dance, 16 for Pairs, and others have to skate the Quali Round for the remainder of the spots in the RD/SP, which for 2024-25 are up to two extra flights worth for each discipline, ie 12 for singles, ten for Dance, and eight for Pairs, if there are enough qualified skaters/teams.

There are some other adjustments built in to move spots around, but that's the gist of it.

ETA: It should be more exciting than qualis used to be, and certainly shorter, with a max of 30 in singles, 16 in Pairs, and 20 in Ice Dance, instead of the whole field, when the top- and middle-tier skaters could phone it in. This is more like the Olympic qualifier, without the few who aren't trying to earn a spot, and only teams who are fighting for spots will compete.

Last edited:

YukiNieve

From Q and A:
Many spectators appreciate the personal touch when speaking with a representative from the Local Organizing Committee to whom they can ask questions.

So the LOC will sell the tickets via phone conversations, which is a nice feature for us in the US, but it will be quite a challenge for those living overseas to get in touch with the LOC in a timely manner to get the tickets they want.

When purchasing your ticket(s), you will be asked to provide your top two choices for seat selections.
Do the choices mean the seat numbers or rows/sections?

Last edited:

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
I hope they email rather than call to confirm ticket selections because if I’m on a work call or at an appointment I can discreetly answer an email. Not so much with a phone call.

acraven

The Boston LOC folks have, historically, actually negotiated good hotel (by local standards) rates for fans. Unlike many other LOCs.

Edited to add: Does anyone care to speculate why the officials are going to be in Sections 1, 2 and 21 rather than in 1, 2 and 22? Section 22 is next to Section 1.

Last edited:

acraven

I've been doing some preliminary research on hotels. The three room taxes in Boston add up to about 16.5%, pretty painful on top of the high rates. Be sure you check all the financial details, because I've already uncovered three hotels charging either a resort fee or a "service fee". They all fell in the $25-$30 per night range.

Carolla5501

So last time I really wanted Club... but it never was actually an option. The LOC contact finally called me just before they released everything to Ticketmaster and said "we may never know" so I went with my normal end tickets. (Considering pricing I will probably go with end loge this time no matter what)

For those of you 'panicking' over hotels.. No everything you are looking at is NOT sold out.. it's not released yet. You probably won't see most options until 2024 Most hotel chains don't load more than about a year in advance. (I am saving my marriott reward points for this one because Boston is $$$)

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
I don't know if it's inflation fatigue or what, but I'm pleasantly surprised that there are all event tickets for $500 or less. That's a great arena with very few bad seats.

Perhaps we can put some tents in Boston Garden to save on expenses, lol?

YukiNieve

OK, this is quite confusing, lol.
  • Discount code does not work.
  • You can choose any row regardless of which level you select.
  • You can choose the level of section for exhibition that is different from the seat you chose for the competition (I guess they can be the same but do not need to be the same???)
  • You can only specify 1 seat preference even though the instruction says "choose your two top options."

Last edited:

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
OK, this is quite confusing, lol.
  • Discount code does not work.
  • You can choose any row regardless of which level you select.
  • You can choose the level of section for exhibition that is different from the seat you chose for the competition (I guess they can be the same but do not need to be the same???)
So you got an email? Several of us still have nothing.

AnnM

Are there any included perks associated with club seating at TD Garden?

acraven

I poked around on the TD Garden website a few days ago. I think there's a restaurant open only to Club Seat ticket holders. There was also something about when you could get into the arena (I guess there's a special door), but I doubt the latter will be very meaningful during Worlds, since there will be practices filling some of the time between competitive segments (just speculation on my part).

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
Wow this thread is getting more action than the next worlds in five months in Montreal lol

Spikefan

Are there any included perks associated with club seating at TD Garden?
I looked at a Bruins site and Club Level gets special entrance, seats are more cushioned, separate food stands and bathrooms which have shorter lines. You can also order food from your seat and have it delivered but who knows if that would be offered at Worlds. The food is supposedly the same price as the rest of the arena.

emilieh

I looked at a Bruins site and Club Level gets special entrance, seats are more cushioned, separate food stands and bathrooms which have shorter lines. You can also order food from your seat and have it delivered but who knows if that would be offered at Worlds. The food is supposedly the same price as the rest of the arena.

I ate on the club level several times during 2016 Worlds, between sessions. I was working the event and had access to the level. And the regular concourse food stands closed during the breaks, but the club level stayed open. It was very convenient, I'd have gone all day without eating a meal otherwise!

alizadavida

Sitting at club seats at TD garden for Disney on Ice just gets you a private entrance and the seats are a little better but nothing else!

Carolla5501

So I’m assuming the emails are for people who have forked over the money to join the friends of figure skating. I’m currently not a member for a variety of reasons so I’ll have to wait until the general sale.

Spikefan

They were for FOFS, $125 and up donors. However, if you sign up for emails from SCOB you can purchase advance tickets 11/15. Link to sign up is in post 1.

There is a $10 all-event ticket fee, so just a heads up on that. However, that is going to be cheaper than TM fees.

Carolla5501

They were for FOFS, $125 and up donors. However, if you sign up for emails from SCOB you can purchase advance tickets 11/15. Link to sign up is in post 1.

There is a $10 all-event ticket fee, so just a heads up on that. However, that is going to be cheaper than TM fees.
Thanks!
I’ve signed up for the skating club of Boston newsletter so I should be OK there.

I think you’re right the $10 fee will certainly be cheaper than what Ticketmaster is going to charge.😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information