2019 Chesapeake Open (incl. DANCE + camp), June 19-22 in Laurel, MD

Dobre

Last year here, the Greens finished behind N/K and G/S.

Last year, the Greens had the highest combined scores in juniors. They won the RD and were third in the FD (by a point and a half). Nguyen & Kolesnik didn't skate the RD last year.

I agree that early season competitions and debut performances are often unpredictable. It certainly often takes teams time to work out the kinks, and I'd guess the Browns will do so. But it's a good solid score for W&C. Not far off the competitive ones from Nationals last season.

YukiNieve

Junior FD

(please note: videos are partial and low-quality and they are just for ice-dance lovers like me to enjoy and cheer for the skaters).

+ Wolfkostin & Chen: newly formed couple. Liked their expressions!

+ Brown & Brown: Liked their speed and beautiful/interesting positions!

+ Lavrova & Gart: Hard to believe that they just started as a couple. They had an unfortunate fall but recovered quickly and finished strong.

ETA: I also tweeted a few photos of senior FD:

Liked Melton and O'Donnell's FD a lot. A cool program.

You see some patterns on the photos - there is a huge safety net in front of the bleachers and that's why, lol.

Last edited:

concorde

Senior Ladies SP

Emily Zhang
2A
3S+3L (attempt? couldn't see clearly, looked like wonky landing)
3F fall

Sarah Jung
3Lz fall
1 waxel
3F+2T

No scores announced

Are you sure that was Emily since the skating order listed the skater as Elaine Zhang with Washington FSC?
I know that Emily Zhang from Richmond FSC was listed to skate in the long.

I know I kept looking and looking trying to figure out if the two were the same skater.

Z

ZilphaK

Are you sure that was Emily since the skating order listed the skater as Elaine Zhang with Washington FSC?
I know that Emily Zhang from Richmond FSC was listed to skate in the long.

I know I kept looking and looking trying to figure out if the two were the same skater.

Oh, interesting! I was going by the LP listing and I guess I didn't pay close enough attention. I'll go back and listen, see if I can hear the announcement.

ETA: This is what Entryeeze has listed:

Short Program, Senior (Ladies)
Event #134
Fri, Jun 21, 2019 9:10 PM Patrick
Rongione, Isabella Frederick FSC
Crawford, Madelyn Washington FSC
Jung, Sarah Columbia FSC
Leighow, Morgan Washington FSC
Zhang, Emily Richmond FSC

platniumangel

Debbie S

Results are now posted (I just received them on Monday): https://baltimorefigureskatingclub.com/?page_id=44

I don't have the protocols. If I get them at a later date, I'll post. I did get all of the dance results, though. (I suspect USFS communication on the NQS accounting has been unclear and we'll probably see inconsistencies this season in how club comps report their results.)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information