Let's Talk Movies #36 - 2020 - Yep it is a new decade

LeafOnTheWind

I watched Argyle this weekend. It's not the greatest movie ever but I love the cheese at the end.

How many movie heroes are we going to get that save the day by
figure skating. I love the sit to upright spin while shooting the bad guys. :rofl: And the modified Dirty Dancing lift was epic cheese.

The first part of the movie was just kind of there but the end was worth all of it. I enjoyed it.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Oh boy went to the theaters for the first time in a long time, the fall guy was about 12 hours too long, needs about 18 more editors, and I thought this was gonna be more focused on the eyes of a stunt man, and not so much a love story, and a suspense crime murder thriller. I don’t know. We almost walked out of it.

watchthis!!

Raise Hell: The Life & Times Of Molly Ivins is a 2019 documentary about a Texas newspaper columnist in the 60s. A left-leaning columnist in the 60s. In Texas. Strong lady!! :lol: I did not know of Ivins before seeing this movie, I think it came to my attention while watching a different DVD and learning of this one in the previews. Glad this happened because this is a good movie and Ivins was a very interesting women! The kind to not "suffer fools gladly" which she seemed to come across often in Texas politics. :D If any of this has caught your attention, I definitely recommend this one.

watchthis!!

I have still not seen the Civil war.Is it worth watching?

I forgot that I saw this with friend and posted about Molly Ivins instead. The trailer for Civil War is really good. And most of the movie is decent, but the last half hour, the script implodes and less and less makes sense. One of my friends was really disappointed and said, "what was that"??!! He was expecting more of a popcorn action movie I think. Which it was, but it tried to be social commentary at the same time. Maybe the director/producers took on too much for a 98 minute movie. This probably would have been more successful as a mini-series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information