2025 ISU World Figure Skating Championships in Boston

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
I received an email offering alternate seats so I'm in the process of playing email tag with them. I had selected Sec 20 which is clearly partly red ($950) on the map, but they updated the site today to state that all of Sec 20 is $1600. That would have been nice to know yesterday.

acraven

Just looking at the diagram, I bet there are other affected sections (3 and 10, at least).

YukiNieve

Then told me that they'd call and they have not.
I cannot take calls when I am at work.
This is SO frustrating.

If they do not have enough man-power (I am sure they don't), I will not blame them but let just modern technology (online order) do the job.

TanithandBenFan

Then told me that they'd call and they have not.
I cannot take calls when I am at work.
This is SO frustrating.

If they do not have enough man-power (I am sure they don't), I will not blame them but let just modern technology (online order) do the job.
Have you received any email communication from them? I tried calling but just keep getting voicemail.

YukiNieve

Have you received any email communication from them? I tried calling but just keep getting voicemail.
They sent me an email saying that they will call me.
And yes I called and only got the voicemail.

I had selected Sec 20 which is clearly partly red ($950) on the map, but they updated the site today to state that all of Sec 20 is $1600.
I still see Sec 20 as red on their website - where do you see the updated one?

Last edited:

YukiNieve

I got an email AND a phone call this morning that I got my first choice in seats for Boston Worlds! 🥰
Now to book my airfare to Montreal.
Good for you! Did you order platinum seats? My friend who ordered platinum seats got a call on the day she placed the order.

TanithandBenFan

They sent me an email saying that they will call me.
And yes I called and only got the voicemail.

I still see Sec 20 as red on their website - where do you see the updated one?
There is very small print under the price chart on the Tickets page that says Sec 20 is a center section.

Sounds like the folks paying the big bucks get more advanced communication :bribe:

I really wish they'd confirm they received my reply yesterday.

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
I did premium level and got confirmation that my ticket order is placed with seat info a few hours ago. I did send an e-mail yesterday explaining that I wanted an aisle seat and that was difficult to determine on the chart or order form. I did get an aisle seat and am very thankful since the event is so long. No one had to call me and that’s probably because of my e-mail yesterday.

I know @jkl and I communicated with the same person so I would guess they have very few people working on this. If they are trying to contact you I am sure they are working on it and trying to get you what you want. You might also want to send an e-mail with a general idea of what you are hoping to get like I did- include your reference #. The order form did not allow for clear communication in regards to that.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
I figure I will have bread, peanut butter and boxed wine in my room to offset ticket/hotel prices. All are welcome. :rofl:

Party!!!! :40beers::rockstar:
The website lists five hotels that will have special rates for the championships. I sure hope they will be reasonable--hotel rates in Boston are murder! As a last resort back-up, I have reserved a Private Ensuite room at HI Boston.

I've stayed there, in the private ensuites, and I highly recommend it. It's very welcoming and clean, and excellent value for the price.

acraven

I ordered Premium Loge and received a confirmation (no previous phone call) at 1:15 PM today (Wednesday). The best I can tell, they put me nearly right across the aisle from the seats I selected and never expected to get, so I am happy despite not having had a chance to discuss details. I am assuming the seats are numbered around the rink in the traditional way (left to right as you stand at center ice), the same way the sections are numbered.

This is the boilerplate text of the email [emphasis mine]

# # #

Thank you for purchasing three All-Event tickets to the ISU World Figure Skating Championships® 2025 in Boston. Please review your order below. You have ten (10) business days from the date of this email to request a one-time change in your seat location.

Please note seats have been assigned based on your indicated preferences at the time of submission. All tickets were processed in the order in which they were day and time-stamped. Please note that seat assignments were made for event sponsors, the International Skating Union, and U.S. Figure Skating before being opened to the general public.

Instructions on how to access your All-Event tickets, which will include your practice pass, will be sent to you via email at the beginning of next year.

If you did not purchase a ticket for the Exhibition of Champions, you will have the opportunity to purchase those tickets in late 2024 through ticketmaster.com. To keep up to date with Worlds 2025 news, please register at www.isuworlds2025.com/mailing-list to receive updates on future ticket on sales dates, hotels' special rates, competition schedules and other important event information.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Local Organizing Committee (“LOC”) at [email protected] or by phone at 781-352-0708. The LOC offices are open Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. All inquiries will be answered in the order they are received.

Thank you again for your purchase and we look forward to seeing you in Boston in March 2025.

# # #

acraven

That turned out to be a worthwhile $125 this year, because the 10% discount for the Premier Loge seats saved $165. We've never been given a discount before for either Nationals or Worlds, just the ability to order tickets early. Ticket discounts are not one of the benefits listed for FOFS membership.

I'm not a tax accountant or lawyer, but I assume the ticket discount, if utilized, makes the FOFS membership fee not tax-deductible. (I've never thought to deduct it anyway.)

Spikefan

Yes, the discount is above your donation (plus the magazine, etc.) so not deductible. But you also have to itemize now to deduct donations. To make it worthwhile a single person’s donation total needs to be $12,950 and couple $25,900.

Carolla5501

Yes, the discount is above your donation (plus the magazine, etc.) so not deductible. But you also have to itemize now to deduct donations. To make it worthwhile a single person’s donation total needs to be $12,950 and couple $25,900.
Well, most of us have other things that we itemize, in addition to our donations

beebee

Total Itemized Deductions, not Charitable Contributions, need to exceed the above amounts.

A deductible contribution to a qualified exempt organization is made without expectation of a substantial benefit. I think a case can be made for deducting the $125. It's hardly worth debating such a small amount but I wanted to correct the misinformation

beebee

That turned out to be a worthwhile $125 this year, because the 10% discount for the Premier Loge seats saved $165. We've never been given a discount before for either Nationals or Worlds, just the ability to order tickets early. Ticket discounts are not one of the benefits listed for FOFS membership.

I'm not a tax accountant or lawyer, but I assume the ticket discount, if utilized, makes the FOFS membership fee not tax-deductible. (I've never thought to deduct it anyway.)
Did you get the 10% discount on all three tickets you ordered or just one of them? It's a good discount for one ticket--for all three even better!

Last edited:

Spikefan

Total Itemized Deductions, not Charitable Contributions, need to exceed the above amounts.

A deductible contribution to a qualified exempt organization is made without expectation of a substantial benefit. I think a case can be made for deducting the $125. It's hardly worth debating such a small amount but I wanted to correct the misinformation
When you donate to FOFS it mentions that you are getting some benefits and that would be deducted, they do not give the amount. I also donate to Music Maker Foundation and get some free downloads a year and they tell me how much I can actually deduct. Why risk it for $125 is my point.

Last edited:

TanithandBenFan

When you donate to FOFS it mentions that you are getting some benefits and that would be deducted, they do not give the amount. I also donate to Music Maker Foundation and get some free downloads a year and they tell me how much I can actually deduct. Why risk it for $125 is my point.
I think the thank you letter I got from FOFS had the benefit value breakdown on it. I threw it away since I don’t itemize.

Rhumba d’Amour

A question for those who have already ordered tickets. Was an installment payment plan offered, as in past years?

Also, was your credit card charged as soon as you put your order in, or did that happen only after your seat(s) were assigned through that follow up process?

Just wondering how this all might work once the regular sale process begins next week. Thanks!

acraven

I'm sorry, I don't remember one way or the other about a payment plan; it may have been mentioned.

The charge hit my account on the day I ordered (Monday, November 6).

I just walked through the first part of the purchase process again and found something I didn't see on Monday--an extra screen that apparently puts you on a list for a substantial discount on 2025 Nationals tickets; now I have to send an email to be sure I'm on that list since I didn't see this option at the time of my original purchase.

25% in 2025!
Buy your ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2025 ticket now to receive 25% off 2025 U.S. Championship tickets!
U.S. Figure Skating will reach out to this group exclusively with your 25% off offer prior to going on-sale to the general public with 2025 U.S. Championship tickets.
*Front row 10% discount
**U.S. Championship tickets to go on sale spring 2024.

Are you interested in a 25% discount to 2025 U.S. Figure Skating Championships? *
Yes
No

Last edited:

TanithandBenFan

I'm sorry, I don't remember one way or the other about a payment plan; it may have been mentioned.

The charge hit my account on the day I ordered (Monday, November 6).

I just walked through the first part of the purchase process again and found something I didn't see on Monday--an extra screen that apparently puts you on a list for a substantial discount on 2025 Nationals tickets; now I have to send an email to be sure I'm on that list since I didn't see this option at the time of my original purchase.

25% in 2025!
Buy your ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2025 ticket now to receive 25% off 2025 U.S. Championship tickets!
U.S. Figure Skating will reach out to this group exclusively with your 25% off offer prior to going on-sale to the general public with 2025 U.S. Championship tickets.
*Front row 10% discount

Are you interested in a 25% discount to 2025 U.S. Figure Skating Championships? *
Yes
No
Thank you for pointing this out. This definitely wasn't there on Monday. I'll be sending an email also!

YukiNieve

25% in 2025!
*Front row 10% discount
I was just about to reply to their email - where did you find this offer? (so that i can refer to this as well in my email)

YukiNieve

I was just about to reply to their email - where did you find this offer? (so that i can refer to this as well in my email)
I see - you just start the ordering process from the very beginning by entering your name, address, etc.

I think it reads like 10% discount for the front row and 25% for the rest, right?

TanithandBenFan

I see - you just start the ordering process from the very beginning by entering your name, address, etc.

I think it reads like 10% discount for the front row and 25% for the rest, right?
That is correct. I replied to Abby’s original code email and she replied that I will be added to the discount list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information