Skate America 2023 - Rhythm Dance- “All My Edges Live in Texas”

VGThuy

Going back to Green/Parsons, as somebody who has been following Michael’s career since his junior days, he seems a bit out-of-condition compared to the past. Like he’s not a full strength.

Andrey aka Pushkin

Playing ping pong with balls of chocolate jam
The Mrazeks are the Nowak/Kolasinski of Czech.Rep. They are proficient but gosh, they are so boring and have so little taste, it's sad.
I have a soft spot for the Browns, they are really fun; he in particular is a fireball, which I love. Just kind of afraid to google what their siblings' names.
I really liked the Greens and really didn't like the Parsons. It didn't change.
Lajoie and Lagha are easily my favorite Canadian couple right now, but this RD is doing nothing to me. :blah:
I'm very sad the French couples are not getting the love they deserve. I'm in love with Demougeot/Le Mercier, but Lopareva/Brissaud are fantastic too, and I'm not content they didn't beat L/L in the RD because they should have AND the RD is the stronger program for the French and the weaker one for the Canadians.
He-Taschler was born to do cheesy 80ies programs, this one was not nearly cheesy enough. And the mismatch with his sister becomes more and more apparent, unfortunately.
Never liked Chock/Bates, didn't start now.

Last edited:

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
Going back to Green/Parsons, as somebody who has been following Michael’s career since his junior days, he seems a bit out-of-condition compared to the past. Like he’s not a full strength.
I truly think this is the case. That's just how it looks in person too. I think with more time they'll be fine.

VGThuy

And in Stars on Ice, too: in the group sections, he had such presence it was hard to keep my eyes off him, and not just because he was tall.
It’s like a lot of theatre stars. Sometimes, you see them on tv performing or even cast in film and wonder why they are attractions within the theatre community, and then you watch them live and you totally get it then.

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
Overall, I was disappointed in the programs. There was some great skating, but I just don't think alot of teams are leaning enough into the theme. Most of it feels just set to 80s music without any intention.

Kudos to teams like Smart & Dieck, and the Tashlers to really find a way to do 80s and be fun. They had me throughout their programs.

Positions 2-5 are very interesting. They're all very close TES wise, and their PCS almost seems relative to their speed. I still don't think we have a great grasp of how judges are judging PCS now with it just being 3 categories with Skating Skills last.

BaileyCatts

wasn't reading the thread while watching so maybe this was mentioned .... but is it just me who can barely hear the music? I got my laptop at 100% on the speaker thing and I can barely hear the music at all. I'm watching on ISU, not Peacock. Is sound better on Peacock? :(

dancefan17

C/B always start the season a bit slowly and ramp up quite effectively. Damn, Chock sells like no one else. Couldn’t take my eyes off of her. Their speed may not have been as fast as they are capable of, but their glide was great and Chock made it look easy and effortless. Evan did look a bit labored.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Bock are so slow and boring, my lord. The judges may not be willing to check their delusions about getting an Olympic gold medal just for hanging in there longer than all the other teams from their era, but Evan's back will NOT make it to Milano. Madison needs to accept her fate and become an athleisure entrepreneur or Marie-France's personal assistant already.
Don't be silly, she's going to be stylist and makeup artist for the entire Montreal team. They'd be crazy not to install her in that position the day she retires.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
wasn't reading the thread while watching so maybe this was mentioned .... but is it just me who can barely hear the music? I got my laptop at 100% on the speaker thing and I can barely hear the music at all. I'm watching on ISU, not Peacock. Is sound better on Peacock? :(
The sound is QUITE strong on Peacock. It got so loud sometimes I had to turn it down!

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
It's the same for me and am also on the ISU feed.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Even if your computer volume is all the way up, you may need to turn the ISU source volume (YouTube I presume) up as well. If that doesn't help, then it's the ISU. There were a lot of sound problems at the start of yesterday.

LeafOnTheWind

I had to find a cheap portable soundbar for my laptop. It's small and connects by USB port or blue tooth. The sound issue is on the ISU stream and not completely gone. It's still muddy but I hear things a lot better now.

Sylvia

TBD
Protocols: http://www.isuresults.com/results/s...------QUAL000100--_JudgesDetailsperSkater.pdf

Pl.NameNationTSS
=
TES
+
PCS
+
COPRSKDed.
-
StN.
1​
Madison CHOCK / Evan BATESUSA
84.87​
48.30​
36.57​
9.25​
9.18​
9.07​
0.00​
#10​
2​
Marjorie LAJOIE / Zachary LAGHACAN
77.80​
43.70​
34.10​
8.57​
8.61​
8.46​
0.00​
#8​
3​
Evgeniia LOPAREVA / Geoffrey BRISSAUDFRA
77.20​
44.07​
33.13​
8.32​
8.29​
8.29​
0.00​
#7​
4​
Natalie TASCHLEROVA / Filip TASCHLERCZE
75.21​
42.20​
33.01​
8.07​
8.32​
8.43​
0.00​
#6​
5​
Caroline GREEN / Michael PARSONSUSA
75.05​
42.38​
32.67​
8.21​
8.14​
8.21​
0.00​
#9​
6​
Olivia SMART / Tim DIECKESP
71.96​
39.91​
32.05​
8.14​
8.07​
7.89​
0.00​
#1​
7​
Oona BROWN / Gage BROWNUSA
71.34​
40.03​
31.31​
7.86​
7.75​
7.93​
0.00​
#3​
8​
Katerina MRAZKOVA / Daniel MRAZEKCZE
67.95​
37.32​
30.63​
7.50​
7.82​
7.71​
0.00​
#2​
9​
Hannah LIM / Ye QUANKOR
65.49​
36.04​
29.45​
7.43​
7.39​
7.32​
0.00​
#4​
10​
Holly HARRIS / Jason CHANAUS
61.99​
33.78​
28.21​
7.21​
7.07​
6.93​
0.00​
#5​

RD presser is about to start: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59Qab9cQKlI

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
The Mrazeks are the Nowak/Kolasinski of Czech.Rep. They are proficient but gosh, they are so boring and have so little taste, it's sad.
I have a soft spot for the Browns, they are really fun; he in particular is a fireball, which I love. Just kind of afraid to google what their siblings' names.
I really liked the Greens and really didn't like the Parsons. It didn't change.
Lajoie and Lagha are easily my favorite Canadian couple right now, but this RD is doing nothing to me. :blah:
I'm very sad the French couples are not getting the love they deserve. I'm in love with Demougeot/Le Mercier, but Lopareva/Brissaud are fantastic too, and I'm not content they didn't beat L/L in the RD because they should have AND the RD is the stronger program for the French and the weaker one for the Canadians.
He-Taschler was born to do cheesy 80ies programs, this one was nearly cheesy enough. And the mismatch with his sister becomes more and more apparent, unfortunately.
Never liked Chock/Bates, didn't start now.
Yikes this is the first time I can remember agreeing with you on most of your strong opinions. We should share a war zone more often.

I’m really happy for Lop/Bri who are quirky and interesting. And got dumped last year. I have never gotten LaLa and this didn’t help. C/B looked like they didn’t understand the assignment but knowing them, will be much better by end of season.

Carolla5501

Yup, that's how I feel. A lot of empty razzle dazzle. I'm tired of seeing them and wish they'd retire ... make room for some new blood.

It’s not the job of the current champions to make room for new blood. It’s the job of the new blood to push them off the top. It’s not a coronation. They don’t have to give up their crown for the next person to be crowned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information