Practice reports & live practice cams!

Sylvia

TBD
Junhwan Cha's Batman FS run through (Kevin Reynolds & Kaetlyn Osmond are the commentators): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImNc8IzEw_Q

Kao Miura's Attack on Titan FS run through: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MecTILqirHo

Kazuki Tomono's SP run through to Cody Fry's Underground: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTYxE3fPK5Y

Sota Yamamoto's FS run through to Exogenesis Symphony Part 3 by Muse: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11AhbA14nxM

Mihhail Selevko's Game of Thrones FS run through: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syfHKAzTP7E

French commentary on the run throughs of Rino Matsuike, Kaori Sakamoto & Rinka Watanabe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1btRteoKCo
Alicia Pineault and Laurence Darveau are the commentators.

Dobre

A few thoughts from practices today:

Wang wins the 1980s best hair award for me, for the whole season. Also, I thought Wang & Liu looked really good today. They only ran the short, which of course doesn't have the stamina requirement in a free; but they are covering the ice much better than the last time I saw them live (which was 4CCs the year it was held in Anaheim).

Reed & Ambrulevicius skipped a lot of the choreography in their FD during the run-through; but she looks very fit, I think. The best I've seen her. I need to see more of the program still to decide how I feel about it.

Gilles & Poirier must be waiting on other costumes, right? They can't possibly be wearing pale pink for Wuthering Heights, right? The music is great. Again, we didn't see enough of the program today to really get a feel for whether they will do justice to it & the pale pink was a distraction for me. There's a nice lift though.

Fear & Gibson. I know a lot of people don't like the program, and I'm abstaining from having an opinion on it yet; but it's going to win the crowd in Montreal, regardless, you know, because by the time people have watched all the soft & flowy programs, the audience will be dying for something faster. (Unless F&G are right ahead of or on the tail of a Canadian home team, in which case the audience may sit on their hands a bit more).

Kudos to the American teams for all running the twizzles during their run throughs, which about no one else did.

I do think the Browns are using the entire rink better in this year's FD than last year's, and I like her position in the final big lift; but they still struggle to keep up with the taller teams & the speed weaves in and out--faster, slows down, picks up speed, slows down. Too uneven.

Lanaghan & Razgulajevs, I know, are going for the entertainment factor & winning audience appreciation, which I think is fine for them; but I wish Carol would help them develop some original movement. It needn't be hard, just something unique would help.

Fabbri & Ayer ran the RD & it was fine. They aren't as hard-edged as I think this music requires, but it's different from everything else we saw here so that's a plus.

Zingas & Kolesnik. Pluses, her dance movement is much sharper than last season and their speed is pretty solid & steady for their height. Also, they seem a lot more calmed down in practice relative to last year at Nationals & not trying so hard to prove themselves that they are endangering other teams on the ice and in everyone's way. Finding their own confidence rather. What bugs me most about this Michael Jackson program, this year, is that a. this is such a lazy choice from Igor, and b. Jeffrey Chen did the role better, IMO, only a short while ago so while Vadym is a wonderful skater, this isn't working for me.

Pate & Bye. I mean, they are skating well for themselves & I'm glad that they are enjoying this stage of their career and feeling some confidence after Autumn Classic; but ahh, with the Scheherezade & the borrowed Scheherezade moves. I just can't.

Janse Van Rensburg & Steffan, I'm not feeling this season.

Last edited:

jlai

Question everything

Wang wins the 1980s best hair award for me, for the whole season. Also, I thought Wang & Liu looked really good today. They only ran the short, which of course doesn't have the stamina requirement in a free; but they are covering the ice much better than the last time I saw them live (which was 4CCs the year they were held in Anaheim).

Reed & Ambrulevicius skipped a lot of the choreography in their FD during the run-through; but she looks very fit, I think. The best I've seen her. I need to see more of the program still to decide how I feel about it.

Gilles & Poirier must be waiting on other costumes, right? They can't possibly be wearing pale pink for Wuthering Heights, right? The music is great. Again, we didn't see enough of the program today to really get a feel for whether they will do justice to it & the pale pink was a distraction for me. There's a nice lift though.

Fear & Gibson. I know a lot of people don't like the program, and I'm abstaining from having an opinion on it yet; but it's going to win the crowd in Montreal, regardless, you know, because by the time people have watched all the soft & flowy programs, the audience will be dying for something faster. (Unless they are right ahead of or on the tail of a Canadian home team, in which case the audience may sit on their hands a bit more).

Kudos to the American teams for all running the twizzles during their run throughs, which about no one else did.

I do think the Browns are using the entire rink better in this year's FD than last years, and I like her position in the final big lift; but they still struggle to keep up with the taller teams & the speed weaves in and out--faster, slows down, picks up speed, slows down. Too uneven.

Lanaghan & Razgulajevs, I know, are going for the entertainment factor & winning audience appreciation, which I think is fine for them; but I wish Carol would help them develop some original movement. It needn't be hard, just something unique would help.

Fabbri & Ayer ran the RD & it was fine. They aren't as hard-edged as I think this music requires, but it's different from everything else we saw here so that's a plus.

Zingas & Kolesnik. Pluses, her dance movement is much sharper than last season and their speed is pretty solid & steady for their height. Also, they seem a lot more calmed down in practice relative to last year at Nationals & not trying so hard to prove themselves that they are endangering other teams on the ice and in everyone's way. Finding their own confidence rather. What bugs me most about this Michael Jackson program, this year, is that a. this is such a lazy choice from Igor, and b. Jeffrey Chen did the role better, IMO, only a short while ago so while Vadym is a wonderful skater, this isn't working for me.

Pate & Bye. I mean, they are skating well for themselves & I'm glad that they are enjoying this stage of their career and feeling some confidence after Autumn Classic; but ahh, with the Scheherezade & the borrowed Scheherezade moves. I just can't.

You are supposed to opine on who you think will come out ahead among the American trio. :drama:

Lanie

the uberdom chooses YOU
Oona is my height and body type, even, which ngl is nice to see in ice dance because I was told I should never even bother trying to learn the patterns (which I was doing for fun) because I was too short :drama: But it sure makes you skate small no matter what you do and it's so much harder, or at least in my experience, was harder to get a lot of push and power.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
Oona is my height and body type, even, which ngl is nice to see in ice dance because I was told I should never even bother trying to learn the patterns (which I was doing for fun) because I was too short :drama:
Whaaaaaaaaat??? This legit makes me so angry. I think everyone should learn ice dance pattern dances really. It's so good for speed and control.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝

Wang wins the 1980s best hair award for me, for the whole season. Also, I thought Wang & Liu looked really good today. They only ran the short, which of course doesn't have the stamina requirement in a free; but they are covering the ice much better than the last time I saw them live (which was 4CCs the year it was held in Anaheim).

Fear & Gibson. I know a lot of people don't like the program, and I'm abstaining from having an opinion on it yet; but it's going to win the crowd in Montreal, regardless, you know, because by the time people have watched all the soft & flowy programs, the audience will be dying for something faster. (Unless F&G are right ahead of or on the tail of a Canadian home team, in which case the audience may sit on their hands a bit more).

I do think the Browns are using the entire rink better in this year's FD than last years, and I like her position in the final big lift; but they still struggle to keep up with the taller teams & the speed weaves in and out--faster, slows down, picks up speed, slows down. Too uneven.

so much I agree with you on, especially the music choice of Z and K

honey

Slightly confused about why we’re getting a weather report from Ted and friends as we get started, but sure why not.

Will try to take in some practice, but also working so we’ll see how it goes!

honey

Thus far most people are looking like it’s 8am lol.

Ruiter took a weird fall on a 2A and came down awkwardly. She was rubbing her knee after, but did a nice 3F at the end of the run through, so seems to be ok.

Andrew’s 3T+3T in the run through done but rotation would be reviewed. I love this program for her. Nice 3L.

honey

Marie France is watching this second group of women by rink side. She’s on the side opposite from the rest of the coaches.

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
Ted has told me, via a reply to a message I sent, that the internet in the building was very inconsistent and in and out. It was very frustrating to them (too) but they think they have it fixed now. Fingers crossed :)

Meanwhile, without a smart phone I have managed, through persistence, to get access to the website on my smart 50" TV and am watching the practice stream :)

honey

Is this purple dress new for Audrey Shin? Did I dream that she was wearing orange earlier in the season?

Solo 3T, nice 2A, and nice 3L. She’s a really beautiful skater.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
So glad they put Women and Dance first since I’m iffy after that. Pairs remain meh for me and the only men I really like there are Rizzo and Cha, no way will I make it that late.

figures this event is in Pacific Coast time where I live, but I am in Germany at the moment. Which means I need to stay up until like three or 4 AM, I don’t think so.

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
Got out of a meeting just in time to see Piper & Paul's RD run-through - Love it. Definitely want to see this in competition later, but one of my favorites so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information