21 Lukas BRITSCHGI SUI 6th Men
22 Isabeau LEVITO USA 2nd Women
23 Keegan MESSING CAN Guest Men
24 Kaori SAKAMOTO JPN 1st Women
25 Madison CHOCK / Evan BATES USA 1st Ice Dance
26 Ilia MALININ USA 1st Men
27 Deanna STELLATO-DUDEK / Maxime DESCHAMPS CAN 1st Pairs
FINALE & Best Exhibition Performance Award

Can someone post the Skating ISU's YouTube link?

ETA - found Skating ISU’s link by using a VPN:

Last edited:

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Oooooo…as part of the finale, there will be a Best Exhibition Performance award! (Jason had better try Tarzan. I keep waiting.)

I like it that several Canadian men will be guest stars (Elvis, Eladje, Patrick, and Keegan).

Last edited:

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Elvis, Eladje, Patrick, and Keegan all performing. Bring me my smelling salts!
Honestly? I'm more than a little offended that Canada is having these 4 retired skaters performing in the Worlds gala. I have no problem with Les Supremes seeing as they are one of the best synchro teams in the world but this event is supposed to be about celebrating the skaters that made Worlds so memorable. They are riding the coattails of past greats instead of supporting their current skaters. Wesley is the national champ, despite his poor result here. Spend some money to fly Kaiya Ruiter in as she is also your national champ. I can understand 1 or 2 of those retired skaters but 4? That's just wrong.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Honestly? I'm more than a little offended that Canada is having these 4 retired skaters performing in the Worlds gala. I have no problem with Les Supremes seeing as they are one of the best synchro teams in the world but this event is supposed to be about celebrating the skaters that made Worlds so memorable. They are riding the coattails of past greats instead of supporting their current skaters. Wesley is the national champ, despite his poor result here. Spend some money to fly Kaiya Ruiter in as she is also your national champ. I can understand 1 or 2 of those retired skaters but 4? That's just wrong.
Elvis is going to still bring the house down there, Chan is an all-time great, too. Messing is a recently retired fan favorite, and Balde is one of the most famous non-medal winning skaters because of social media. A very obvious choice of four IMO since Browning probably was like hell no, I'm too old for this.

I don't know how anyone could possibly be offended of those choices over Ruiter, but okay. :lol:

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Our favorite words from Peacock:
COVERAGE WILL BEGIN SHORTLY!

Just push the darn buttons, Mark & Tonia!

Desperado

I could 100% do without Stojko and Messing but Patrick was an ambassador for these Worlds (with Joanie Rochette) and Elladj has a huge SM following created by making his skating (and by extension, skating in general) popular despite not being a title holder.

The four are also all men (pretty sure Dr. Rochette chooses not to skate in shows) which is far from ideal for me.

Sally1214

Everyone still getting "Program Has Ended" on cbc.ca? I'm never sure if I have the right link.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I have little doubt that Joannie could probably go out there and still do a full or near full set of triples. Who could forget her 2013 Japan Open performance, full on with 6 triples, that would've been in the hunt for a Sochi medal had she chose to come back?

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
That was really lovely from Elvis. Awwww - the audience singing Happy Birthday to him too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information