"Gold on Ice" April 19, 2024 in Leesburg, VA featuring 3 World champions & a silver medalist!

Sylvia

TBD
I think this show deserves its own thread for higher visibility (thanks for the heads up @YukiNieve!):
Gold on Ice
"Gold on Ice" is a must-see, one-night skating extravaganza featuring the 2024 World Champion Ilia Malinin, aka "Quad God," and a lineup of skating royalty. Expect mesmerizing performances from World Silver Medalist Isabeau Levito, dance champs Madison Chock and Evan Bates, World Pair Champions Deanna Stellato-Dudek and Maxime Deschamps, and more. This event is set to be a dazzling display of the pinnacle of figure skating talent.

This (just organized) show will be held at the Ion International Training Center in Leesburg, Virginia, on Friday, April 19, 2024 from 8 - 9:30pm EDT. Doors open at 7pm.

Last edited:

Gayo

I think this show deserves its own thread for higher visibility (thanks for the heads up @YukiNieve!):

"Gold on Ice" is a must-see, one-night skating extravaganza featuring the 2024 World Champion Ilia Malinin, aka "Quad God," and a lineup of skating royalty. Expect mesmerizing performances from World Silver Medalist Isabeau Levito, dance champs Madison Chock and Evan Bates, World Pair Champions Deanna Stellato-Dudek and Maxime Deschamps, and more. This event is set to be a dazzling display of the pinnacle of figure skating talent.

This show will be held at the Ion International Training Center in Leesburg, Virginia, on Friday, April 19, 2024 from 8 - 9:30pm EDT. Doors open at 7pm.
I bought a VIP on ice ticket which I normally wouldn’t do but since SOI and COI no longer tour in the US I decided to splurge. Should be a great evening and only 45 minutes from my house.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member

This (just organized) show will be held at the Ion International Training Center in Leesburg, Virginia, on Friday, April 19, 2024 from 8 - 9:30pm EDT. Doors open at 7pm.
We have out of town visitors I’m trying to persuade to go. If not I might go AWOL on them.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Unfortunately not because we have to pick them up at a museum, then take them to dinner in Leesburg and then see the show. On the bright side, they agreed to go....
But no on-ice tickets for me, splurging for four people.....

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Oh that's good, a fun evening for all of you and they will enjoy the skating!
I'd rather go with you :shuffle: but this is marital compromise, y'know....and who knows, maybe I'll convert them.

Besides, you're going on a fancy date with my husband tonight while I go to my predecessor's goodbye dinner....

YukiNieve

marshallpond

A side note: I did not know that Ion arena is owned by the family of the fiancee who proposed Nicole Takahashi (Nikki Carnahan - All-Japan bronze medalist for ice dance) at a Christmas show last December.

A moment of marriage proposal
Ion is owned by Luiz Taifas and his wife Mitra Setayesh. I was part of the LOC of the Championship Series in Leesburg, VA, in Oct 2021, and Mitra was very actively involved in the planning and preparations.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
That is a legit lineup. 3 current World Champions, World Silver Medalist, Donovan, Keegan, and more. Sounds like Ilia is more involved in the creation of this one. The description says "envisioned by Malinin" on the website: https://www.goldonice.live/
That sounds great. Assume that it may include some other dance teams - such as the Jr Israelis - that train there? So many good rinks around there - in Ashburn, Reston, etc. Wish that I were still living nearby. Enjoy, guys!

Debbie S

That is a legit lineup. 3 current World Champions, World Silver Medalist, Donovan, Keegan, and more. Sounds like Ilia is more involved in the creation of this one. The description says "envisioned by Malinin" on the website: https://www.goldonice.live/
From the tags on IG, it looks like Ilia's agent is the organizer/promoter.

Bratti/Somerville, Polina Edmunds, Tchakenko/Kiliakov, Sarah Everhardt and a few others also listed.

Frau Muller

Tkachenko/Kiliakov - Yessiree! Now I’m really jealous. Lucky audience.

Frau Muller

How quickly I went from “I shouldn’t buy tickets so close to worlds” to getting VIP tickets and planning a 5 hour trip… well 10 total lol.
Me too! Jet Blue non-stop from San Juan to Reagan National Airport!!! Three Row-A VIP tix for self, DH and a 104-yr-young skating fan who is one of Ilia’s most seasoned admirers!

Last edited:

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Me too! Jet Blue non-stop from San Juan to Reagan National Airport!!! Three Row-A VIP tix for self, DH and a 104-yr-young skating fan who is one of Ilia’s most seasoned admirers!

That's an awful lot of trouble to go to for the Jerk of the Century, isn't it? :saint:

Oh put me to shame why don't you! I can't quite face the idea of driving an hour from mid-town DC in rush hour to get there. :slinkaway
I get that. Friday night D.C. rush hour traffic is no small thing.

Sylvia

TBD
^^^ For context - Jan. 12 post in GSD ;):
A top jerk. His own mother won the very first 4CCs. I still care about Ilia…but he’s Jerk of the Century.
Skaters scheduled to perform on April 19 in addition to the 2024 Worlds medalists:
Keegan Messing, Donovan Carrillo, Polina Edmunds, Emily Bratti/Ian Somerville, Elizabeth Tkachenko/Alexei Kiliakov, Sarah Everhardt, Philip Warren, Sebastian Mendez (https://www.instagram.com/samuraiseb).

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information