JGP Bangkok - Ice Dance RD & FD

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Rhythm Dance Starting Order/Live Results - ISU JGP Bangkok 2023 - Junior Ice Dance - Rhythm Dance (isuresults.com)
Time Schedule - http://www.isuresults.com/results/s...-_StartListwithTimes.pdf?force_isolation=true

Livestream - https://youtu.be/sOtkp-qEZuk

StN. Name Nation
Warm-Up Group 1
1 Yufei LIN / Zijian GAO CHN
2 Leah NESET / Artem MARKELOV USA
3 Alexia KRUK / Jan EISENHABER GER
4 Layla VEILLON / Alexander BRANDYS CAN
Warm-Up Group 2
5 Celina FRADJI / Jean-Hans FOURNEAUX FRA
6 Victoria CARANDIUC / Andrei CARANDIUC CAN
7 Jinny KIM / Namu LEE KOR
8 Felicity CHASE / Mikhail AJAM RSA
Warm-Up Group 3
9 Natalie BLAASOVA / Filip BLAAS CZE
10 Eliska ZAKOVA / Filip MENCL CZE
11 Renee YUEN / Oliver MA AUS
12 Giulia Isabella PAOLINO / Andrea TUBA ITA

Karen-W

Wooooohoooo! I hear audio and it's not just the thunder and lightning from outside, lol. Hopefully yesterday's technical issues have been fixed.

Karen-W

Lol. I don't think Ted can hear Mark, but we can hear Mark. Or we did... there he is again! Yeah, there seems to be some sort of a delay and this is definitely going to be a bit weird until they get it fully straightened out with the commentary/audio feeds. Come back, Mark!!!

Karen-W

Michael Xie finally decides to smile from the stands, lol.

Oh, yay! They fixed the audio and Ted can hear Mark!

I'd purged Veillon/Brandys' costumes from my mind after the NextGen simulation comp and I wish I was able to keep them purged.

Karen-W

Lin/Gao start us off! And immediately the feed freezes up. Greaaat.

Karen-W

Omg, Ted - they weren't new to the JGP last year. They competed in Krasnoyarsk and Gdansk in 2021!

Karen-W

Those are some not good twizzles from the Germans.

Karen-W

Veillon/Brandys - could be an opportunity for a surprise medal here for them. I just can't with these costumes - wrong decade. Lame attempt at break dancing also in the MiSt for him.

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
I found the Canadians dance to be frantic, not a fan of the music either.

Karen-W

How is a red, silk scarf around the man's neck channeling the '80s? Asking for everyone who lived through that decade.

Karen-W

This entire flight has let us down tremendously, costume-wise. Black, silver and red. Where is the bright, manic color palette?!

Karen-W

John-John* Forneaux is the victim wearing the red silk scarf. Of course he is. I expect nothing less from a Karine Arribert team.

*Jean and Hans are French and German for John and I still can't get over the fact that his parents named him John-John. When will we get The Waltons FD from them that we deserve?

No KPs on the 2nd Rocker Foxtrot for them. Low TES compared to NesMark.

Karen-W

Carandiucs - tech panel is being stingy... which makes me wonder who's on the tech panel... ooooo, Jonathan Guerreiro's mom is on it!

ETA - rough twizzles...

Karen-W

Kim/Lee - I appreciate the half-gloves and the crazy hair bow - nice nod to the '80s. Based on the summer comps, they're my bet for bronze.

6 of 8 KPs on the pattern! Good twizzles!

That's a very high TES to end with! Hmmmm... could they challenge Fradji/Forneaux for silver???

ETA - Nope, PCS did 'em in, but still well-positioned for bronze! Also - that PCS was exceptionally low and I wouldn't be surprised if it rises in the FD and also at their 2nd JGP in Osaka.

Last edited:

Karen-W

Chase/Ajam - has South Africa ever had a dance team? Nice rotational lift! Some cute expression out of both of them! Long ways from the TES min for Jr Worlds, but maybe next season?

Karen-W

You know what you could give us during the resurfacing, Mark & Ted? Replay of Lin/Gao and NesMark. Instead, we get canned video crap.

jlai

Question everything
Kim/Lee - I appreciate the half-gloves and the crazy hair bow - nice nod to the '80s. Based on the summer comps, they're my bet for bronze.

6 of 8 KPs on the pattern! Good twizzles!

That's a very high TES to end with! Hmmmm... could they challenge Fradji/Forneaux for silver???

ETA - Nope, PCS did 'em in, but still well-positioned for bronze! Also - that PCS was exceptionally low and I wouldn't be surprised if it rises in the FD and also at their 2nd JGP in Osaka.
The Koreans are serious about their potential for team medal at the next Olympics.
This team is so young and they can only get better

Karen-W

Czech sibling teams certainly have a similar look, lol. Right down to first names!

Karen-W

Blaasovi - wow! entry into their lift - got quite the reaction from the crowd too!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information