Cheer thread for Anastasia Gubanova

Scott512

I find that I enjoy her and Kurakova more than I do the ladies on the Russian team. Now if Kostornaia could find a landing spot somewhere we would see my Russian dream team.
Just looking at this post about aliona again I have revaluated the situation. In 2019 aliona is the most beautiful lady skater I have ever seen and that includes Yuna Kim. She has had nothing but bad luck since then and she's made some judgmental mistakes no doubt. But AK is missing her 3rd straight Russian nationals so she should be able to transfer no problem. Plus there are really like 6 or 7 Russian ladies ahead of her. KV Dasha Maya Sasha Anna Adelia and 3 Sofyas. Muryava is amazing. No one really talks about her but she may end up being the best out of all of them. So there are like 9 younger girls ahead of her and of course there's Liza who is pushing 26 I believe. So I think aleona should try to transfer to Georgia and you can still live in train in Moscow and represent Georgia or Kazakhstan or a country like that. I would think she would want to go to Georgia because she's friends with Anastasia they were teammates for Russia for over 10 years. And this is how the sport can eventually grow in Georgia. The powers that be have been screaming we need Russian ladies skating into their twenties well the ridiculous ban Iraising the age rule they're gonna get a lot of the Russian ladies and former Russian lady skating well into their twenties which is what they want.

As for aliona I think they might fight her transfer to another country. To the Russian figure skating federation Anastasia was no real threat to the top Rusdian ladies because they know she will never have an ultra jump. But if AK gets her triple axle back she could beat some of the top Russian ladies and that may cause them to hesitate transferring this amazingly gifted skater Kosto. I hope she gets to leave and escape great in because the uphill climb in Russia for AK is insurmountable so she needs to leave.

3T3T

Best of luck to Anastasiia in Europeans, it all kicks of for her on Thursday afternoon. Looking forward to two strong skates and hopefully a spot on the podium 🤞🍀 She is ranked 2nd in Europe this year, so I’m quietly confident. It would be great to see her win a medal.

Scott512

Best of luck to Anastasiia in Europeans, it all kicks of for her on Thursday afternoon. Looking forward to two strong skates and hopefully a spot on the podium 🤞🍀 She is ranked 2nd in Europe this year, so I’m quietly confident. It would be great to see her win a medal.
Well she surprisingly got the small gold medal for the short program. It's just amazing how they always keep her under 70 no matter what.

After her terrible struggles in the Finland Grand Prix event this is a nice comeback for her. Nastya is such a beautiful skater.

Scott512

Great performance from Anastasiia today, in first place after the short program at Europeans!
It's like a 50 / 50 thing for Nastia. The ISU put her in 1st place but kept her under 70 and close enough where Loena can overrun her in the free.
ISU does not like Nastya and they love Loena.
An ISU judge actually gave Nastya PCS score of 48 in her last event in the LP.. I hope that fool is not at Europeans or worlds. I think they see Anastasia as Russian not Georgian. That's not fair.

I hope to see pictures of Nastya holding the small gold medal for being in 1st place after the euros SP. We have to remember she almost quit for good a couple years ago before the Republic of Georgia took her on as an athlete. So a day like this must be special for her.

Scott512

Well done Anastasiia, a great skate to lead after the short programme. Judges were harsh on PCS again, I’d have her 70+.
Should have been at least 38 TES and 35 pcs that adds up to 73. Last year last year was getting like 40 TES in her SP. At least she did not get PCS scores in the twenties this year at Europeans like she did last year.

Cachoo

She did it! Beautiful skate…love the Indian theme and I want to thank Georgia for getting her to a flag where she can go to many Europeans for years to come if she this is what she desires. Love the American, Japanese and European podiums this year!

Scott512

Congratulations to Anastasia 2023 European champion. Now she didn't have to skate her greatest to win because of what happened before her. But she certainly avoided a bad escape because they would have taken It from
Nastya if she fell.

To hold this beautiful skater to under 200 points is despicable and to only give her sgating last a 65 pcs it's like they're still scoring her like she's skating in the 1st group. Lol.

Yulia won Europeans evgenia won Europeans
Alina won Europeans. The most beautiful skater I've ever seen Aliona won Europeans. The incredible phenom KV won Europeans and now Anastasia won Europeans. :) What great company for Nsstya to be in.

Scott512

Finally. Years of heartache have been ended.
Unbelievable Fisher Unbelievable and they still nailed her scores low at Europeans. Really you know she's going to win Europeans halfway through her wrong program and you can't put her over 200? Lol.

Yes but lots of heart ache was washed away today for Nastia. Lots. Hope she hears from a lot of the girl she grew up with and gets congratulations.

Cachoo

Congratulations to Anastasia 2023 European champion. Now she didn't have to skate her greatest to win because of what happened before her. But she certainly avoided a bad escape because they would have taken It from
Nastya if she fell.

To hold this beautiful skater to under 200 points is despicable and to only give her sgating last a 65 pcs it's like they're still scoring her like she's skating in the 1st group. Lol.

Yulia won Europeans evgenia won Europeans
Alina won Europeans. The most beautiful skater I've ever seen Aliona won Europeans. The incredible phenom KV won Europeans and now Anastasia won Europeans. :) What great company for Nsstya to be in.
It would be nice if Aliona could find a similar situation. Too many Eteri students are gone too soon.

Scott512

It would be nice if Aliona could find a similar situation. Too many Eteri students are gone too soon.
I guess Georgia has 3 spots now. I don't think they have the world class talent after Anastasia to fill 2 more spots for the ladies. If healthy alyona is a wonderful skater with great talent. I don't think the Russian federation will release her. But I don't want the pressure to keep 3 spots for next year to have a negative effect on Anastasia so I hope they get a world class number 2 for Georgia. It could be Anna F or Liza B. Or Talalakina.

If the Russians return in some form next season even as neutral athletes Which has been discussed it won't be easy for Georgia to keep those 3 spots for the ladies so they do need a good number 2 where they can both get top 10 at major events like worlds and Europeans. I think Georgia lost their quota of 2 for men's and now we're down to one. Is it's been a brutal season for Morisi.

I hope Nastya has lots of fun at the gala today.
Her beautiful smile will radiate the arena.

Scott512

Best interview I have ever read of Nastia. :40beers: She talks about Sasha, Kamila, the butcher Buyanova, her surgery, Loena kicking the ice hard

3 times with her skate blade, why she wont leave St. Petersburg to train somewhere else and how she still feels Russian on the inside among other things.

On a side note I think it was sad the Georgia figure skating federation with maybe a nudge from the ISU did not let Nastia skate in the St. Valentines day show in Moscow. :wall: Especially since her Russian born GEO teammate Morisi was doing the Navka shows in Russia last summer making money. To deprive Nastia of such an opportunity to skate in that show of love with Russian legends as the new European champion was mean and shortsighted. If GEO wants more Russian skaters they shouldnt do things like this. Nastia got the 3 spots but they only have 1 world class lady. They need 1 or 2 more. To ask Nastia to keep 3 spots for Georgia moving forward is too much pressure on her. She needs some help so get her a #2 who can score 190 plus.

Last edited:

Scott512

A very disappointing performance from Anastasia at worlds. I did not expect that.

Hopefully for the rest of her career or through the rest of the Olympic cycle she will have programs that suit her abilities best like last years programs. The judges look like they may finally be starting to give her more respectable PCS scores so it's important to improve her programs and technical ability next season and get it to last season's level where she was getting about 40 points in the SP and about 70 TES in the lp. She was way down in TES scores this season and that should not have been the case although that ankle surgery she had in the off season probably did not help.

Actually it was strange how a lot of wonderful skaters bombed worlds including Nastia Ekaterina Amber Bradie Yelim and Kimmy.

Hoping for Nastia scores of over 70 points regularly in the SP next season and over 200 points overall. But to do that she needs to improve on this season on all levels and be more consistent she was wildly inconsistent this season. I'm not asking for anything unrealistic for Nastia. Im not asking her to develop Kaoris great power and speed but I expect Nastia to have higher levels of everything next season. I expect Anastasia to be closer to Loenas skating skill levels and performance levels next season then she was this season. With Nastia being the reigning and defending european champion that's the least we should expect from her.

Hope she has a great off season.

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Actually it was strange how a lot of wonderful skaters bombed worlds including Nastia Ekaterina Amber Bradie Yelim and Kimmy.
:confused: Kimmy Repond skated extremely well in her 8th place Worlds debut!

ETA:

From a translated Sport-Express.ru interview after Worlds:
Describe yourself in three words.
Anastasiia Gubanova:
Tenderness, creativity, character.
Are there any ideas for new programs, and do you take part in the choreography?
Anastasiia Gubanova:
Yes, sometimes I try to suggest something to the coaches when we work on new programs, sometimes it happens by accident. I made some movement and “Oh, I’ll keep it.” There are no ideas about music yet, but I really want a fun short program.

Last edited:

Scott512

:confused: Kimmy Repond skated extremely well in her 8th place Worlds debut!

ETA:

From a translated Sport-Express.ru interview after Worlds:
A Sylvia sighting! 😎

I guess Kimmy did better than I thought but I was still expecting more after her bronze at Europeans although I suppose it's not fair and eighh is a good spot for her. I wish Nastya finished 8th.

Thanks for the NG interview. Anastasia certainly needs a fun short program for next season and I hope she gets it. Last season's programs were wonderful for her this season's programs not as much. I don't think she broke 200 points this season if she kept her LP from last season she would have broken 200 a few times.

3T3T

Well done to Anastasiia on winning the Lombardia Grand Prix. First in the short with 69.56 but only 4th in the Free with 115.95 for a combined 185.60 for victory by 0.15. It was close, the SP lead saved her. Not the strongest performance but it’s still a victory. She had a q on the 3Lo, downgrade on 3S, fall on 3F and did 3 2T’s.

No video’s yet, hopefully something might appear in the next few days 🤞

Scott512

Well done to Anastasiia on winning the Lombardia Grand Prix. First in the short with 69.56 but only 4th in the Free with 115.95 for a combined 185.60 for victory by 0.15. It was close, the SP lead saved her. Not the strongest performance but it’s still a victory. She had a q on the 3Lo, downgrade on 3S, fall on 3F and did 3 2T’s.

No video’s yet, hopefully something might appear in the next few days 🤞
Someone has a telegram page for her and they showed the short program and it's quite promising. But nothing on the LP and we probably won't see one because she bombed it like she did at worlds.

Yes Nastya took first place which is good and I hope it gets points for her but if she can't do 2 triple triples anymore in her LP and most of the ladies don't even bother with that she shouldn't do it if it's causing problems.

I think the judges are finally ready to give this woman and beautiful skater who is the European champion much more respectable PCS scores but her Technical scores are dropping alot beginning with last season and I don't get it. Nastya should always have a TES score of around 40 in the SP and around 70 or more in the LP and last season and so far this season it's alarming how they are falling. Especially her LP TES.

Nastya looks fabulous and in very good shape.

I want her in better form and skating much more consistently by the time Europeans rolls around and she gets to try to defend her championship and without the Russians she's got a great opportunity again. I want her in better form and skating much more consistently by the time European rolls around and she gets to try to defend her championship and without the Russians she's got a great opportunity again. Loena will be the heavy favorite because she's so good and always makes the podium without the Russians around and the judges is love her.

Scott512

Thanks BOG. I'm surprised Nastya bombed the LP.

115 points when I was expecting and hoping for 135 points was a disappointment. She also bombed her lp at worlds. I'm hoping she does not have an lp problem at this point. I think she should eliminate that second triple triple jump in the second half of the program. It's just too much and none of the other ladies do it. If Loena did 2 triple triple combinations I could see why Nastya would as well. That second triple triple combo is where the problems started she was doing well halfway through the program then when she tried to do that second triple triple combination she fell and the rest of the program was a struggle and the Judges pounded her. But at least Nsstya still finished in first place. :)

I don't know what to make of her new lp because she did not skate it cleanly. Beautiful music and a very beautiful skater. Nice dress too. It should be a very good. LP. But some people don't like it from what I've read.

Scott512

Well done Anastasiia, a great skate to lead after the short programme. Judges were harsh on PCS again, I’d have her 70+.
Judges have been worse to Anastasia this season the reigning and defending European champion. I've never seen a skater of her calibre constantly gets screwed on scores especially the presentation scores like Nastya is. While her levels of technical ability may not be quite as high as the Olympic season she is without question one of the most beautiful artistic and presentable skaters in the world and to see the American judge at the GP France give Nastya a freaking 50 in PCS and then 5 minutes later give american Isabeau a 68 makes me think something strange and political is going on. 50? Lol. The American teenager is certainly a beautiful and artistic skater as well but there's not an 18 point difference in PCS but the American judge wanted to send a message. What is going on here is it political because of where Anastasia lives and trains? I've never seen such a good figure skater constantly low balled like this girl and even after she won a major title Europeans10 months ago.

After her France GP LP where Nastya fell from second to sixth she said she was very disappointed she skated not so bad she did a 3 - 2 instead of a 3 - 3 but those were not such global mistakes that I would sink to such places these are not the scores that should be on the scoreboard and I am in a lot of pain right now about this. It's like they're trying to make her suffer. It really is a bizarre world in figure skating.

But I'm glad Nastya finally spoke out and very gently criticized what was going on with her scores and dropping so far and against in my opinion mediocre competition. I mean she didn't get beaten by Anna Sasha Alina KV Aliona etc.

I think her comments proves she sees the handwriting on the wall. I hope the girl skates through one more Olympic cycle leaves Georgia figure skating in much better shape than when she came and wins a few more medals but she's never gonna get the scores she really deserves.:(

People told me for a couple years after the Olympics and worlds where Nastya did really well her scores would go up and then when she won Europeans her scores would go up. Nope. And I don't want to hear she's from a small federation. NONSENSE. Belgium is also a small federation. And the judges are showing Nina from Belgium at 16 and Isa from America at 16 much more respect with scores than Anastasia at 20 has ever gotten.

Good luck to Nastya of the rest of the season. I hope she can become mentally tougher through all this but I have a feeling the opposite could happen.

I also have a feeling that figure skating is in a downward trend and there is no stopping at this point. Does anyone else feel the same way? I've noticed a lot less fans in the fan fest here and and another board. I wonder if the ISU notices and if they really care.

3T3T

Wishing the 2023 Georgian Female Athlete of the year, Anastasiia Gubanova, the very best of luck in this weeks Europeans 🍀🍀🍀.

Being honest, I’m not to sure what to expect. She is being marked very harshly by the judges this season, they are doing her no favours. IMO her performances are better that the scores received. So far this season she is ranked 25th on total scores on 187.66 from GP France, which is the 5th ranked Europeans.

I think it will be hard to defend her title, its Leona’s to lose (as it was last year). But a medal is not beyond her 🤞🤞

Scott512

Wishing the 2023 Georgian Female Athlete of the year, Anastasiia Gubanova, the very best of luck in this weeks Europeans 🍀🍀🍀.

Being honest, I’m not to sure what to expect. She is being marked very harshly by the judges this season, they are doing her no favours. IMO her performances are better that the scores received. So far this season she is ranked 25th on total scores on 187.66 from GP France, which is the 5th ranked Europeans.

I think it will be hard to defend her title, its Leona’s to lose (as it was last year). But a medal is not beyond her 🤞🤞
The scores have been absolutely ridiculous this season for Nastia as the reigning European champion. It's no accident this is happening. She's not skating great she's not skating quite at the level of the Olympic season but it's still good skating beautiful scathing artistic skating musical skating.

Trust me Nastya knows the ISU is not happy she was European champion last year. It's kind of the same situation as last year. If you say Loena is the second best lady skater in the ISU that's a fair statement. So Loena is the heavy favorite to win Europeans just like last year. And the Judges have been giving the Belgian bombshell SP PCS scores of like 36 and 37 this season while the euro champ sometimes gets PCS in the 20s. Lol. I am fine with Loena getting such high pcs scores. Nastyas PCS scores should be closer to Loenas than they are let's put it that way.

It's going to be really hard for Nastya to make the podium because there's Kimmy and 2 Ninas are coming on strong.

And the clown show that is the International skating union is at it again. They put a promo piece out the other day that had all the defending European champions in the picture and of course they did not put Anastasia their euro champ in the photo they put in Loena instead. Some people say that was an accident but they've never made an accident like that before. I would believe it could have been an accident if Europeans was 2 weeks later like it was at the end of January last year. But to do this too Nastya right before the competition is to mess with her head. They are angry that someone they consider a Russian won European's last January and Nastya appropriately criticized her ridiculous scores in the Finland GP this year of 118 99 in the LP when she's skated a nice program and should have been in the 130 plus range. Everyone thought well she's European champion she's gonna get the benefit of the doubt this year with the scores. Nope.

Good luck to all the skaters good health to them all too.

Scott512

Guba skated so well. This was arguably the best SP of her entire career. ISU still wouldn't let her hit 70. Killed her PCS again. To do that to such an artistic musical and beautiful skater is sad. To be fair it should have been 34 PCS and 38 TES for 72 points. 31 pcs? SMH. The Georgia figure skating federation should make a public or private complaint to the ISU. But the top 3 skated very well. Loena is in first as expected if she's skated clean. Nina P is in second and Anastasia is right behind her in third.

Good luck in the LP!

Scott512

Congrats to Anastasia on her silver medal and career highs in her LP and overall score. She skated really well and put a lot of pressure on Loena.

Well done on her career-best and I hope this propels Nastya of forward.

Anastasia finished first in jumps in both performances. But she has to get a spin coach or something because someone as slender as her should not be 10th in spinning at Europeans as she was today in the long program. Loena is always first or second in spins and she's much bigger than Nastya witdth wise so that should not be the case. But overall this was a career-best score for Nastya and she should be proud. I hope it's something to build on. And how she can fight for podiums in the future comes down to the judge's lifting up her pcs scores which should be considerably higher than they are. It's really not fair to keep her composition and presentation scores so low compared to other elite. Nastia does not have the power and speed of Kaori of course so skating skill she's never going to get in the mid to high 9s. But I just hate it when this beautiful artistic and musical skater Nastia gets scored in the sevens with PCS. It sets her back so far and it's impossible to overcome that. I mean if she got fair 34 PCS in the SP and a 70 today in the LP you're looking at 6 or 7 more points and possibly a gold medal. But the judges have her PCS slotted where she is for 3 years now and it's hard to change that.

If she skates like this at worlds the top 5 is possible.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Anastasia finished first in jumps in both performances. But she has to get a spin coach or something because someone as slender as her should not be 10th in spinning at Europeans as she was today in the long program. Loena is always first or second in spins and she's much bigger than Nastya witdth wise so that should not be the case.
That's not how spins work.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Congrats to Anastasia on her silver medal and career highs in her LP and overall score. She skated really well and put a lot of pressure on Loena.

Well done on her career-best and I hope this propels Nastya of forward.

Anastasia finished first in jumps in both performances. But she has to get a spin coach or something because someone as slender as her should not be 10th in spinning at Europeans as she was today in the long program. Loena is always first or second in spins and she's much bigger than Nastya witdth wise so that should not be the case. But overall this was a career-best score for Nastya and she should be proud. I hope it's something to build on. And how she can fight for podiums in the future comes down to the judge's lifting up her pcs scores which should be considerably higher than they are. It's really not fair to keep her composition and presentation scores so low compared to other elite. Nastia does not have the power and speed of Kaori of course so skating skill she's never going to get in the mid to high 9s. But I just hate it when this beautiful artistic and musical skater Nastia gets scored in the sevens with PCS. It sets her back so far and it's impossible to overcome that. I mean if she got fair 34 PCS in the SP and a 70 today in the LP you're looking at 6 or 7 more points and possibly a gold medal. But the judges have her PCS slotted where she is for 3 years now and it's hard to change that.

If she skates like this at worlds the top 5 is possible.
Her spins are due to her back injury. She can't really do them better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information