Practice reports, news, photos, clips, etc. - SkAm 2023

LilJen

Reaching out with my hand sensitively
Young blah blondy pup (Nordebeck) has great skating skills and expression. Just gotta get those jumps under control. Everything Counts, dude (Depeche Mode joke).

ChillSkate

I thought there was something wrong with Torgashev's music with the stuttering / feedback! Don't think this is a good choice.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Litvintsev is going all-out on the camp this season. This program is already a lot better than the Lion King atrocity, though.

He had a strong runthrough, but even here when he walked through parts of his program, he's huffing and puffing through a half-effort step sequence at the end.

LilJen

Litvintsev needs a style makeover, stat! Between the confused Liger King last night and the Discount Nutcracker and the not-great haircut, he’s… needing intervention. Jumps mostly solid.

Gogo run through: 2 something, popped Lutz, 4sal-3t, axel pop, 3something, lots of skating around appearing discouraged? I think he needs a year of just practicing getting used to this tall body.

tony

Vasiljevs - another deep V blouse for the haterz. Marking every one of his jumps.

The music isn't doing it for me and I think it's a complete mismatch. I love his choreography regardless (some beautiful movements), but this isn't engaging.

Eteri clapped for him with her thumbs only ;)

LilJen

Rose pink deep v-neck blouse for a blues program? Okay. Denissss marking most jumps and half-assing the in betweens in his run through. He does look like Lambiel is slowly trying to make a Lambiel 2.0 with the haircut and the spin positions.

Is everyone just really tired and disinterested, or is this just energy conservation playing out here?

tony

Egadze - Moulin Rouge. He's stumbling around and almost all of his jumps go up on a wild diagonal angle. He's able to save the landings with a flat or inside edge, but they almost always have zero flow.

LilJen

I wonder how one’s balance might be thrown off by pleather knee high pirate boots?

I like Yoshioka’s basics. Great knees and speed. Sorry, not informative. He did land a few good jumps in his run through.

ChillSkate

From where I was sitting, that looked like a perfect quad axel from Ilia. His jumps have been excellent all practice

ETA - Maybe it was just a triple axel? Opposite end of rink from me.

ETA again - according to Jackie Womg, it WAS a quad axel!

Last edited:

tony

Yoshioka - POTC again. 3T wanted quad, 4T hand down, 3A, 3A+1Lo+3S fall, a lot of skating through his program too, 3Lz+2A, 3F < and he falls very casually, stays there for a few seconds.

Jumps are really tiny and seem to require him to whip himself into them to try to get rotations. This music is such a great choice to bring out the spark in skaters who otherwise don't have it. Sadly, seems like it still does nothing for his energy.

tony

Sato Four Seasons- marked his first quad, 3A+1Lo+3S beauty, 4T+3T beauty, 3A, 3Lo, 3F+2T

Moves well, flows well, the program itself could be very good, the quality of jumps is often glorious, but there's still a lot missing to his presence.

LilJen

I have spent Sato’s run through trying to decide what the pattern on his shirt is supposed to be. I figure I must be missing some cultural reference. Some nicely landed jumps.

LilJen

Oh dear, Bolero? (Dislike that piece of music.) Kevin has cute little girl pigtails that are quite the contrast to the manly deep v neck of his top. Just get a haircut, dude.
Lots of pointing and besti squats done very energetically. Other poses and sliding things done with intensity.

tony

Aymoz (has pigtails) Bolero - 3T, slide move directly into 3A+2A, marking some jumps, beautiful transitions into 3Lz(turnout), skating through everything until the insane choreo seq.

I like this Bolero and I think choreographically they did include some more unique movements for him that fit the rise and fall of it very well, especially at the end. I saw it at Autumn Classic and he REALLY ran out of steam in the second half, taking most of the transitions out to just focus on jump preps. Now that I see them briefly in the program, I like them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information