The Dance Hall 12: Boston Tea Dance Party

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
That's ice dance judging for you. I haven't seen R/M, but I just watched Bekker/Hernandez and can't believe they went ahead of D/N with that messy FD.
No, that’s domestic judging for you IMO. No one can convince me otherwise that the French Fed wasn’t trying to make a big statement with those (especially) PCS and overall scoring differences between the two teams at Masters.

I consistently love the work of that entire camp, but the PCS told me enough about what was going on there.

Last edited:

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
That's ice dance judging for you. I haven't seen R/M, but I just watched Bekker/Hernandez and can't believe they went ahead of D/N with that messy FD.
I liked B/H as Juniors but either they’re not training enough or something has gone wrong with them technically. She looked off-kilter for much of that dance.

Karen-W

Regardless of what happened domestically, D/N should have easily beaten B/H when they had that huge error on the dance spin.

Haven’t watched Reitan/Majorov’s FD yet, but their RD was superb.
ReiMaj's FD was one of my highlights - so much so that I made a point of saving it and uploading it to my Rumble acct -

The rest of the FDs from the top 9 final standings are also available on my Rumble account.

Bigbird

Colour me very impressed. That was masterful from Majorov. He has exceptional partnering and skating skills. If he continues this way, he will become amazingballs. It's about time.

Edit: His partner is also charming, if I may say so myself.

Last edited:

Bigbird

Regardless of what happened domestically, D/N should have easily beaten B/H when they had that huge error on the dance spin.

Haven’t watched Reitan/Majorov’s FD yet, but their RD was superb.
Do you have the RD video for Reitan/Majorov? I would greatly like to see that. Their FD is exquisite.

skateblessing

Colour me very impressed. That was masterful from Majorov. He has exceptional partnering and skating skills. If he continues this way, he will become amazingballs. It's about time.

Edit: His partner is also charming, if I may say so myself.
They have really good face expressions as well. I really not an expert on Ice Dancing, but I remember Mark and Ted mentioning how hard it is for skaters to work with face expression as they skate, I think that perhaps is particular difficult in single skating, so I guess it´s perhaps easier in ID, but some do it more naturally.

I have rewatched their new FD a lot of times already. I really hope they can make the FD at Euros this season, watching this FD at Euros would be magical.

They really have every chance to do that, I think the issue is they still don´t have many ranking points and are entered at Challengers with a deep field which makes it almost impossible for them to be top 6, so they might get dinged because they will skate in early group at Euros. I hope they will be entered in a small senior B event with perhaps s a weaker field, but it doesn´t see to be so many of them?

PS: At Worlds they got a really great score despite skating early, so it still possible to get a good score, but skating in one or two groups later would probably push their score a little more up on those GOES, which could be crucial for making the free.

Bigbird

They have really good face expressions as well. I really not an expert on Ice Dancing, but I remember Mark and Ted mentioning how hard it is for skaters to work with face expression as they skate, I think that perhaps is particular difficult in single skating, so I guess it´s perhaps easier in ID, but some do it more naturally.

I have rewatched their new FD a lot of times already. I really hope they can make the FD at Euros this season, watching this FD at Euros would be magical.

They really have every chance to do that, I think the issue is they still don´t have many ranking points and are entered at Challengers with a deep field which makes it almost impossible for them to be top 6, so they might get dinged because they will skate in early group at Euros. I hope they will be entered in a small senior B event with perhaps s a weaker field, but it doesn´t see to be so many of them?

PS: At Worlds they got a really great score despite skating early, so it still possible to get a good score, but skating in one or two groups later would probably push their score a little more up on those GOES, which could be crucial for making the free.
They just have to keep moving forward. And pray for no injuries.

When next do they compete?

Karen-W

Hands down Carreira & Ponomarenko have the best RD of the season! And I'm doubtful anyone we haven't seen is going to best it.
Welllll... I like the music choices for Gilles/Poirier, so they may be able to top it, score-wise at least.

Who do we have yet to see? GilPoir, ChoBat, LajLag, ReedAmbru, DavSmo, GreenP - anyone else???

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
Welllll... I like the music choices for Gilles/Poirier, so they may be able to top it, score-wise at least.

Who do we have yet to see? GilPoir, ChoBat, LajLag, ReedAmbru, DavSmo, GreenP - anyone else???
I like the music choices announced for GilPo too.

LaLa are doing Austin Powers, do we know what any of the other not yet seen teams are doing?

Karen-W

I like the music choices announced for GilPo too.

LaLa are doing Austin Powers, do we know what any of the other not yet seen teams are doing?
ChoBat confirmed they're doing a romp through all three decades with their RD in one of the SkAm preview articles - so the music choices listed on their ISU bio are accurate - https://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00013665.htm

Hawaii 5-0 by Jive Bunny
Let’s Twist Again by JiveBunny
Rock Around the Clock by Jive Bunny
The Madison
Watusi with Lucy by The Dovells
Nitty Gritty by Skeewiff
Stayin Alive by Bee Gees
Car Wash
Blame it on the Boogie by The Jacksons
YMCA by Village People
Last Dance by Donna Summer

ReedAmbru - https://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00103181.htm
Da Ya Think I’m Sexy? by Rod Stewart
Da YaThink I’m Sexy? (Blow-up Remix) by Claudio Camaione, Paolo Cilione, Rod Stewart
Da YaThink I’m Sexy? (Extended Version) by N-Trance, Rod Stewart

DavSmo - https://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00106170.htm
Lady Marmalade by Sheila
Music Is My Way of Life
Lady Marmalade by Girl's Generation

GreenP - no update to their ISU or USFS bios yet.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
DavSmo - https://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00106170.htm
Lady Marmalade by Sheila
Music Is My Way of Life
Lady Marmalade by Girl's Generation
I'm sorry but this is actually hilariously on track for this team and I cannot believe I will have to try not to laugh too loud in the audience because the people around me don't know what i know about ice dance and all the drama

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
Oh I remember that crapshoot one for C&B. Could be great, or not :lol:

Not too excited about D&S or R&A's choices.

Green & Parsons mystery all the way around. Sigh.

Karen-W

Oh I remember that crapshoot one for C&B. Could be great, or not :lol:

Not too excited about D&S or R&A's choices.

Green & Parsons mystery all the way around. Sigh.
The real mystery is whether or not they show up at Metropole Nice next week, IMO. I was on the fence about BraSom until they showed up in Budapest this week though also, so we'll just have to wait and see what MIDA posts early next week to confirm they're actually competing.

chameleonster

Assuming G/Pa haven't changed it sonce Champs Camp, their RD is These Boots Are Made For Walking/Soul Bossa Nova. I remember this person also said they did a full runthrough except for the lift which they skipped, while Ian skated B/S's RD by himself but Emily was ready to compete today. So I lean towards Green/Parsons being ready in time? Here's hoping!

Gris

不做奴才做公民
Watched JGP Wuxi dance event in person and in the RD, I'm most impressed by the basics of Nguyen / Giang and how Schubert / Remeshevskiy skated as a pair - I didn't realize that S/R only teamed up in 2023 before I checked their bio. Shame about their lift in the FD.

For the FD I like Perrier Gianesini / Blanc Klaperman's program the best - the choreography responds nicely to the music and the whole program just flew by. I also like Slatter and Ongay-Perez's FD a lot, it has great energy.

icedancefan!!

Dana Sabatini-Speciale and Daniel Kaye have created a team Instagram page, but still no mention of country representation.

Instagram: dana_daniel_icedance

A vlog was posted both on Instagram and Dana's YouTube of their training with Barbara Fusar Poli's team in Milan. Looks like they have programs (having said that, they only showed a few elements), but I haven't seen them on entry lists for anything...

I think they look pretty good, especially considering Daniel has not done partnered dance before, while Dana was on the JGP circuit the past 2 seasons :)

https://youtu.be/hwmyUnhTK_U?si=UIXBJiD7BbPsRgRJ

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information