The Shoma Uno fan thread - Go for número UNO!

sheen

How cute they were in the press conference.

Before starting the conference, they were talking about small medals.
Yuma: This is classier than what I expected.
Shoma: I sometimes got small medals like penny (actually he referred to a Japanese smallest coin).
Kazuki: I think small medals got bigger these days.
Shoma: (opening the box and said). Wow this is big.

Last edited:

sheen

One more info.
Shoma said he was told by Stephan after the Olympic that "That was not Bolero I choreographed for you."

Japanese reporter asked about the differences between steps Shoma did in the Olympic and those Stephan had intended. Shoma's answer is "Ask Stephan when you have a chance. Since he would only say positive things if you ask before the competition, his true feelings could be obtained if you ask him in a private cubbyhole place."

I really hope he will perform Sholero in a manner perfectly satisfying Stephan. GO SHOMA!

Last edited:

kittyjake5

Congratulations to Shoma who was truly Shomajesty today winning the Gold Medal. I am so happy for him!!!!

Winning free program

sheen

One word from the reporter:
Shoma's first comments after winning is full of affection to Stephan.
"Since I joined his team without prior appointment, I am thinking I want to a student whom Stephan observes in relaxed and joyful manner. This is my motivation during my daily practice in Japan."

Shoma looks very happy when Stephan confirmed Bolero steps were really good in Kiss & Cry.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Wx3xm3-2VQ (This might be subject to Geo-restriction).

sheen

Colantotte, a company supporting Shoma for a long time, produced a series of short footage for TV.
The guest of the last episode (Episodo 4) is Mao ASADA who invited 5-year-old Shoma to figure skating.
Apologies for Japanese only without no subtitle, but you can enjoy cute toddler Shoma on the Ice, ending with Montpellier World!

sheen

This is really good interview.
In the interview he says as follows:
"The performance in a competition is really short. Tens and hundreds hours of practice is condensed into only 4 minutes performance. I think this is very beautiful. Whether good performance or bad performance may bring tears. I hope you could feel positive by seeing such beautiful parts."

Last edited:

sheen

Extract footage for SP can be available here:

Sylvia

TBD
Uno Shoma and coach Stéphane Lambiel bring a new approach to the ice: 'The idea is to go season by season'
The duo teamed up in 2019 and Uno won two Olympic medals and a world title last season. They spoke exclusively to Olympics.com about how Uno is approaching the new Olympic quad.
By Nick McCarvel (Nov. 15, 2022): https://olympics.com/en/news/uno-shoma-stephane-lambiel-figure-skating-olympic-quad-interview-2022
Excerpt:
After a season in which Uno won a pair of Olympic medals as well as his first world title, the maintaining of his form in the post-Games year was impressive in Mississauga, Canada, where he captured the aforementioned Grand Prix gold at Skate Canada International.
His presence on the ice is as gripping as ever, and though he still fights for near perfection with his jumps (he was called for small under-rotations in four of his five biggest jumps in the free skate in Mississauga), the attention to detail and pure presence on ice is still world class.
The question is: How far – and long – does Shoma want to go?

DreamSkates

deegee

at the risk of jinxing him today knocking hard on all the wood near me i have been waiting for such a long time for the era of shoma uno as reigning world champion. no matter how long it lasts, I will savor it, joyfully. his prowess on the ice during the short program yesterday is something i have longed for from him and just knew could be brought forth by a world championship win. that gold has boosted his confidence and brought out a calmness that is a wonder to behold 🥰

best wishes to him in the fp today!

DreamSkates

at the risk of jinxing him today knocking hard on all the wood near me i have been waiting for such a long time for the era of shoma uno as reigning world champion. no matter how long it lasts, I will savor it, joyfully. his prowess on the ice during the short program yesterday is something i have longed for from him and just knew could be brought forth by a world championship win. that gold has boosted his confidence and brought out a calmness that is a wonder to behold 🥰

best wishes to him in the fp today!
And many thanks to his wonderful coaching team!

Allskate

Here is Shoma's free program from today:

Also, here is video of Shoma being asked what his favorite Stephane program is. Wait to the very end to see Stephane's response:

I loved watching Stephane skate when he was competing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information