News and updates à la Française, part quatre

MsZem

I see the sea
Unsurprisingly, Mae-Berenice Meite is no longer listed for the Masters de Patinage this weekend (based on her Instagram she's not even back on ice yet, and nor should she be after that injury).
With no Olympic spot available, there's really no reason for her to rush anything (not that it would have been a good idea even then). Hopefully we'll see her later this season.

Orm Irian

cholla

Marquessa of Chartreuse
Galyavieva/Thauron = the end 😭 Louis has a serious and recurring hip injury, meaning the end of his ice dance career. I'm really really sad that their partnership has to come to and end so abruptly. I love them as dancers and as people. They are both ultra clever and interesting people. I will miss them tremendously 😭

Orm Irian

Galyavieva/Thauron = the end 😭 Louis has a serious and recurring hip injury, meaning the end of his ice dance career. I'm really really sad that their partnership has to come to and end so abruptly. I love them as dancers and as people. They are both ultra clever and interesting people. I will miss them tremendously 😭
That's so sad and infuriating. So many of the skaters I love most are retiring injured when they should have years of competition ahead of them. 😡 I hope Louis is able to get therapy and/or surgery that will help treat the injury and relieve pain.

Belsornia

I bite because I like it
I noticed that ice dancers Julia Wagret and Pierre Souquet-Basiège aren't on the entry list for the French Championships, so I looked up their social media to see if one of them was injured, and it seems that they have retired. :(

(At least, that's how I interpreted his post - but I don't read French well enough to pick up on nuance.)

Vagabond

I noticed that ice dancers Julia Wagret and Pierre Souquet-Basiège aren't on the entry list for the French Championships, so I looked up their social media to see if one of them was injured, and it seems that they have retired. :(

(At least, that's how I interpreted his post - but I don't read French well enough to pick up on nuance.)
"Prendre du recule" means to step back and get some perspective on a matter, so I don't think they have definitively decided to retire.

Sylvia

TBD
Last edited:
J

Jeschke

These are some really nice farewell messages to each other!
Absolutely love the 2nd shot in Wagret‘s post 😍

Andrea82

Doesn't France have 2 spots at Euros for Ladies?
If so, they opted not to send Mazzara (the only other skater with minimums).

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Interesting that they didn't opt to send Meite. Not sure if she'd be ready in 3 weeks but I could see a case being made for sending her even though she wasn't able to compete at Nationals.

Sylvia

TBD
Interesting that they didn't opt to send Meite.
Her Instagram post 4 days ago: https://www.instagram.com/p/CXig3udOF-O/

Today should have been day 1 of competition at Nationals for me. But it won’t be. As much as I have improved in only two months, especially given where I started from, it just wasn’t enough to be ready for this event.

And It was the toughest decision I had to make.

Because it means no eligibility to qualify for the European and World Team. And potentially risking losing my status as a high level athletes, and all the perks that comes with it (eg. financial support, school arrangements and more) for not competing at reference competitions.

So many things are at stakes, but if there is one thing that this injury taught me, is that I will give my all for this sport that I love and my country that I’m proud to represent worldwide, to the limits of what my physical and mental capacities can bare.

I am already focused and looking forward to the second half of the season. Hungrier than ever. More motivated than I ever was, to be able to skate on competitive ice again.

THANK YOU ALL for the love, kindness and support I am receiving EVERY SINGLE DAY. From you, my team, friends and family. You are my daily dose of blessings and I wouldn’t have been able to achieve all that without you. ✨

I am a fighter, so no matter how hard and difficult the situation becomes, I will bounce back.

Just watch 😉

With all my love,
Maé

J

Jeschke

WTF at french fed!
Serna is almost the same hit and miss level as Mazzara. This is totally ridiculous, especially with Mazzaras latest challenger result.
And apart from that I just don’t get the fact of throwing away an opportunity of holding on to the 2spots.
Big meh!

Orm Irian

WTF at french fed!
Serna is almost the same hit and miss level as Mazzara. This is totally ridiculous, especially with Mazzaras latest challenger result.
And apart from that I just don’t get the fact of throwing away an opportunity of holding on to the 2spots.
Big meh!
Have you considered the possibility that, just for example, Mazzara might have an injury that impacted her performance at Nationals and means she really shouldn't be competing again for a while - or acquired one there? If she has, which is far from impossible, it would be infinitely preferable for them to give her time to recover than to risk breaking her permanently to get an outside chance of retaining a second spot in what's frankly a joke of a competition to start with. Schild and Ghozali unfortunately, IIRC, don't have the full set of TES minimums to take up the second spot and Mae-Berenice isn't able to compete yet, so sending Serna alone may be the only option they have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information