Lara

Bonjour/Hi to everyone at Worlds!
Happens to me too lol.

Wow at Regan Smith missing out on the 200 back. :eek:

Theatregirl1122

Needs a nap
Happens to me too lol.

Wow at Regan Smith missing out on the 200 back. :eek:

At least she's still on the team, but oooof on missing out on an event where she holds the world record.

WOW at 15 year old Katie Grimes making the team in the 800. That's a long race. She's a baby. It's so weird to see kids who look like my freshmen and sophomores making the Olympic team!

ross_hy

So happy for Simone Manuel! It's a little mind boggling to think about the veteran, highly-accomplished USA athletes who won't be in Tokyo between Nathan Adrian, David Boudia, Kerri Walsh Jennings, Kim Rhode, Laura Wilkinson, etc. I hope they all find a way to stay involved in their sports, whether it's continuing to compete, the media, federation work, etc.

ryanj07

Happy for Simone! I really wanted her to make the team. I hope she can put her recent struggles behind her and have a great Olympics.

Nathan has always seemed like such a great guy so Iā€™m sure it must be tough to miss out so narrowly.

skatingguy

decently
So happy for Simone Manuel! It's a little mind boggling to think about the veteran, highly-accomplished USA athletes who won't be in Tokyo between Nathan Adrian, David Boudia, Kerri Walsh Jennings, Kim Rhode, Laura Wilkinson, etc. I hope they all find a way to stay involved in their sports, whether it's continuing to compete, the media, federation work, etc.
You can add Justin Gaitlin to that list.

Lara

Not US swimming related, but I think Summer McIntosh who earned a spot on the Canadian team yesterday must be the sister of pairs skater Brooke McIntosh. I don't know if it was in the CBC YouTube clip but at one point the commentator mentioned her sister being a figure skater who competed at Lausanne (presumably YOG).
Definitely promising!
(Geoblocked per comments unfortunately.)

The biggest result otherwise so far was Kylie Masse's 100 backstroke - second best time this year and in the mix with McKeown and Smith.

kalamalka

Yes, Summer McIntosh is Brooke's sister - the swimming.ca article confirmed it.

"McIntosh earned Bell Performance of the Day honours with her race. She is the latest in her family to achieve athletic success; her mother Jill Horstead was an Olympic swimmer in 1984 and her sister, Brooke, competed in figure skating at the 2020 Winter Youth Olympics."

honey

Not US swimming related, but I think Summer McIntosh who earned a spot on the Canadian team yesterday must be the sister of pairs skater Brooke McIntosh. I don't know if it was in the CBC YouTube clip but at one point the commentator mentioned her sister being a figure skater who competed at Lausanne (presumably YOG).
Definitely promising!
(Geoblocked per comments unfortunately.)

The biggest result otherwise so far was Kylie Masse's 100 backstroke - second best time this year and in the mix with McKeown and Smith.
This swimming Canada article mentions that Brooke is her sister :)

Lara

Day 4 Canadian trials update - Penny Oleksiak is back! 52.89 in the 100 free which has only been bettered by Australia this season.
Very happy for her considering all the pressure post-Rio. It canā€™t have been easy at all.

RoseRed

Day 4 Canadian trials update - Penny Oleksiak is back! 52.89 in the 100 free which has only been bettered by Australia this season.
Very happy for her considering all the pressure post-Rio. It canā€™t have been easy at all.
It's her fastest time since the Rio games apparently. She looked ecstatic in the post-race interview.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information