Minimum Total Element Scores (TES) for 2023 ISU Championships

Gris

不做奴才做公民
Yes, it would have taken so much effort to go to the first page of this thread and scroll down to the links Sylvia provided and click on the Senior Ice Dance one to find out exactly which competitions Shilling/Baeten earned the TES mins.

The linked ISU TES statistics show the competition where the skaters earned their highest valid TES though, not the competition where they first earned it. For example, the competition listed for Chock / Bates is this year's 4CC while they first earned MTS for the current season at the Finlandia Trophy in 2021.

Hindernisse

Yes, it would have taken so much effort to go to the first page of this thread and scroll down to the links Sylvia provided and click on the Senior Ice Dance one to find out exactly which competitions Shilling/Baeten earned the TES mins. Maybe it would have taken longer than it took for you to type up this post asking others to find the information for you...

Thank you for your kind message. I did go over the last two pages of this thread and didn't find the necessary information, so yes, it was quicker for me to post a question. I am sorry my polite message where I did excuse myself for asking it offended you. I've been long enough on FSU to know that this board is full of kind competent people like @Gris to answer my question. Thanks for pointing out about the links in the first posts though. It will for sure help me not to offend you next time with my questions.

Sylvia

TBD
I am sorry I don't have the time to research this myself and I would appreciate if anyone here in the know would help me. I understand that Olivia Shilling / Léo Baeten from Belgium have now achieved minimum TES to go to Worlds. Can you please let me know in which competitions did they get RD and FD TESs. Both at the Challenge Cup? Or did they get a least one earlier?
@Hindernisse I was following Livvy Shilling's quest for Belgium (the new team's joint post yesterday :): https://www.instagram.com/p/CpLkcgIryVB/) and they just missed the Worlds RD minimum of 33 (32.70 TES) in their international debut at the Bavarian Open before getting both minimums at Egna Dance Trophy.

SkateFanBerlin

Question about scoring. If you go for a 4T and it gets marked down to a 3T does that count as one of your 3T`s? So if you were planning combinations both with 3T`s on the end you`d have to change one to say, a 2T. Also, there are a few top skaters with 3T3T`s. Can they have a single 3T also - so three 3T`s in the program?

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Question about scoring. If you go for a 4T and it gets marked down to a 3T does that count as one of your 3T`s?
It used to in the early days of IJS and it made for some really confusing scoring. If the 4T is a bad attempt at a 4T, it's 4T<< or whatever. If it's a triple, then yes, it's called a triple, and one of the combinations planned with 3T on the end needs to change to a 2T or whatever else they have available.
So if you were planning combinations both with 3T`s on the end you`d have to change one to say, a 2T. Also, there are a few top skaters with 3T3T`s. Can they have a single 3T also - so three 3T`s in the program?
Two triples of the same type max, so no third 3T.

And it's either two triples repeated or one quad and one triple repeated in a program, but nothing more.

maureenfarone

It used to in the early days of IJS and it made for some really confusing scoring. If the 4T is a bad attempt at a 4T, it's 4T<< or whatever. If it's a triple, then yes, it's called a triple, and one of the combinations planned with 3T on the end needs to change to a 2T or whatever else they have available.

Two triples of the same type max, so no third 3T.

And it's either two triples repeated or one quad and one triple repeated in a program, but nothing more.
So much for a Free Skate :rolleyes:. Just kidding, or course! Thanks for the reminder. I watched Matthew Newnham over the weekend when it showed 3A 3 times I was so confused but it was only a data entry error so it was fine.

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
It reminds me of 2005 Worlds where Slutskaya thought her 3Lutz/3loop would only count as a 3Lutz/2loop, so she included a third 3loop. Navigating IJS back then was so wild for the skaters. They were in the dark on so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information