Worlds 2024 Women FS: ‘Where Have All The Knitters Gone?’

zigzig

Biggest fashion mishap: Nina Pinzarrone’s new high-necked thick-fabric dress. Spartacus was set in Rome - not Antarctica.
It was basically a wine colored variation on her short program dress.

I actually thought her more literal sexy Athenian Ricky's costume was better.

Which is opposite of Michelle Kwan's dress from 1997 where she started with a very literal Elizabethan dress and switched to a MUCH IMPROVED versace LBD.

eusebius

Another reason why I love her.

Being a car dealer's daughter, I named all my cars over the past 24 years for my favorite skaters. My 2000 silver BMW3 was "Wing" for Michelle Kwan. My 2006 C-Class was a bit temperamental, so she was "Sasha" for Cohen. The 2013 C-Class was "Kati" (hey, German car, finally figured Katarina deserved a designation).

Last year, our oldies were aging, and my husband wanted an EV, so we agreed he could have the "fun car" for once and I went for the nice, sensible AWD ICE vehicle (Subaru Crosstrek Sport, which I love). I decided to be an old goat, so I named her "Peggy" after the divine Miss Fleming. But DH pointed out that shouldn't a Japanese car also have a Japanese name? Good idea; I picked my favorite Japanese skater. So she is now my beloved Peggy Kaori - "Peggy K" for short. And I'm sure she's smiling tonight in our garage.

Yeah, I'm a weirdo motorhead, what can I say...
I love this. I had a Honda named Takeshi years ago!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information