"Gold on Ice" April 19, 2024 in Leesburg, VA featuring 3 World champions & a silver medalist!

AYS

🌻
No there was a show December 28, 2019 in Reading that wasn't part of the tour, ostensibly a "holiday show." Gilles & Poirier skated, and I should remember who else but right now I'm blanking.
You remember G/P because they were such a beautiful highlight - it was the only time I've ever seen them skate live and they alone were worth the drive and the post-dinner run! :love: They did an exhibition performance of Vincent, and it was sublime.

YukiNieve

The Ion arena has a (small) bar in the lobby and two food stands near the rink.
You can call them to see what they serve.
In the past shows they did not check/care if you brought foods from outside but I am not sure this time.
As I said earlier, there were plastic walls/boards for the hockey and hopefully they will remove those this time.
As you get closer to the rink, the route 267 becomes a one-lane, country-side like street and I never faced the traffic but I also did not drive on Friday evenings.

Kathryn2001

I'm a steady FSU lurker and looking forward to this show. I live in Ashburn, about 20 min from the ION place and have lived in this DC area for many years. There are plenty of restaurants in Leesburg, cheap to expensive. Anyone coming from the north or west shouldn't have traffic problems. Outgoing rush house traffic from the south and east can be the problem. Afternoon Rush hour begins early on Fridays but it's always there. The closer you are to DC, the trickier it can be. Traffic moves better the closer you get to Leesburg.
I'm in Section 102, Row E the end seat18.

Sylvia

TBD
Just saw Ting Cui's Instagram story -- captioned "excited to be sharing the ice with living legends" -- that confirms she will be performing tomorrow night! Here's hoping she'll skate her "East of Eden" exhibition program that she debuted at the SC of Wilmington show last weekend! :)

Last edited:

paskatefan

I was there too and was completely mesmerized by Kurt. As to who else was there I don’t have a clear recollection.
We were there as well. So were Meryl & Charlie, Bradie Tennell, Nam Nguyen, Piper & Paul, Alissa C. (Mrs. Kurt Browning now) ... What a wonderful evening! BTW, my profile pic is from that evening's Meet & Greet!

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Last edited:

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Ting Cui, Junior National competitor Sofia Bezkorovainaya (@Frau Muller will get to see her skate in person tonight :)) and the 2023 NQS' top Novice Skylar Lautowa-Peguero (I posted about her Junior debut last week here https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...n-the-dance-floor.111091/page-29#post-6586844) were confirmed via Gold on Ice’s Instagram account today: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C571Bn6uccA/

They keep adding to the list. I hope that all of the originally-announced World medalists will be there.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
U.S. national & international competitor Tommy Steenberg (who trained/was based in Virginia and now coaches in Chicago) has choreographed the program Ilia will debut tonight, according to his post/video reel: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C58cLLMLPdS/

One of the things I love about Ilia is he rarely repeats gala programs. He’s always keeping it fresh!

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
These are the TBA skaters that were promised (thought you would be happy about Sofia B.?). Don't worry - all the headliners should still be skating.
I just don’t want replacements of the announced world medalists, unless there’s an injury, Heaven forbid. I have no problem with Sofia or the Tkachenko/Kiliakov dance team showing up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information