Skate Canada 2023 Pairs FS - Rats, The Musical

genevieve

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger (she/her)
Staff member
Wedgie Data

ISU Stream

Starting Order:
Warm-Up Group 1
1 Letizia ROSCHER / Luis SCHUSTER GER 8 52.07
2 Kelly Ann LAURIN / Loucas ETHIER CAN 7 57.14
3 Daria DANILOVA / Michel TSIBA NED 6 57.17
4 Brooke McINTOSH / Benjamin MIMAR CAN 5 59.83

Warm-Up Group 2
5 Maria PAVLOVA / Alexei SVIATCHENKO HUN 4 62.22
6 Anastasia GOLUBEVA / Hektor GIOTOPOULOS MOORE AUS 3 62.8
7 Lucrezia BECCARI / Matteo GUARISE ITA 2 65.83
8 Deanna STELLATO-DUDEK / Maxime DESCHAMPS CAN 1 72.25

peibeck

Simply looking
I have tuxedo truffle mousse cake and am prepared to use it to avoid watching some of these scary lifts.

nuage

I don’t get why each Canadian team/ skater seems to use a different colour Canadian jacket. While team USA all use the same one.

peibeck

Simply looking
Ethier is a firefighter the announcer says? How does one balance that career and skating?

skatingguy

decently
I don’t get why each Canadian team/ skater seems to use a different colour Canadian jacket. While team USA all use the same one.
Because in Canada we believe in multi-culturism, and true individuality, which means not making everyone look, and dress the same. :p (Also Skate Canada is just less organized than USFS and doesn't get the latest jackets to the skaters competing internationally so they have to reuse previous seasons.)

Sally1214

Okay, I'm ready to relax and be thrilled by wonderful skating from this moment until bedtime (which will be after the men's fs).

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Yesterday the Pairs SP came one and I bailed. I told dh that I just didn't want to watch it. I hope I don't regret watching the FS!

Theatregirl1122

Needs a nap
I haven't watched the last two SPs yet, so I'm choosing those over the first two LPs for like... a decrease in disaster potential.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
His leg lift being so beautifully extended was the first interesting thing about the program.

What a mess of a protocol right now. Pair spin getting no points which means one was already called, maybe in error or maybe not wasn't paying enough attention, the death spiral at basic level, lifts with negative GOE.

Just as messy as they were last year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information