NBCUniversal's 2022-23 Figure Skating Broadcast Schedule

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
4Cs women's Free on now, NBC
The broadcast listing says 2022 4CCs from Tallinn, Estonia. My mom texted me to ask if that was right or if they would also show 2023, so I turned it on and immediately saw Mone Chiba getting her scores and told my mom the listing was wrong, that it's most definitely 2023 4CCs, lol.

Lacey

Great show! We saw Ladies Free, Chock and Bates' FD, and Men's Free. (No Pairs.)

Keegan Messing was worth the price of admission, I have never seen him skate that well, he was genuinely thrilled, and yes, the babies' pics were adorable. I wonder if he will retire, after all.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Keegan Messing was worth the price of admission, I have never seen him skate that well, he was genuinely thrilled, and yes, the babies' pics were adorable. I wonder if he will retire, after all.
He’s made it pretty clear for the last year that he wanted one more World Team Trophy and this season is it for him, even with Canada having Worlds next year.

maureenfarone

Does anyone know of any coverage for WTT on NBC broadcast or any of the cable channels in the U. S.? I'll be watching on Peacock but my older friends who love skating only have cable tv - no wifi or streaming available.

Thanks for any help!

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Does anyone know of any coverage for WTT on NBC broadcast or any of the cable channels in the U. S.? I'll be watching on Peacock but my older friends who love skating only have cable tv - no wifi or streaming available.

Thanks for any help!
WTT was never in the US/NBC press release.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?

Thanks for any help!
USFS just posted on their IG that synchro Worlds coverage will be on USA tomorrow, April 4th, 12pm-2pm ET.

Sylvia

TBD
USFS just posted on their IG that synchro Worlds coverage will be on USA tomorrow, April 4th, 12pm-2pm ET.
Josh Babb (coach of Skyliners) joined Steve Schlanger for USA's broadcast - Les Supremes' SP was shown first then free skates starting with Japan's Jingu Ice Messengers (10th place).

TV/DVR reminder: NBC's Worlds recap is scheduled for Easter Sunday, April 9, 2023 from 3-6 pm Eastern time.

just tuned in

Josh Babb (coach of Skyliners) joined Steve Schlanger for USA's broadcast
I haven't spent any time on the commentator thread, but it seems apropos to the discussion that Josh Babb commentated on other USA teams. On the one hand, it is rude to diss your competitors, even though he might have had a variety of emotions when Miami fell behind (possibly gleeful, or vindicated as in "shoulda been Skyliners instead of Miami"). In addition, he would not give commentary that would be useful to the teams down the road. For example, Haydenettes almost clipped blades during their intersection. I think Babb was about to make a suggestion as to how to avoid that, but then he bit his tongue.

Frau Muller

NBC broadcast TV: EASTER Special (3-6pm est! 🐰
Tomorrow is the FS season ending, post-Worlds review, w/ Johnny/Tara/Terry! So will Johnny dress as a bunny? Salute to Easter Egg colors? 🐰

Scroll to Sunday, April 9:

Sylvia

TBD
Chock/Bates' FD is being shown on NBC's 'Chasing Gold' right now.

TV/DVR reminder: NBC's Worlds recap is scheduled for Easter Sunday, April 9, 2023 from 3-6 pm Eastern time.
This taped recap usually is edited together from NBC Sports' original broadcasts of Worlds.

ETA - since the Kiss & Cry section currently is open to all we can use this thread if anyone plans to watch today's recap on NBC (links to NBC Sports' 11 individual videos from Worlds are posted here): https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...ge-for-2023-worlds.110568/page-5#post-6417308

Last edited:

Frau Muller

Women - Chaeyeon Kim, Amber, Loena, Isabeau - as Johnny mentions only two US women next year, Mai shown so far. No Bradie Tennell. Final Korean (Lee) & Japanese (KaoriS) coming up.

Sylvia

TBD
Re-posting from the WTT thread in GSD... NBC/Peacock has yet to advertise any short-lived replays ahead of time:
Link to the event times converted to Eastern time: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...-13-16-tokyo-japan.110525/page-6#post-6422098

ETA:
In 2021 there was one or more taped broadcasts on U.S. cable TV - NBCSN (this channel no longer exists). Do you know anyone who might be able to record WTT and transfer to DVDs?

Last edited:

maureenfarone

Re-posting from the WTT thread in GSD... NBC/Peacock has yet to advertise any short-lived replays ahead of time:
Link to the event times converted to Eastern time: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...-13-16-tokyo-japan.110525/page-6#post-6422098

ETA:

In 2021 there was one or more taped broadcasts on U.S. cable TV - NBCSN (this channel no longer exists). Do you know anyone who might be able to record WTT and transfer to DVDs?
Sorry I don't know anyone who could record and transfer to DVDs. I truly hoped that NBC would at least show some of WTT on USA or E! since NBCSN is no longer available. I have several friends who are mid 80's and only have cable tv. They all loved the replays that were on NBCSN because pairs and dance were shown and they got to see all (or most) of those competitions. This year NBC didn't show much of pairs or dance except maybe the top few competitors.

maureenfarone

Too bad you can't go over to where they are and cast WTT from your laptop or phone via a HDMI cable to their TV.
Well I don't know how to cast WTT from my laptop, but even if I could do that one is in assisted living, one is in a nursing home and one is still living on her own. The closest one is 3 hr. drive away and they are all now located in different cities.

Frau Muller

Wouldn’t it be great if Peacock aired a SUMMER SKATING REPLAYS SERIES? Then I may get to see more of Europeans, which took place concurrently with something else (US Natls?).

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information