Skate Canada 2023 Pairs SP - Knitting's Gonna Stop us Now

genevieve

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger (she/her)
Staff member
Wedgie Data

ISU Channel (sorry I can't access the individual feed)

Warm-Up Group 1
1 Lucrezia BECCARI / Matteo GUARISE ITA
2 Kelly Ann LAURIN / Loucas ETHIER CAN
3 Letizia ROSCHER / Luis SCHUSTER GER
4 Maria PAVLOVA / Alexei SVIATCHENKO HUN

Warm-Up Group 2
5 Brooke McINTOSH / Benjamin MIMAR CAN
6 Daria DANILOVA / Michel TSIBA NED
7 Anastasia GOLUBEVA / Hektor GIOTOPOULOS MOORE AUS
8 Deanna STELLATO-DUDEK / Maxime DESCHAMPS CAN

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
On the Skate Canada live stream they are actually showing the Opening Ceremonies including a Jr. Synchro team (from the Lower Mainland) and a group of skaters from the Connaught Skating Club.

The Skate Canada International Livestream (from the event page): https://skatecanada.ca/2023-skate-canada-international/#live-stream
The Skate Canada Daily Motion stream: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8oz829
There will be a link to the Pairs stream on the CBC website: https://www.cbc.ca/player/sports/olympics/winter/figure skating

peibeck

Simply looking
3 teams who were top ten at worlds last year, one of whom was also world junior silver medalists - deeper field than last week.

Okay. I guess I just didn't find pairs very compelling last year. Obviously I know who Deanna and Max are, also Matteo G.

Maybe when I see the rest it may spark a memory.

Last week the SPs were overall pretty decent. The free skates definitely weren't.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Guarise sporting a black eye? Or it's just the lighting? Or my eyes are going already?

I'm just going to blame it on the lighting.

Amy L

I'm glad there was a delay for the opening ceremonies. A few minutes after dance ended, my mother announced that I needed to take her to the store NOW. It's gonna rain tomorrow so we needed to hurry up and get the dog food and yogurt now :lol:

Jay42

Between the click of the light
I'm glad there was a delay for the opening ceremonies. A few minutes after dance ended, my mother announced that I needed to take her to the store NOW. It's gonna rain tomorrow so we needed to hurry up and get the dog food and yogurt now :lol:
It was the perfect amount of time for me to eat supper.

tony

Well if you're looking at his EYES obviously something is wrong with your vision. :saint:
I was just typing how he still fits very well into his costumes after all of these years ;)

I was quite surprised to see him continue after Della Monica because they had a peak many years before they finally called it quits, only to just regress and drop in the standings for a while.

This was quite nice, very stable. Kinda disconnected from each other but I think this has more choreography than what he showed with Nicole.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
I'll be honest I barely watched anything they did as a pair

skatingguy

decently
Beccari, Lucrezia/Guarise, Matteo 🇮🇹
Coach: Luca Dematte, Rosanna Murante
Music: Run by Ludovico Einaudi

3Tw 3
3T
Throw 3Lo
3 Lift 4
Forward Inside Death Sp 4
Step Sequence 3

Fly Ch Combo Spin 4

Solid skate. Not much connection between the skating, and the music. Something to build from.

65.83 = 1st Place

Last edited:

tony

Frozen feed for me. The curse of Canada continues. Someone stepped on the cord.

Actually I don't think I can blame Canada because my entire TV just reset itself

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information