Skate Canada 2023 Womens FS - Splatatouille

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Tentative and breaks all choreography to go into each jump. At one point she was moving better during the Nyah free skate days, but the injury has just wiped out any and all progress she had. JRo slow, step sequence is done with zero ease.

Lutz under, loop under, second Lutz under, a double Lutz that is wobbly. Meh.

Obviously she's having issues getting back to 100%, but weird choices in three Lutz-type jumps, a double flip, etc.

Composition of the program should be low, like in the 4's really.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
I'll tune in briefly on my phone for each of these first few ladies since that doesn't use my mobile hotspot data...

Meite - wearing a skating version of a Pnina Tornai wedding dress, just about the tackiest high-end wedding dress designer one can find watching "Say Yes to the Dress".

skatingguy

decently
Meite, Mae Berenice 🇫🇷
Coach: Lorenzo Magri, John Zimmerman, Silvia Fontana
Music: I Surrender by Celine Dion, Maxime Rodriguez

2A+2A+SEQ
3Lz<+2Tq
1Lo
3Loq+2T
Step Sequence 2
Fly Camel Spin 3
3Lz<
2lz – planned double
Choreo Sequence

2F – planned double
Fly Ch Combo Spin 4
Layback Spin 3

Sadly injury has robbed Mae Berenice of the power in her skating.

79.48 = 1st Place
121.13 = 1st Place

Last edited:

Jay42

Between the click of the light
MBM was posting a lot last year on social media about getting back into competition shape after her injury for the Olympics but this feels like she's lost progress even from where she was last year when she first returned to competition.

peibeck

Simply looking
Even by 1990s standards Mae Berenice's program would be empty. But at least she kept fighting. Judges having zero mercy, even on steps though.

tony

MBM was posting a lot last year on social media about getting back into competition shape after her injury for the Olympics but this feels like she's lost progress even from where she was last year when she first returned to competition.
She was doing 2A+3T, 3F, 3T individually last season so something is definitely up. A planned 2F and 2Lz because no toe or Sal in sight.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Lara Naki - same costume as last season, it's pretty enough, but I don't like the program, so not watching.

genevieve

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger (she/her)
Staff member
So slow into that jump with overhead arms no way it was ever going to happen

I like this program. Don’t understand the tramp stamp on the dress

tony

Very standard practice for Gutmann to blow the short and then have a strong free skate. Really phoning it in though. Her posture is not good but I think there's usually more tension to everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information