2022 Olympic FS Team Event delayed medal ceremony - updates

Vagabond

At this point, why should we trust any of them? They aren't beyond doping and exploiting a minor. How many times has Russia been caught doping?
The minors are doping themselves, or at least some of them are. (See Post #716.) Which is not to say that they are doing it on their own.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
The minors are doping themselves, or at least some of them are. (See Post #716.) Which is not to say that they are doing it on their own.
They rarely are doing it on their own. Think of the Nike Oregon Project in the US. The entire training center was involved because it came from the top. Individuals doping on their own are rare IME because it takes a village to dope without getting caught.

Vagabond

They rarely are doing it on their own. Think of the Nike Oregon Project in the US. The entire training center was involved because it came from the top. Individuals doping on their own are rare IME because it takes a village to dope without getting caught.
Judging by what Baranova said in her interview, I think a good deal of the diuretic use she described went on without any direct oversight from any adults, though some adult was probably the the supplier. I doubt that minors can get bisacodyl and furosemide over the counter in Russia.

The adults at the training center create the atmosphere where using these drugs seems the right thing to do and, quite likely, in part by seeing that other drugs are administered to their skaters and by turning a blind eye to whatever goes on without their direct involvement.

Last edited:

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
Are national ADA’s required to tell WADA every time they give a one-day suspension to minors or decide there were extenuating circumstances, like cafeteria employees, grandfathers who bake, and masseurs, that justified a pass?

Marco

Honestly? I can’t believe that any of them were clean. She just got caught.
That's an entirely different question. But as it was, since only she was found to have been doping, factually I said it isn't other team members' fault.

If we are arguing the merits of the decision to let Russia keep the bronze on the premise that the entire team or most of them were in fact doping (skillfully so as not to get caught), the discussion would have been moot.

purple skates

Shadow Dancing
That's an entirely different question. But as it was, since only she was found to have been doping, factually I said it isn't other team members' fault.

If we are arguing the merits of the decision to let Russia keep the bronze on the premise that the entire team or most of them were in fact doping (skillfully so as not to get caught), the discussion would have been moot.
Well, if you are talking about the bronze medal, I think what happened is a travesty and the powers that be at the ISU twisted themselves into a pretzel to make sure Russia was not completely off the podium. I think it should have been Canada getting the bronze in Paris, but I have no vote so what I think doesn't matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information